MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What did you can today?

I finished my BBQ sauce, and made a gallon of root beer to try. Im working on beans today/tonight. Just wondering what exactly is green tomato juice from the above post?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wax beans picked half a bushel today and canned them

froze several quarts of broccoli that all ripened at once! I can grow broccoli really well for some reason, despite the cabbage worms I had to outsmart. (well okay I picked them off the plants)

peach/redpepper barbecue sauce! Yum..new recipe from the Ball Blue Book Complete Book of Home canning 1 batch--

tomatoes.. coop farm gave me an entire bag of canning tomatoes when I went there today. I will get to those first thing in the morning along with the box of peaches remaining after the barbecue sauce.

I also picked more blueberries and canned them in half pint jars for use in muffins or as syrup.

This weekend 25 pints of green beans, 1 pint of dehydrated green beans, and am looking at 5 pounds of Anaheim peppers thinking dehyrator, stringing, and canning some. We don't use many pickled peppers.

Dora

peaches,

peach barbecue sauce,

peach jam

peach fruit leather in dehydrator..started at 5 this morning..it's 10:25..one more canner load to go and I'm now SICK of looking at peaches!

Gotta go clean the kitchen floor after this, too....

I made 2 ice cream buckets worth of dill pickles with onions and garlic. And a guy my mom knows gave us 2 bushels of beets. 13 pints done and only a zillion more to do. I have a feeling I will be dreaming about beets tonight. LOL.

DH helped me prepare the peaches, and I canned 10 quarts and 1 pint. Tomorrow, I have a box of tomatoes that I'm going to turn into spaghetti meat sauce, and will can it.

I canned one half gallon jar and three quart jars of fresh apple juice.

"Leasmon, what is green tomato juice?? "-Virginia.

I cooked the green tomato relish-green tomatoes, green peppers, hot peppers, and onions in a simple syrup and so I drained it. It was green, spicy and still good, so I froze it to use in enchilada's one day, thickened up.

Archived