MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Emergency Prayers Please

cookiejar

Please put my Step-Mom in your prayers.

She is going in within the half hour away in Colorado for surgery on her hip for a fracture (possible break) and a bone biopsy. She may need pins all around her pelvic and such.

My Dad is a mess but his sister just got there at the hospital as I spoke to him plus my cousin. Until after the surgery, we won't know anything and apparently the biopsy will take 48 hours til they can say what's what.

My Dad is a recovered stroke person but would (as we would) be lost without her.

I'm just emotional and babbly. Just pour it on with the prayers please? Toss in guidence and such too.

My step-sister is on alert too. It's her Mother. We're in the waiting game.

Thank you,

cookie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precious Lord,

Please be with this family and touch this mom as only you can do. Bring comfort to each loved one as they wait and healing to her body. Please guide the doctors and nurses that are attending. Thank you for the opportunity to come boldly to Your throne with our requests. We praise You because You are faithful and able and willing to come to our aid at these times.

Amen and Amen

Originally Posted By: Stephanie
Precious Lord,

Please be with this family and touch this mom as only you can do. Bring comfort to each loved one as they wait and healing to her body. Please guide the doctors and nurses that are attending. Thank you for the opportunity to come boldly to Your throne with our requests. We praise You because You are faithful and able and willing to come to our aid at these times.

Amen and Amen

And Amen. cookie, i know the waiting so far away from a loved one can be a living heck. Please try to stay calm and positive so that when they call you, maybe you will be able to give some of that to them by the tone of your voice and in what you say. That is very important. The only thing that will keep me calm during all the waiting is prayer. And I don't mean like a formal prayer, just talking to Him as if He was here in front of me and we are sharing a chat at the kitchen table or something. No, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the Lord that way and He knows it. I think that is why he answers me. He will know your heart and hear you hon. I wish I was there to hold your hand, give you a hug and tell you everything will be okay but this will have to do.... bighugbouquetbighug

Q

Thank you so much,

You've got me crying here. I just had to lay it all at God's feet and pray.

So far the operation was success. They had to put a plate and some pins.Now, it's the waiting game with the tests but at least she's not in anymore pain like I spoke about in Nature's Prescriptions.

My Dad's still a mess but his sister arrived and has him all organized out now. SM in a wonderful hospital which is a blessing too.

My sister and I are waiting for the tests to work out plans of action if that makes sense?

Please please keep the prayers up. Thank you so much. You are a blessing and a solace.

cookie

Dear sweet ((((cookie))))....they are a blessing and a solace aren't they? Everyone is so wonderful here. I am keeping you and your family bathed in prayer along with my own in frequency. Glad to get the good update so far. And yes, it makes sense about the tests and a plan of action. I pray they all come back normal and nothing further is needed. You just stay strong in Him hon. bighug

Q

Just got here and it looks like I'm taking the late shift. Praying that at this late hour in Colorado, your SM is resting as comfortably as they can make her. God, give her rest this nite. Give cookie's dad rest too...even if he's sitting up in a chair in her room...which I hope he's not. Supply the needs that are occuring even right this moment, Lord. You are so eager to have us turn to You and then thank You for the help and we're asking right now.

And I hope cookie is sleeping right now cuz it's REALLY late in Miami! ((((cookie)))

MtRider [going to bed and leaving it in God's care tonite]

Picking up the morning shift here...Praying for healing, rest, and peace for all of you...

Quiltys, when you talk about some of your conversations with the Lord, the first thought that comes to mind, is that intimacy with Him. I know exactly what you're talking about and because my heart really is bonded with Him as my Heavenly Father, I tend to just be me, and while always respectful (because He IS God yanno), I just hafta be honest and talk with Him, exactly what and how it is in my heart. He already knows anyway...

Heavenly Father,

I just wanna SWAT Cookie, grab her shoulders, sit her down in a chair, and remind her that You alone are God. And as she would glare at me, I'd probably just start blabbering about how great Your love really is, about how we really CAN trust You, about how You really DO want and desire for us to come to You with all things, good or bad...because in doing that, it is a form of acknowledgement from us, that we know You are the One True God, and we need You.

But, this is why You are God, cause I'm sure You'll handle calming her heart in a much holy and precious manner.

And this Father, is one of the reasons, why Your Church is so important. We cannot survive as islands alone...we need each other for support, covering each other in prayer before you. I wrote not too long ago about how I know that the lone cry in the wilderness touches Your heart, but how profound it must be for You to gaze on Your children gathering corporately together, with all our eyes raised towards the heavens, worshiping You, asking for Your help, intervention, mercy and grace because You truly are a loving and compassionate Father...

So anyway Father, thank You for the prayers that have been prayed so far. Thank You for Your faithfulness in hearing and answering those prayers. And thank You for using this as another opportunity to catch Cookie's attention in an attempt for her to learn that she can trust You...

Cover this entire family with Your mercy and grace in an eternal manner. This isn't just about her step mama being hurt and everyone being frantic and worrying...You have eternal purposes with this entire situation, because that is Your focus, so in the manner that only You are able to execute, may Your Spirit gently and lovingly lead them down this path that You have allowed in their lives.

Blanket them with Your peace and love...may they all experience that feeling of safety beneath the Shadow of Your Holy Wings. Lift their eyes off the situation and up towards You that they might truly know Your love. Bless her step mama with Your hand of healing, that she might recover quickly. May her daddy, in his heart of hearts, have Your perfect peace. And may this situation, that at first glance looks incredibly threatening and skerry, be an experience of walking hand in hand with the Holy Heavenly Father.

In Jesus Precious Name, and only because of Him can we run into the Throne room crying Abba Father,

Thank you all even Darlene for the SWAT...

Well, it is cancer too. They've moved her to onocology (sp?)and are doing a breast biopsy today to see the extent. Her cancer doc is a tough non-nonsense lady that is up to date on the latest procedures and very positive which is a blessing. Just KNOWING what's going on makes my SM stronger, if that makes sense?

Both sis and I got to talk to SM which was wonderful. She's stubborn too and says,"I'm alright, calm down." smile We're waiting to find out what she wants done and how. Meanwhile, we'll contact each other and work out when to go, what to do, etc. It's all a scary process. frown

My Aunt ratted my Dad out to my cousins and they showed up in mass and cleaned the house top to bottom. He and my SM had been covering up that things weren't getting done mad (I know, honor thy M & D and no bellowing after the fact BUT-"The generation of self-determination" and "We're fine." can make a daughter crazy!).

I'm a wee bit stressed out, forgive me. I forgot to ask Darlene to have others cover my areas. I've been playing telephone central to the family on top of my busiest workload. (Not a whine just matter-of-fact).

Have I told you I love and thank you guys? When I can't sleep, I slip out here and reread the prayers. I take great solace from the words of encouragement and I'm not even the injured party!

I do believe the coating of prayers IS working wonders for my SM, I really do.

But this turning things over is a toughy. I've been a self-will type for so long and now waiting for guidence is humbling...

I know God has a plan I just hate to see the suffering. I know I know...grand design and all...

sigh. Your right, swat me again Darlene crazy

How bout I stick with,"Thank you?" with my whole heart.AND I think I'll sit down and do a gratitude list to God.

Let's start with my SM has hope and a rallying family? That I have great friends out here who keep the prayers going?

Thank you

cookie

{{{Cookie}}} You and your family are still in our prayers here...

Hang in there lady.

Amen to Darlene's prayer...that was beautiful.

(((((cookie))))) Well now you know what it is and there is a plan of attack against it being formed. Sounds like your family is gathering in honor of your SM and dad and doing their best to help out, including yourself. Yes, it's hard not to worry, especially when you aren't there and can't see with both eyes exactly what is going on and being done or not done, but that's where you are going to just have to give in and TRUST that God is big enough to handle this girl! You have to let go of some of that worry and give it to Him...trust me, if He is big enough and tough enough to make the universe, He can help you handle this too lol! Now get some rest, you need it and we will keep the prayers going here. Remember to update us when you can. bighug

Q

Amen to Darlene's pray and here is a swat from me frypan

bighug

Cookie, I think women (mom's especially) have a tough time letting go and letting God. It comes from years of being the one kissing the boo-boos, putting Barbie's and GI's arms and legs back on and fixing the cable to the Tonka's drag line. We begin to believe that we can handle anything. We are masters of control, we have organized our family's lives (getting everyone up and out in the mornings, do our job whether it is a stay at home mom or a working outside the home mom, dance lessons, karate lessons, sport practices, homework dinner all before we fall into bed at midnight only to get up and do the same thing the next day) for so long that when something comes along that we can not touch like your SM cancer, Quilty's gs Cage and Westie cancer. We can't fix those so we go in to what I like to call "panic" mode and stress out AND FORGETTING WHO REALLY IS IN CONTROL. ((((((((((Cookie)))))))))) it will all be ok.

Archived