MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need advise on mills

Bealadybug

I am looking for what most people have used and have liked with a grain mill. My husband and I have decided that it would be better to find one that you hand crank in case of power shortages. Can anyone here recommend a good brand? I am pretty rough on stuff so plastic stuff won't last. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Buggs

That is really nice. It is exactly what we are looking for, but a little out of the price range right htis minute. I have book marked the page so that when funds are available we can get it.

Thanks

Buggs

I've ordered a Golden Grain Mill, with the optional manual handle. Should get it first of the month. http://www.nutritionlifestyles.com/gold.htm . My friend at the Mennonite bulk store has used hers for family use and the store for 10 or 15 years, I can't remember. She showed me how to use it, and even ground different grains, to show me how well it did. Awesome! I asked her if she'd ever used the manual handle to grind grain, and she said, "Absolutely....NOT!" happy02 So I don't have first hand advice on that end! smile

Blessings,

Trisha

Thanks Arby, WG, and H6,

I will be doing my research before investing, as I hope that this will be something that we only buy once. Thanks for the websites and the info. You are helping me to make a wise decision.

Buggs