MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

10 days have come and gone

mommato3boys

I can't believe it our 10 days are up with baby boy already. mecry We are taking him to Camp LeJeune in the morning at 9:00 and won't see him for another 10 weeks, he has ACT and MOS training. At least it will be cooler this 10 weeks than the last 13 weeks.

So please keep Nick in your prayers. We are keeping our fingers cross that his reserve unit doesn't get called up and he can start college in January.

• 4 weeks later...

He's gonna be fine, he's gonna be with his "Band of brothers" and building something he will carry all his life and much better then a tatoo... OH, you didn't know about that huh?? yep big ol bulldog on his upper arm... grin...just joking, I never got one, most don't..

There now ya got something to worry about...

OORHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Originally Posted By: Trip
He's gonna be fine, he's gonna be with his "Band of brothers" and building something he will carry all his life and much better then a tatoo... OH, you didn't know about that huh?? yep big ol bulldog on his upper arm... grin...just joking, I never got one, most don't..

OORHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Trip the tatoo don't bother me... his dad has one on his arm. He is getting one after all the training is over. He couldn't get one while home because it would not have time to heal before he spent 3 weeks in the field so he decided that would be his 19th b'day present to himself. I just hope it is the shoulder and not the whole back.

We haven't heard from him in two weeks so I am taking it as he is still alive. I learned with ds#1 that no news is good news. That means they are still alive. Miss the little turd be I know he is following his heart and enjoying what he is doing. He will be home soon enough.

Hubby's tat

Paulstat.jpg

Yea.... Mommato3boys, I found out the locales of my sons half brothers, well areas anyway. Twin Brother 1 is training Iraqi police but is with some Navy Seals, he is a marine.

Twin Brother 2 is actually up in Alaska thankfully, guess the Coast Guard decided to put him some place supposedly safer.

DS of mine's fiance is waiting to go to a Navy Ship in the Persian Gulf for just one rotation. She is a marine too.

My son just flew to South Korea yesterday to start his first overseas pipeline job with his civvie company from Camp Lejeune area. I have got to call DS fiance and see if he finally got there. I am glad he is working with veterans, one a well rounded AF veteran, and one a retired Navy Chief both with war experience. Makes me feel better, lol, even if it is just South Korea for about five weeks. They are experienced well with the work and the various country's so that also makes me feel better, as they will know whats polite these days.

So, as well as for all the young men, the husbands and brothers, daughters, sisters and mothers and friends of each here who have family or friends serving today, you are always in my prayers.

Well baby boy graduates from shooting school today well he graduated at 9:00a this morning. He called us Sunday to tell us and said we could come down if we wanted to but he would only have 15 minutes with us if that so he really didn't want us to make the trip. But I did get a phone call at 8:15 this morning from him.

Yes Trip he dropped the pin and threw the grenade and he liked the BIG boom booms.

He will get a 96 hour pass for Thanksgiving but his MOS school will be 11 weeks instead of 9 weeks like he thought. The reason being they don't train on the weekends. So now he won't be home until his birthday. But he will be home for Christmas clap

Hopefully he can get permission to travel to B'ham with us at Thanksgiving (he has to get special permission since it is outside the 450 mile ratios) if not I guess I will go by myself and leave hubby home with the guys.

Man oh man they grow up way to fast. I must have stepped through a rip in time somewhere or another because he was just a baby last week

Picture is from BASIC training family day, it was the first hug in 13 weeks for mom (yep I was bawling like a baby)

IMG_0206.jpg

Awwww, cool pic!! good looking young man, I know your proud!! funny looking at him knowing he wants to be moms boy but trying to look like he's too grown up for that stuff...

All my best wish's and prayers for him and all the others...

I was looking a a few old pix of me way back then, couldn't hardly tell it was me...eyes and mouth give it away.. god we were so young..just babies, I was 16 one day then 17 and shortly a Marine..to fast...way to fast...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Trip

OORHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WEll Trip it wasn't the bulldog yet! and it wasn't on his upper arm DarleneSwoon

Sitting One...
Nickstat.jpg

Sitting two is in two weeks, that will be to add the color and the words "From the Ashes We are Reborn"

What is it with tats? I dont' like needles so I can't see sitting for hours being poked to death by a needle mecry I am a big baby.

We are here at our DD #2's at Quantico,Va. DSIL is active duty Marine, and he is reading "First to Fight" by Victor H. Krulak, Lt.Gen USMC,retired. I started reading it and it seems very interesting. You may want to find it and read it.

Since I'm not a fan of needles, I'll pass on tatoo. lol

Archived