MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Time for my pace maker replacement

Snowmom

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

I know I haven't been on here much lately but, need to get in here once in a while. smile

Thursday afternoon while getting dinner ready, I had an episode, I black out, but, don't pass out. Just can't see anything at all and yet, know what is going on. I called Fargo Friday morning about 9:30 and they called me back about 9:50 saying they wanted me over there at 1:00 so we had to really hurry. Thank goodness Old Pine had the day off so I didn't have to call him at work. We were expecting the boys mom to come get them, so I had to call her and let her know what was going on. She waited in Fargo and met us at the hospital. Yes, we did make it by 1:00

After they did the check up on the pace maker, it has been decided I will get it replaced within the month if possible.

In February, I had 1 - 9 months left, in May, it was down to 1 - 7 months and now after just 6 weeks it was down to 1 - 5 months. Therefore, it has lost 2 months in just 6 weeks. We just don't want to take any chances so will get it done as soon as we can. We want to wait until our DD can get up here, and she has said give me about 2 weeks. Also, I would like to be able to get it done when Old Pine has a day off.

They are to call me on Monday from our clinic to set a date for the surgery, I will let you all know when I find out. So, if I am not on here much, it is either I just don't have the energy and the boys are here or, it is that we are getting things done for the fair. smile Yes, the boys will be here on Monday, and just one will have to go home on the 13th as he has summer school. The youngest will be staying here with us by himself for the next three weeks then the other one comes back for a couple weeks.

This may put a stop to me taking anything to the county fair, as it starts next week. Right now I don't think I have any business doing any driving, as I don't know when one of these episodes will happen again. I will have to check with our neighbor and see if one of them will drive us in to get the things entered in the fair.

Please know even if I don't get in here to post, I am thinking of all of you.

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-2.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How blessed we are that we live in a time a computer can tell us it is time to check the pacemaker. Well time for a little replacement, you are in our prayers and we will be glad when you are back in the saddle again.

We will hold up the Fort while you are gone, and try to kept Darlene in check----and you know what a job that is------.

And it will be all here for you to read when you return, there is no telling what you will miss-----. Well Darlene could have 56 chickens, 4 pigs and 5 cows at the rate she is going.:)

Take care of yourself and know you are loved------

Wow over 9k posts? Gotta keep that ticker going so you can hit 10k!

Prayers going up.

SNowmom..I just saw this...keeping you in our prayers here. (My 83-year-old Mom says... tell you not to worry. She's on her third pacemaker and still going like the energizer bunny!)

Can't wait to hear you made it to enter stuff in the fair, and how many ribbons you win!!

bouquet

Seriously, Snowmom... take care of yourself and keep us posted.

**Praying for your health and hopin' you slow down and rest**

bighug

Take care of yourself and get well. It is good that they can check on the pacemakers and know it is time to replace it before it becomes a crisis.

You will be in my prayers.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif to all of you.

I got my call from the clinic and will be going in on Monday, the hospital will call me on Friday to tell me what time to be there.

Our DD from TX will be on her way Saturday early, so if you all would please pray for her safety coming up, I would appreciate that. smile She will be staying 3 or 4 weeks with us and will be here to help me with different things.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. smile

BiscuitMaker, I am so thankful that there is such a thing as a pace maker, otherwise, who knows what would have happened to me. This is all due to the space age, so yes, I am for new and improved space age. smile This pace maker I have right now was put in on February 15, 1996 and they said it would last 10 - 12 years, well, it has lasted the 12 years + so it is time for the new one. smile

You all will just have to keep Darlene in line while I'm gone from the site. smile

Momo, you are in charge of the Spa for the next couple weeks. smile

JCK88, I think the stress is the waiting. I know I'll be fine, and all, but, the not knowing if and when another black out will hit, is the worst part of it all. Once Monday comes and this is replaced, I'll be fine. I'm planning on the third pace maker too, maybe even the 4th one. smile Only God knows the answer to how many I will get. smile

Oh, let your mom know I won't worry to much. smile And, yes, that energizer bunny really keeps going and keeps some of us people going too. winksmile

Cat, I'm not sure just how much I will get in the fair this year, as I have all the baking yet to do so may not get a lot in, I'm not going to put any flowers in unless I do just a small basket of them. smile Only a couple days to work on things yet, so have to really get moving now.

The boys will be back sometime this afternoon, so they will be wanting to do something for the fair too, I'm sure. smile

Cowgirl, you are so right, it is good that they can tell before hand. When I had this one put in, it was an emergency. I was flat lining 30 seconds at a time and doing it every few minutes.

THANKYOUFORPRAYING.jpg

I'll have someone let you all know as soon as they can how things are. Who knows, I might be out of the hospital by Monday night, from the way it sounds. I will probably be on lots of good pain killers, but, Old Pine or our DD can let you know how things are. smile

Oh, I'll let you know as soon as I can what I got for ribbons at the fair. smile Just hope I can get the pictures done Sunday night after we get it all home. smile

You all take care and don't do anything I wouldn't while I'm off of here. smile

HUGS4-1.gifHAVEAGOODDAY-2.gif

(((((Snowy)))))))) I have been so busy of late that I almost missed this! Of course you and all your family have my prayers for traveling, peace, saftey, the surgery, etc...and will keep all of you there until you get back on here to let us know otherwise! bouquet I know you wont let this keep you down long and look forward to seeing you back to posting on Tuesday! lolhappy02bighugbighugbighugbighugbighugbighug

Q

Quote:
Please know even if I don't get in here to post, I am thinking of all of you.

We'll be thinking of you too!! Wondering if they've made any changes to pacemakers since your first one? Hoping with technology they have new and improved models that will last twice as long and require less frequent replacement. The blackouts sound scary and yes probably shouldn't drive until problem fixed. Glad your daughter is coming to help you and prayers for safe travel to and from. If you don't get much ready for the fair, theres always next year. You'll feel better and can do even more!

Take care. Love ya. bighug

GOODEVENING1-1.gif

Again, thank you all so much for all the prayers.

Yes, they have changed the pace makers a lot since I had this first one put in. They have made them a bit smaller and they last only 5 - 7 years now, instead of the 10 - 12 years. They want to do more surgeries and get more money. frown At least that is what it looks like to me.

Now, on the other hand, with this new pace maker, I will be able to just plug the machine that will check the pace maker into a phone jack and do the check without talking to someone at the clinic in Fargo. That might be good and then it might not be so good. I liked to talk to the people over there. smile But, I would be able to do the check from anywhere there is a jack, so that would be great if we were out of town the day I am to do the check. I won't have a special time either, just as long as it is on the day they as for.

I will be going to the hospital at 7:00 A.M. Monday morning and after all the papers and such are filled out, and the pre-op stuff is done, I should get this one replaced. I will only be in the hospital a short time, I'll probably come home in the afternoon sometime. They sure don't want to keep anyone very long any more. I thought I might be overnight at least, but, no way.

I will end up taking my fosamax on Tuesday. Just hope I'm not in to much pain. Of course I'll have some good pain killers so that will help too. smile

I did get several things to the fair and will post the pictures as soon as I can after Tuesday.

Love ya all and be good now. smile

HUGS4-1.gifhavealovelyevening.gif

Archived