MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Red Flags for a Looming Crisis - PART 6

On www.walmart.com, you can search for Mtn House foods in pouches. They have them on closeout. If you order them, no shipping if you p/u @ local store. They are selling out and not getting any more.

Their Mtn House 72 hr kit with 3 meals per day + side dishes was $30, regularly $40 or $45. We ordered some.

Hey Guys...haven't been on here much lately but I just came across this article on wnd.com and thought I'd share. Things are really tight with us financially since we have been so irresponsible financially. (Trying to keep up with the Joneses!!)With this and the threats from Russia....I'm really uneasy..

With the Hurricane coming through we went into plan/action mode and saw where we were lacking. So it has been helpful. Husband started organizing and categorizing everything from guns/ammo to batteries, radios, gas cans and anything else of use while I worked on organizing closets and food. We are supposed to get the worst of the storm tonight...but doesn't look like it will be as bad for us as it was in Katrina.

If this article has already been put on here please accept my apologies. Haven't had time to really read over site for a while.

melissa

Dutch intel: US to strike Iran in coming weeks

Sep. 1, 2008

JPost.com Staff , THE JERUSALEM POST

The Dutch intelligence service, the AIVD, has called off an operation aimed at infiltrating and sabotaging Iran's weapons industry due to an assessment that a US attack on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program is imminent, according to a report in the country's De Telegraaf newspaper on Friday.

The report claimed that the Dutch operation had been "extremely successful," and had been stopped because the US military was planning to hit targets that were "connected with the Dutch espionage action."

The impending air-strike on Iran was to be carried out by unmanned aircraft "within weeks," the report claimed, quoting "well placed" sources.

The Jerusalem Post could not confirm the De Telegraaf report.

According to the report, information gleaned from the AIVD's operation in Iran has provided several of the targets that are to be attacked in the strike, including "parts for missiles and launching equipment."

"Information from the AIVD operation has been shared in recent years with the CIA," the report said.

On Saturday, Iran's Deputy Chief of Staff General Masoud Jazayeri warned that should the United States or Israel attack Iran, it would be the start of another World War.

On Friday, Ma'ariv reported that Israel had made a strategic decision to deny Iran military nuclear capability and would not hesitate "to take whatever means necessary" to prevent Teheran from achieving its nuclear goals.

According to the report, whether the United States and Western countries succeed in thwarting the Islamic Republic's nuclear ambitions diplomatically, through sanctions, or whether a US strike on Iran is eventually decided upon, Jerusalem has begun preparing for a separate, independent military strike.

DNC- the psychos you mention, and the pound of cyanide that the foreign man had in the hotel room and accidentally killed himself with the week before the convention.

School- I haven't seen any mainstream news on it, but I heard it from a friend in law enforcement in the city in TX where it happened.

C4C, could you post a direct link? I've tried searching several different ways and nothing comes up.

Ok, before we panic about the news report in the Jerusalem post, please read it again. It is confusing. It sounds like the post is reporting on a report in the Dutch papers, but then wouldn't confirm that.

Please bear in mind that it is highly unlikely that the Dutch would publicize something like that to begin with, as it involves their secret service AND bear in mind that the Israeli government uses the Jerusalem post for disinformation.

I'm a former news reporter whose instincts were usually on the money. This report "smells funny" to me. It is confusing. Is the Jerusalem paper reporting on a report in the Dutch paper? And why won't they confirm it. Remember, the purpose of disinformation is to be confusing. Only time and unfolding events will show whether I'm right on this one.

Yet, on the chance this is true, all of us who prep (who should be ready for anything anyway) need to fill all holes we can as soon as we can.)

yep, get the potassium iodide tablets! ( those last years in storage), but good to have just in case. and anything else for preps. Water!

Thank you, Judy. That was my gut instinct reaction to the article, but it's good to hear from someone who knows how this stuff works.

No it really was reported in Dutch papers....

Quote:
A few days ago, the biggest newspaper in Holland had a *huge* big-letter headline (practically took up the entire front-page, lol) about this:

A member of the AIVD (the Dutch CIA) has been pulled out of Iran because of impending USA attacks in a few weeks on that country.

The AIVD was apperently ----ed off about this because the undercover operation was going really well and now they had to 'sacrifice' the cover of that agent.

The interesting part is that the reactions from Dutch officials to this news have mostly been to attack the messenger; in other words; to attack the newspaper for printing the story and the source for coming forward with the news.

They did deny that the story was true, but it was worded in a way that could be interpreted in many ways, it wasn't a clear 'yes or no' answer.

It's been a pretty big newsstory over here, but I haven't posted it because it's all in Dutch. :-)

But now, I found some English-language links to the story.

http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5544

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3464943

http://current.com/items/89257232_du...n_coming_weeks

The original Dutch story is here:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/1...t__.html?p=9,1

With this post, I do have to note that even though it's our biggest newspaper, the Telegraaf is a bit of a 'sensationalist' paper.

They will always choose the most eye-catching angle of a story and sometimes enlarge things so the stories aren't always well-balanced.

On the OTHER hand, the journalist who broke this news, Joost de Haas, is well-known for his contacts within the AIVD. He broke a story about corruption inside that agency a few years ago. It was a huge scandal, people were fired, and the reporter himself was jailed for a little while because he refused to name his source within the AIVD.

A judge finally decided that he didn't have to reveal him/her because it was... Don't know the word in English, 'protection of press'.

Either way, that source could still be in that agency & the way the AIVD went after the reporter back then (wiretapping, throwing him in jail etc, etc) could mean that he definitely hit a nerve with them. So this story could very well be true or at least a possible option in the future.

What do you guys think about this? I personally think it would be a HUGE mistake for anyone (not just the USA) to purposely attack any other country at this point. But then again, what seems like common sense to me is not always what the 'leaders' *cough* actually DO.

Yes..saw that it was really reported in the Dutch papers. But the Israeli papers didn't verify it. And, you have to ask why the Dutch secret service would leak this info?

Story still smells to me. Even if the reporter has reliable sources in the government agency, the source inside could be using the reporter for disinformation purposes. A reporter is as good as his sources--but sometimes it is impossible to verify the information gotten from them. How, for example, would the Dutch reporter be able to know IF the secret service really had recalled operatives for that reason? See? It's a one-source story. All the other people reporting it are quoting that one-source story.

So you have to read a story like this and decide, how should I react?

My reaction is I'm glad I have my Long-term supplies, fallout shelter preps, and other SHTF preps. But, I'm not going to take the story as truth....just yet.

I'm hoping it is just more saber rattling.

It is starting to feel like time for another shoe to drop. I hope its a baby shoe, not something near the size my 16yo son wears.

I think this might be a good thing, though not for me because I wanted to order the book.

The University of Georgia is out of it's preserving book "So Easy to Preserve". The following is up on their web site:

"Due to very high demand this year, this book is temporarily out of stock until the end of September."

Scary, Tracie. But LOVE them... got the best presents there for Xmas this past year. DH's favorite shirt ever - Han Shot First - came from them. Scary that they are seeing the trend also.

Bruce's favorite shirts come from there too: "Do Not Expose to Direct Sunlight" or (Front)"Schroedinger's Cat is Dead"/(Back)"Shroedinger's Cat is Not Dead"

busted

Ok, that Dutch paper that reported the 'coming attack on Irans nuke equipment and materials' is considered the equal of America's National Equirer ( sp), according to Dutch friends of my best friend in Pheonix. She often spends her vacations in Holland and knows quite a few folks there and meets more all the time. Its something like The Telegraph, in Dutch, the name of the paper.

So I had my friend put out a query to her Dutch friends, and a male friend told her this about the paper.

So, considering that nothing is worth the paper its written on in our Enquirer, consider same for the Telegraph in Holland.

If anyone has different info on their paper, join in the discussion please.

(sorry about misspelling the word... )

A local grocery store has just put in one aisle of large #10 cans and foods packaged for long term shelf life. I asked if this was somehting temporary, and they said as long as they could get it, it would be available to the public.

A lot of this is like stuff you could order from survival type websites, like #10 cans of potatoe flakes and brown gravy powder in 5 year packages.

Wow, Arby. Thanks for doing the research. International research, even. clap It is SO hard to get reliable data these days.

MtRider

It helps to have a friend whose nuts about Holland for some reason. Actually I finally did get the email her friend Michael sent her, he added that the paper in Israel that was forwarding the article ( was that the case? ) was pretty much valid, but I don't know. I just have this wait and see attitude now.

Heck, there are so many big things that could take place, I am just glad folks here and with other venues are prepping for just about anything! ( Even a caseworker I know who is in her mid twenties echoed the same things to me today : I was shocked! ).

Originally Posted By: dogmom4
C4C, could you post a direct link? I've tried searching several different ways and nothing comes up.

Sorry, I just realized there was a comma...

try this