MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cricket

EQ in Ill - any Mrs S ladies affected?

Woke us up. We could feel the house shake, and hear it. It lasted perhaps 15 or 20 seconds. No damage was done that we've found, fortunately. I think we are about 200 miles from the epicenter.

Felt it clear up here also but so far no damage found either.

Having some residual dizziness from it though as I have an inner ear disorder. Either that or we're still getting tremors.

Yuk,

bighug

Woke the family up! crazy

We have two parakeets and they were acting really strange

first. When they stopped everything in the house started

to vibrate for about 30 seconds.

My legs have felt weak and shaking since then. shrug

bighug

As an odd addition - a power line near us snapped last night. The poles were fine, but the line was snapped, part dangling in the air and part lying in the ground. The only thing that happened last night was this minor earthquake - very minor - no damage done to buildings. The weather is mild - no high winds, no ice, nothing that could snap a power line normally. I was stunned that such a mild bit of shaking could snap a power line. If such a little quake could snap a power line, our electric grid would be in serious trouble if a larger quake hits the area (not likely, given our distance from the New Madrid fault line, but I guess a possibility).

ROFL!!!!!

oh why am I laughing... Californian's are actually really nice and friendly... we are sharing out earthquakes with everyone else! no sense in keeping them to ourselves.

just heard on the news.. once there was an earthquake that made the Mississippi river run back wards for 3 minutes.. how cool is that!

Had a second one at 10:38 this morning...felt the first one but it only lasted about 20 seconds. Never felt the second one. Just a little shake rattle and rolling. grin

Q

Mother,

hope the dizziness has resolved. Take care.

Thank you MomM but I'm still trying to get my balance. The second quake affected me more than the first one did as I was standing when it came. It is nice to have a REASON for being dizzy this time, often I can find none. frown

We had things fall off a shelf with the second one but not the first. I wonder if they were bounced to the edge and then dived. Thank heavens it was not HERE.

Westy, I've seen the wind blow so hard that the Mississippi LOOKED like it was going backwards. Wouldn't want to be out on it when it actually did.

(earthquake insurance,,,,, got to check on insurance running )

bighug

We're 160 miles from the epicenter. The dogs and birds went crazy right before the first one. Then quiet just as the first wave of shaking hit.

About 11:30 it happened again only much weaker. My poor dogs. All they want is a nap by now.

Kim

Take care everyone...pay attention to what the animals are telling you to get in a safe place for any aftershocks. Seems like they're the best "early warning system" you have for something like this!

How scary...praying that things will settle down now...

We're o.k. too. DH felt it early this morning and it woke him up, but I slept through it along with the kids. There was no damage here and everyone is o.k.

Cootie

It woke us up. Our house and bed were shaking. At first I thought it was my DH and he thought it was me and my DD called from her room asking what was going on, and that is when I knew we had an Earthquake. We have no damage. It was just scary. What scares me is there is no warning, and in the middle of the night by the time your awake it would be hard to get out in the case of a bigger, more dangerous earthquake.We live near Paducah, KY.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Glad eveyone is ok, hope your ear gets to feeling better too, Mother.

Wes, the earth quakes are the reason we got out of CA. No, not really, we felt only one in the time we were living out there.

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-1.gif

Glad all are OK, here in NC we have a fault line also. It changed the level of PEE Dee River for twenty miles back in the late 1800's. The little river town serviced by the river boats dried up and died. I believe a similiar quake changed the Mississippi's course along the same time. wc

could it be the new madrid fault acting up? if so, glad they are little tremors, historically it has given us some doozies, but not for over 100 yrs now....

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.