MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Males and MrsS.

Wed. PM about bedtime I popped into the chat to simply say hello. The message was something like--"hello,can't stay but wish to say goodnight". Before I could get it typed out someone said-well here come the men.

Ladies, I do not want to butt in and really enjoy it here but if I am an intruder into the realm then please say so. No offense will be taken what so ever. You have a really nice site here and I can understand if you want it kept Ladies Only, wc

Please be completely frank.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'll be completely frank and what I say will go for the entire site.

We absolutely love the men that are here at MrsS. I don't ever want any of the guys to feel as if they're an outsider or not wanted around here. Y'all really do bring a critical, unique and much needed perspective to all that MrsS is.

Probably what happened was that they were just TEASING you...Lord knows that the typewritten word is very dry and it's just a misunderstanding. I'm not just saying that, I'm serious because I tease some of the guys around here all the time and sure hope that they don't misunderstand and feel uncomfortable that they've done something wrong.

So throw that thought and concern away, we love having you here and I'm sure the rest of the ladies will get to this thread sometime today and mirror my sentiments here. You're stuck here now and are not going anywhere.

I agree with Darlene. Alot of ladies just joke around for fun.

I like the idea of men on this board.

stay post and enjoy the site.

-6 Men of course are welcome here. It's too late anyway, you're here. LOL (Don't let the ladies frighten you off!!)

Personally, I *like* men, LOL. I married one and everything.

So don't you go anywhere.

Darlene is right, probably nobody meant anything by the comment in chat except code for "don't talk about cramps and hormone issues right now."

As a person who has frequently gotten in a snit aobut stuff said on the message boards only to realize later the snittiness was all mine, let me say that in cyberspace, it's easy to "read into" things. Just remember when you try to read between lines, there's nothing there but blank space so you're just guessing.

You did the right thing, buddy. You asked...should I stay. You got the answer YES....

So??? Hang in there.

I add my vote to the rest -06 and all the rest of you guys.

We NEED you ALL here. We need different perspectives and I personally have learned a lot from the men on the site.

I was in chat when you popped in -06 and I saw the reference to 'the men are coming' but actually thought it was a reference to that persons OWN men coming home LOL. Show's you what different perspectives we get of the typed word.....I can assure you that statement was lovingly meant cause the typer's own husband is a member smile

-06 I value your posts and tend to look for them just to see what you've written. Please do NOT feel you are not appreciated. YOU ARE! You and all the other Mr's are as much a part of Mrs. S as the Mrs's are. I'm glad you are here.

Hey Judy, I TOO must like men cause I married one too. LOL But that aside, some of my best friends are men. I adopt them. Ask Trip. grin

bighug

I know i have lurked for years lol and have really just started posting but I enjoy the mans point of view. My husband looks at things differently and puts a different spin on things we need everyones ideas.

I am a member on several predominantly male sites & the tone is very harsh on a lot of them. I enjoy the men here as almost all of you are very chivalrous, very attentive to the fact that it IS a predominantly feminine site & if it weren't for you menfolk to pick on, we'd never have any fun (joking on that last part wink ). I have enjoyed the members here, male & female. It's not often that websites have such a wonderful mix. They are mostly male or female. Last I checked I was not in a preparatory school for girls on here. We are adults here (I hope), and anyone that can't see that this site runs no differently than the rest of the world- mixed, debating sometimes, etc- really needs to check themselves.

That said- I do also believe that the remark was made in jest. I know I'm guilty of the same kidding, and I can't say I apologise if I've offended someone. I always speak my mind, try to do it in a cordial fashion, but quite frankly, you can't please everyone, especially on the net. Besides, what would I do if it weren't for John & his (now) bald shaven & painted head? A gal's gotta have fun somewhere (sorry, WG! I couldn't resist rofl)

Oh, gee - that was me!!!

Darling, I like men! You were the first guy to show up in the chat, that's all. I had just posted about the dandelion wine trying to get more people to come in...

I most definitely did not intend to hurt anyone's feelings! I have sent you a PM.

-6 and the rest of the men here...

I love men!! hummmmm.. that didn't come out right.. I love my husband.. but I like all of you guys! well.. that doesn't sound right either... um...

oh heck... frankly (why anyone would name their child Frankly is beyond me...), keep posting! come to chat and tell them to behave or you will throw a pie in their eye!

Seriously... most joke because men are so rare on this site and no harm is meant.

I wish more men would post... heck worm guy was in chat last night.. not much of a talker, I am sure he would have talked more had another man been there. I enjoy the conversation and thoughts of men...

Please don't go away or stop posting and come hang out in chat and talk.

you are one of our sisters.... that doesn't sound right either.. you are our Mrs. S brother! do we have a Mr. S forum? maybe we need a Mr. S thread! LOL!

Awwww ((((((-6)))))) I was in chat last night also. I took Leah's comment as a GOOD thing. We LIKE it when the guys show up-"Here come the men" (YEAH clap ). You didn't interupt anything...we weren't paintin' our toenails or nothin' like that (Darlene makes us do that in PBC rollingeyes ).

The way I see it...We are MRS S--not Miss S or Ms S. Ya got to have the Mr. to be a Mrs. I for one value the men's ideas, thoughts and opinions as much as I do the women's--gives me a different perspective on things. wink

Like Darlene said-the typewritten words, without tone or expression, can lead to misunderstandings sometimes. I know it's happened to me before. Don't worry about it. Stick around, have fun, teach and learn. WE LOVE YA DUDE!! grin

bighug

Originally Posted By: JCK88
-6 Men of course are welcome here. It's too late anyway, you're here. LOL (Don't let the ladies frighten you off!!)

Personally, I *like* men, LOL. I married one and everything.

So don't you go anywhere.

Darlene is right, probably nobody meant anything by the comment in chat except code for "don't talk about cramps and hormone issues right now."

As a person who has frequently gotten in a snit aobut stuff said on the message boards only to realize later the snittiness was all mine, let me say that in cyberspace, it's easy to "read into" things. Just remember when you try to read between lines, there's nothing there but blank space so you're just guessing.

You did the right thing, buddy. You asked...should I stay. You got the answer YES....

So??? Hang in there.

That happened to me once blush and the ladies said something to the same effect.

Don't worry -6, WE are welcomed here, if we were not I would not be here.

And Kayla, I still remember what you did... neener

wormie
John

Put me on the list with the "love men" crowd! I have a terrific DH and grown-up sons. Plus all my unofficial "sons" (friends of my boys) who still come to visit. (You know if you feed teen-age boys then you can't get rid of them) grouphug2

All in all, men who are prepared for emergencies are pretty darn handy to have around. :chop:

.... even if they can't manage to drop a sock into a hamper. rollingeyes

((((((((06)))))))))))) I love guys too...well I am the momma to 3 boys and of course I am married to Saintsfan, so whats one more bighug

m23b sneaking up behind 06 (mumbling something about men being so senstive) with mud pie and dumping it on his head 070804-F-1722R-051.jpg and then running and hiding behing Darlene and Westie whistlingdarlene

I guess I don't like men, must be why I never married one rofl -6 I've had a time or two when I felt my presents was bothering a few people and said something about like you did, I was ambushed with a bunch of pm's etc and told to be still that I was welcome, Of course that was before they got to know me and now probably wish I would go away grin I really only stick around to pick on "SWNSNBM" and to piss off the Duddly Do Rights... smirk

all BS aside -6 this place and these ladys carried me thru one of the worst times of my life and I love them all for it.

I will admit that I probably do irritate some, and that's ok, sometimes I irritate myself but I know I'm welcome here ( I think...hope???) and that the ladys put up with me and my dark side that pops out once in a while. I usually get a pm telling me I'm out of line..and for that I thank you ladys. I've also had pm's telling me I was right and to ignore the ButtHead's...

What it is -6 and this took a while for me to understand it, we are a Family.. a big family but family none the less. we have our up and down moments and times when we want to throw a rock at one or the other.. thats what familys do...

Some of us click more then others but that's ok too, if we all got along it wouldn't be a family.

Like my flame job on FD, after I got a pm smacking me ( thank you! grin) for acting like a butthead I hope I made peace with her... I was out of line.

Anyway I just wanted to use 5000 words to say what could have been said in a few...your welcome here, have a beer, leave the tolit seat up in the cave grin, if ya start feeling down call the Pizza Dude and float around a while..the view is cool from up there above the edge, course ya gotz to stop at Mothers and get the Green Brownies first grin

That's my $1,32 worth....

Trip taking the express elevator back down to the cave...........

Originally Posted By: Necie
Awwww ((((((-6)))))) I was in chat last night also. I took Leah's comment as a GOOD thing. We LIKE it when the guys show up-"Here come the men" (YEAH clap ). You didn't interupt anything...we weren't paintin' our toenails or nothin' like that (Darlene makes us do that in PBC rollingeyes ).

That was my interpretation too.

Like AOF4G said, the men here on Mrs S offer a different perspective, and do so in a polite manner. I enjoy each and every one of you! bighug

And I'm glad you asked, 06. Better to find out the truth than sit wondering if your feelings should be hurt.
Originally Posted By: ATHagan

But just let one of us men forget to put the toilet seat down and it's a different matter!

Well of COURSE that's a whole different matter all together...

That's why you always put it down, cause you're a smart man!

darlene

lol

Add me to the mix for wanting all of the men to stay. They are are not only wanted but needed. To be quite honest, I don't always know who is male or female unless their user name gives it away. There is wormGUY and Fritz and Alan and Louis that come to mind. And then there is Trip. I'm pretty sure he is a guy.

Please stay. As Darlene said, the printed word can be misunderstood and I'm sure that is what happened.

bighug

Archived