MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Heading for CA...anyone want to meet somewhere for coffee?

Dee

Dh and I are leaving Iowa tomorrow morning or Friday and heading to San Francisco. We'll probably not take the Interstate going out but travel highways and byways. Is anyone on that route that would like to meet for coffee somewhere along the way?

At this point I'm thinking we'll go up north and come down through Oregon and Washington. Coming home we'll probably take I-80 straight through.

I'm taking my computer so if you want to meet just let me know when and where and if we're in the area it could be fun. You can PM me or put it here, whatever works for you.

Do you know for sure when you'll be in CA? I'll happily supply the coffee, but I have a weird work schedule next week . . .

I'll PM you the details.

Here's a couple of websites you might like to check out if you plan on traveling through the Sacramento area. With the big Fix I5 project, sometimes lanes are closed and you have to detour. The other is site is not just for the Sac area, but you can also pick other metro areas from their list.

Wishing you an enjoyable and safe trip.

http://www.fixi5.com/

http://www.sigalert.com/

We really should go to LA, have lots of family there, but I absolutly hate the traffic. I left 40 years ago just because of so many people and traffic and it's only gotten worse over the years.

I lived in the San Gabriel Valley (Rosemead) and it would be the perfect place to live if there were about 15 million less people. Where I grew up we were 1/2 hour from the mountains, 1/2 hour from the beach, and hour from the desert. Wonderful place but as I said........

Right now we're in Huron, SD spending the night. Tomorrow we're going on east and north up through a couple of Indian Reservations and then in to ND and on west.

Andrea, I'll keep your schedule in mind and IF we get in your area on Wed., which we very well could, I'll give you a call!

Hi Dee,

If you come home on I-80 you will be within 3 miles of me so you have to stop for coffee or lemonade. I'm not working so I'm here everyday. I don't have any email right now but Cat knows my phone number. Maybe she could post it in the bunker. Call me from Nevada. From Wendover, you're about 1 1/2 hours from me.

Oh my gosh Mare, what fun to meet you finally!!! If all goes as planned, which often doesn't happen, we should be in your neck of the woods a week from Tues or Wed. I can only hope!!!

I haven't been to the bunker yet to see about your phone number but I'm on my way and as you no doubt know, mine is already posted there.

Oh my but I hope it works out!!! bighug

Tonight we're in Miles City, Montana.

Dee, I'm off I80....it goes right through the middle of our city. I'd love to meet somewhere for coffee. I work, but I'll pm you the details and maybe we could meet up.

I've responded to your pm dogmom4. I do hope it works out, it would be fun to meet you!!!

Update here, we should be in Kalispel, MT tonight but changed our minds and we're in Pocatello, ID. It's just the way we do things!!! eek

Dee when you come through utah on 80 let me know and i will drive up to meet you it is about a 20 min. drive to the truckstops off exit 99 from my place ,

Mare glad to see you hope you are well.

Hey Pauline, didn't mean to ignore you but the last couple of nights in motels the internet service was BAD. There simply wasn't service. I did get a post made last night here at Mrs. S. but that was it.

I'd gotten a pm from Mare wondering about you and I think she's going to give you a call to come over and we can all get together and chat up a storm. Fun!!! Hope you can make it!!!!

Tonight we're in Gilroy, CA, the garlic capital of the world.

OOOH! Are you gonna try that *famous* garlic ice cream????

DarleneSwoon

I just saw this... I hope you have Mare's number by now. I've been kinda wiped out lately. ashamed

I've heard Dee is in a motel in Elko, Nevada. She's on her way home and hoping to meet up with Mare and Pauline tomorrow. However, she's had some kind of pukiness today and not sure Mare and Pauline will want to see her. frown

I can't blame them if they don't want to be around me but won't that be the pits!!! frown

Dee sorry you wasn't able to make it wish i had known i would have met you at the flying j and showed you how to get over to mares but i got there as you let her know you wouldn't make it this time hopefully you will be out this way again and we can try again smile

I was so sorry to miss you both too but we couldn't find her house. I guess Ron thought we got off coming from Salt Lake City instead of from the west so when I called things got mixed up. I left a message on her phone and we went and gassed up the car and fooled around for about 20 mins. Dh started getting grouchy saying we needed to get back on the road still having more than 1,000 miles to go. We were only about 5 miles away by the time she called but there was NO WAY he was turning back. You know men!!!

We got home about 6:00 this evening and it's so nice to be home after almost 2 weeks.

Archived