MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mother

Red Flags for a Looming Crisis

The Ag report for TX was talking about how dry it has been for many farmers. Sounds odd since I am just starting to get dry here. I haven't put in a garden since I'm trying to sell this place and have too much work to do even without a garden.

I havent driven up thru the big farming area recently. We've had so many late frosts tho that the blackberry crop just isn't happening again. We had LOTS of blooms then a frost.

Blame the late frosts on global warming.... it's still down in the lower 30's at night here...yesterday morning at 0630 it was 32...more global warming

I went into Home Depot Friday, all of the seeds were sold out, still had veggie plants. Must be a lot more gardens going in.

My friend in Kansas said she noticed vegetable plants were really picked through and seemed strange to see things bought up. I was waiting for the Farmers Market to start buying mine, but I might check the stores and see what is going on. It is too early here.

Since this thread has jumped to over 250 posts, I'm locking this one and starting a #2. See ya there!! wink

bighug