MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's for dinner? part 3

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a nice surprise tonight for supper the kids made a bunch of Japanese food. I can't say I've ever eaten Japanese before. DD ordered a Manga Cookbook from the library. They made some sticky rice, some Naruto rolls which are ham and cheese roll ups, and some rice and veggie rolls wrapped in ham. When all was said and done it was really YUMMY.

Corned beef and cabbage, carrots, onions, broccoli, and potatoes. Frosted cookies for dessert.

Hash and eggs tomorrow.

We had chili. Oh man, am I regreting that today.

canned stuff. with cheddar cheese, and chips...stale chips.

We have really bad chill factors here so tonight we are roasting hot dogs in the fireplace insert, having cole slaw, and chips. In short, we are having summer food!!

Angela, if the chips get stale, you can revive them by roasting them in an oven for a few minutes. I've done this!

We tried something new tonight, Fried Green Beans.

I had some at a 'fancy' restaurant about a year ago and tried my hand at making them tonight, they went over well.

Of course I took a perfectly healthy food item and made it 'bad'. Shameful! ashamed but tasty yumyum

Um...

well...

ahem...

(whispering) cookies :sEm_blush:

grilled chicken

Rice

broccoli

all made by a protesting son.

laugh

I had 12 1/2 dozen. There's still a little over 4 dozen left. Lemon Cake Mix cookies, and sugar cookies w/kisses.

HippieDad took the half the lemon to Sunday School; and all the jam ones, and the pecan ones to the meals on wheels tonight.

They do like to see him show up! LOL

I spent most of the afternoon making my oven-baked pot roast. Usually when the meat is a chuck "steak", I use the crock pot or stove top. But this chuck roast was thicker and oblong, so I did it in the oven.

I'd forgotten how the oven makes it so tasty! yumyum DD said it had too many parsnips, but since I don't always use them, it was good to me! I get tired of just potatoes, carrots, and onions.

Then DD and I put together a huge apple crisp, and popped it in when the pot roast was done.

Yanno, some days it's just too good!!!!!

star

Are ya makin' beef-n-noodles tomarrow? grin Chuck roast makes the yummiest beef-n-noodles.

Boy those parsnips sound good, too. Haven't had any since last spring. I froze some dandelion greens and some bags of chopped parsnips...might have to get out some side pork and toss it all together for dinner tomarrow. yumyum

Originally Posted By: Stephanie
I guess the fried green beans went over fairly well, the kids were asking for more today. I dipped them in pancake batter and then they dipped them in a ranch dip I made.

The restaurant uptown here makes deep fried green beans. They dip them in egg-milk and them shake in a dry batter and deep fry. yumyum We call the sauce they make to dip them in "Wanasabi" sauce. LOL It has cayenne pepper in it, but one of the gals said it had a wasabi taste, so we all said it was a wanna-be wasabi, but *somehow* ( bevwhistling ) it got shortened to 'Wanasabi'. rofl

I pan fry them in butter or bacon grease with mushrooms. DBF likes them with onions, too. feedme

I love it Necie! goodone I made the wanasabi sauce myself, perfect name.

Tonight I made dh's favorite chicken casserole. simple and tasty ! feedme

I don't have exact measurements, I don't cook that way very much. You can make the quantities to fit your family.

Ritzy Chicken

Pull de-boned, cooked chicken breasts apart with forks so that it is shredded. Then put this in the bottom of a casserole dish. Make sure that the chicken covers the bottom of your dish in a nice thick layer.

Mix together a can of cream of chiken soup and sour cream (equal parts) Pour this over the shredded chicken, covering completely. Do NOT stir.

Crush a sleeve of Ritz cracker (or less if your making a small casserole) and sprinkle liberally over the sour cream mixture.

Top with a few pats of butter evenly place and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Until bubbly and nicely browned on the top.

My, my, my...you'll wish you made a bigger dish! yumyum

Archived