MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What are you canning today?? part 3

RNMOM

I love looking through the canning posts. I hope it's OK that I started a part three. I am curious to know what you hard core canners are still up to.

I made some ham and bean soup to can today. So easy!

1/2 C navy beans

1/3 C cubed ham

1T onion chopped

1T celery chopped

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Fill quart jar with water and pressure can for an hour and 15 minutes at 15 pounds of pressure for my altitude.

First 7 jars have just finished sealing. Next 7 are in the pressure canner.

Tomorrow I'm out to pick some ripe tomatoes and make more salsa and start up a batch of spaghetti sauce. I can't get enough of that stuff.

Has anyone ever made your own pork and beans? I think I'll try that one of these days....when I get done with the peaches, applesauce, apple pie filling........

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I canned 23 quarts, 1 pint of apple pie filling...Now instead of 10 bushels of apples, I only have 9 and 1/4 bushels and 10 more bushels coming on Wednesday....OHHHHH!!!! Thank goodness for those little apple peeler thingies....I bought a second one, so two can peel.

Yesterday I canned 8 half-pints of Salsa Verde and the day before I canned 12 half-pints (plus two four ounce jars) of House Salsa.

I had to take it real slow, and sit down for the chopping and peeling, but I could not let the last of our garden produce go to waste!

Archived