MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Mother

New Preppers can be prepared too!

The development I used to live in used to have recycle days. I used to drive around the neighborhood and pull out 2 liter soda bottles out of the recycle bins. They are easy to disinfect and don't leak. I easily have hundreds filled with water and stored all over my house. This is the least expensive way to store water. I also use soda bottles to store my rice. Disinfect them, fill them with rice and put in the freezer for few days, then onto the shelves (or under the couch!). I have a few 55 gallon water barrels outside but we had a very cold winter and all outside water froze. On those days I had to truck out water from my house to water my chickens. I went through several 2 liter bottles per day. I never thought to include water for chickens and pets in my storage so I spent half the summer scrounging for more soda bottles to fill.

Georgene I'm a low carber too but if it all goes down the toilet I'll be eating rice for breakfast!

Edited by Jakk

The development I used to live in used to have recycle days. I used to drive around the neighborhood and pull out 2 liter soda bottles out of the recycle bins. They are easy to disinfect and don't leak. I easily have hundreds filled with water and stored all over my house. This is the least expensive way to store water. I also use soda bottles to store my rice. Disinfect them, fill them with rice and put in the freezer for few days, then onto the shelves (or under the couch!). I have a few 55 gallon water barrels outside but we had a very cold winter and all outside water froze. On those days I had to truck out water from my house to water my chickens. I went through several 2 liter bottles per day. I never thought to include water for chickens and pets in my storage so I spent half the summer scrounging for more soda bottles to fill.

Georgene I'm a low carber too but if it all goes down the toilet I'll be eating rice for breakfast!

:thumbs:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.