MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Plague Baby

cookiejar

Every family has one!

I babysat my two nephews and my niece with the complete assurance they were over their flu/colds. So I go home, not feeling my best. cough

I'm feeling blue and draggy. I wake up this morning clogged and coughing. So I call my beloved kin to find out,"Oh yeah, Katy was drinking out of all your sodas." ARGHHH! Plague baby!!!

That's the child that goes to daycare/school/sunday school and brings home what ever the current Flu, cold, germ-extravaganza is out there then promptly gives it to everyone in the family making them sick as ____ and miraculously gets well.

While everybody else is still sick. Plague baby. Does your family have one? rofl

Beware the Plague Baby!!!

Plague Baby here is usually the 18 who is a senior in high school.

Never fails what ever is going around he always brings home. Doesn't always have all the symptoms but everyone else gets them that is for sure.

Ummm, I have 24 little plague babies who like to spread it around to me and all the other staff...and they come when we're feeling sick (but not too sick to come to work) and have WAY too much energy for us to want to deal with. Hope you feel better quick. bighug

My 2 yo daughter gets and shares every germ going around. Next school year I'm only working 2 days a week so she and I have more recovery time to handle all the germs.

Everyone I know who works with little kids or sick people tells me the first year is the worst. I hope so! it would be nice to see her nose not running for more than a day or two at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, yes. My hubby is the Plague Baby, too! We can usually avoid the current bugs that are going around, but then he'll have to travel somewhere for work, and bring home the "exotics" - last one was a cold from Long Island...ugh.

The worst trouble we have is checkups at the pediatrician. We do immunizations, but as soon as the kids are past those, we avoid going, or try to take them all in at once; every time we've taken one of them in for a shot or checkup, we all end up sick. Too many germs in one building! Hmm...daughter has to have a physical for camp...I wonder if the doc could meet us outside...LOL

• 1 year later...

I have two plague babies. My son who puts everything in his mouth all the time and my husband who sees everyone and has to shake hands for his job. DH was the barer of the pneumonia my DD and I just got over. DS was the bringer of the bronchitis my DD and I got over before that. See a pattern? They get a mild case us girls get the extra trips to the doctor and the yucky medicines. <_<

Ewwww, we see them.... RUN AWAY...

and they always like to

:blah:

:kissy:

:hug3:

My DH loves to share too..... he says, "misery loves company."

Gee, thanks.

:shakinghead:

Archived