MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Would you please pray for my son?

PoGo

My son is having some trouble with his foot.

Back in April, his foot was extremely swollen and bright red. My husband and I convinced our son to go to the doctor to have his foot checked out. The doc thought perhaps he had some kind of infection.

He was given a shot of antibiotics, put on oral antibiotics, and told to return the next day for another shot.

Follow up a week later, still swollen, but redness gone. Oral antibiotics were continued for another round, and he was told to wear a compression stocking.

Here it is 5 months later, and his foot is still swollen. My son has had blood work done, an x-ray, an ultrasound, and an MRI. The doctors can find nothing wrong.

The doc wants my son to be seen by an endocrinologist, which he hasn’t done as of yet. I don’t think he’s going to. (Stubborn males!)

Would y’all please pray for healing of my son’s foot?

My son remains active, working and playing as teenagers will, but, having a body part swollen like that for so long, just cannot be good.

I'll be praying for your son's foot as well as his strong will if he refuses to see the Dr. I have one of those male teenage animals and I understand completely. He has a knot on the back of his head the Dr wants him to have removed and he is really kicking up a fight about it. Please keep us posted about the progress....Is there a soar of anykind?

Heavenly Father,

Nothing strikes at ones heart than to see one of our children hurting, so I stand in agreement with PoGo and the rest with the prayers that are being prayed over her son...

I remember when my son was facing his own threats and how much it meant to me to know that others were praying for him, regardless of whether they knew him or not...and I not only remember but still to this day know, that You were faithful to all the prayers prayed over him...just like You will be here.

Uncover the root of this issue with his foot...open the doctors eyes that they might see with Your clarity and understanding. Give them Your holy knowledge that they might treat this issue properly and end it's threat on his body.

And Father, send Your Holy Spirit to minister to this family...giving them Your peace where there is fear and concern because You have promised us Your peace. Use this circumstance to remind them that Your eye is upon every detail that goes on in their lives, because You loved them long before they ever knew You.

Trusting You, because I love You.

In Jesus Name,

Originally Posted By: Darlene
Heavenly Father,

I remember when my son was facing his own threats and how much it meant to me to know that others were praying for him, regardless of whether they knew him or not...and I not only remember but still to this day know, that You were faithful to all the prayers prayed over him...just like You will be here.

Amen.

I have prayed for your son, and will continue to do so as he comes to mind. Please update us as soon as you know something.

Keeping your son in our prayers here. We know how worrisome "not knowing" can be.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to thank all of you, once again, for your prayers and good wishes. It means a lot to me.

Granny, thank you for asking. I'll update as soon as I have one.

My son is out of town, but should be home this weekend.

My son's foot is still swollen. He still hasn't been seen by an endocrinologist.

I'm gonna "pull rank", (Mom!) find a doctor for him, and tell him he "has" to go see the doc.

Your continued prayers and good wishes are appreciated.