MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
One Frugal Mom

We are now the proud owners of 6 apple trees!

LOL We purchased 2 semi-dwarf granny smiths, 2 sd galas, a dwarf winsap and a dwarf golden delicious.

Now I just need to wait for them to grow and produce! rofl

Our neighbor came over and could not beleive we bought SIX! He said, "do you know how many apples you will get?" I smiled and said "as many as they want to give me!" wiggle

You might want to graft bits of the Golden Delicious onto at least two of the other trees. As scarce as bees are becoming, pollination might be a top priority. Goldens are reputed to be "rooster trees" that produce lots of pollen.

I will keep that in mind. We did plant the golden in the middle of all the other trees, because I had read that they were good pollentators. I would have bought two... but we got the last one on the lot.

We have organic chicken from a farm who run them in their apple orchard. Delicious!

I adore trees and fruit trees, and so I am somewhat jealous. We have a very small garden, and three trees so far!

People thought I was crazy last fall when I told them I would love to have their wormy apples.

My hens loved them!