MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Looking for a KA attachment

Im looking for a KA grain mill attachment. I know it is a long shot, but I figured Id ask. WIlling to trade or pay, let me know, we are getting ready to harvest the wheat.

Buggs

The people who have these are usually unwilling to part with them. I bought mine for $90 at a local store. Sometimes if you watch the sales, you can use a 20% coupon, but I've not seen one lower than that. I love it. smile

I have one, don't need it. It's been used a couple times, but looks absolutely brand new.

I haven't used it (bought it from a friend) because I was gifted a big one, but you should know that the gal I bought it from replaced hers with a Whisper Mill because it drove her crazy having to mill multiple times to get a true fine flour, and it makes a lot of dust.

Let me know if you are still interested and what you might have to offer (trade or cash), I'd be glad to regain the cupboard space.

It is for the KA mixer??? It has a little wheel on the front to adjust how coarse or fine you want the end result? Send me a PM and let me know what you were thinking??? I have no idea what you are looking for for trade or cash.

It's for the Kitchenaid mixer. I don't need it because as soon as I bought it from my friend, someone else gave me a huge vintage heavy duty model that is fully enclosed. I decided I'd keep it as a backup, but don't think my other one is capable of dying, it's built like a tank.

I can test it for you if you'd like. My friend grinds flour daily, and hated it, she didn't think it got fine enough without multiple grindings and went ahead and got the whispermill to save time and reduce dust. Also, you have to let the motor cool between grindings or it overheats and will ruin the motor. Figure twice as long resting as the instructions call for, and 1/2 the run time between having to let the motor cool.

It's got a little button at the front and is exactly like the kind I just looked at on ebay under Kitchenaid Grain Mill. Let me see if I can find my camera and get a picture of it, but I have no idea how to post pics, so I'll need to send them to an addy.

I'd like to get around $65.00 for it. I'd be interested in trading too. I am currently looking for: Kerosene cook stove (double or triple burner), I can get replacement parts for the older ones. Abeka 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th grade workbooks and tests. Rod and Staff English books for 6th, 7th, 8th. Solar battery charger. Personal Katadyn filter bottles or full size ceramic filters. I can't think of anything else, but I'm open to suggestions if you have other stuff to trade.

Feel free to message me privately if you'd like.

Keep an eye on the Kitchenaid outlet web sight http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/sub_category...tletrefurb&. Right now, as I type, a mixing bowl with a handle is on sale for 19 + shipping, still cheaper than the 49 for a new one. Something to keep in mind......

I found my Stand Mixer there, at somewhat of lower price:

I found my Grain Mill attachment http://www.thefind.com/ Just type in your item, and it searches hundred of stores for you, then just search for the lowest price ( and especially for lowers shipping & or FREE shipping) . I have used "The Find" to find many items not local to our area stores.

P.S. the Whisper Mill, or the K teck, both great mills, go for about 250 dollars are light weight, easy to use and make a powdery flour. The KA makes a gritty flour: I like the KA mill results but I LOVE a hearty bread. . . .

I also always keep an eye out for good used, reasonably priced items........ I find many things bu typing "______ used" into GOOGLE, and whalla, I do often find what Im looking for.

Try local auctions, estates are being liquidated all the time!

• 1 month later...