MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers please - things are moving job wise

SueC

As many of you know, I have been having problems at work. This weekend I put my details on a job site. And this morning I got an enquiry whistling and I really dont know what to think. The job would mean moving - again, another 3.5 hours south, which would put us further away from all our girls. But it would put us in the same town as my parents. I told my parents that IF we moved it would have to be God thing. I sort of wasn't sure what to think about applying for work else where, and now I have, and I am scared. DH is still in Canada, he wont be home for another 10 days.

Hmm "Hi Honey Welcome home we are moving!" eek

Please pray that if it is God's will for us to move that everything will come together, housing is more expensive there, so I would need a higher salary, our lease here goes until 8th January, the cost of moving ... I am sure many of you can understand where I am at.

Thanks ladies

And yes Cookie - I also think we are being moved south in increments. DH would never have looked at that town 18 months ago, but now he is ok about it. I would never have looked, but work is uncomfortable enough to consider it ...

I remember as a child a story that basically said something like this:

God wont force you to go, but He will make things uncomfortable where you are so that you want to go! The illustration was a child in a garden not wanting to leave the pretty garden and a hornet chasing the child out of the garden to a better place.

What a difference a day makes ... Today we were informed that the local partner has resigned and is purchasing the practice. This puts me out in limbo because I dont actually work for this office. If the office is sold then there is a strong possibility that the audit side of things will be externally prepared and I probably dont have work after December 31. And I feel great!!!!!

So please keep praying for wisdom as I seriously consider new work.

Do you think God is moving me??

Originally Posted By: SueC
What a difference a day makes ... Today we were informed that the local partner has resigned and is purchasing the practice. This puts me out in limbo because I dont actually work for this office. If the office is sold then there is a strong possibility that the audit side of things will be externally prepared and I probably dont have work after December 31. And I feel great!!!!!

So please keep praying for wisdom as I seriously consider new work.

Do you think God is moving me??

Ya think, chica?? rofl

bighug Still more praying

bounce

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

Oh SueC, I do think you are being given directions from God. You know, He does things when we least expect it. smile God works in mysterious ways.

I will be Prayingforyoumyfriend-1.jpg

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For those who were wondering - we still dont know anything, I am looking for work and I feel great about it all!

And everything will happen around Christmas. To add to the mix DH has surgery on Friday 28th (OK Thursday 27th for you lot!) and he will be out of action if we have to move. (He is having a hammer toe broken, scraped and pinned)

Dont you just love change!

praying I've missed this post until now too. It is wonderful. God does seem to be opening and closing those windows for you. Just continue to follow your instincts and keep faith. It'll all work itself out. Lots of prayers going up for you.

Thanks for your prayers, I really know thatthe peace i have comes from God.

Yesterday (Friday) I had an interview with the CEO. I have been offered a transfer to Armidale, to join the team that I sort of belong to anyway. There will be a little (very little) assistance in moving. And I will still be working with the partner that told me I lie. I am not comfortable with the idea. But if it is all that there is, I would go.

On Thursday I had an email offering me an interview in a costal town about 3.5 hours south east of here.

http://www.coffscoast.com.au/

I have arranged for the interview on Saturday 6th 9.30am (Or your Friday 5th!). I feel good about it, I dont think they would ask me to travel down if they didn't think they had an opening.

I now know we are moving, it will be over Christmas (again - no Christmas tree) I just would prefer to move to a place of my choice.

Now the interesting thing about all of this. I had been reading the thread about a hairbrush (Streams in the desert) and really noticed that we just need to ask. So often we would like but we dont actually ask. DH and I prayed Wednesday night for direction etc and some other things in our lives. Thursday morning I got the email about another job. God is so much bigger than we can ever fathom. And we just need to learn to ask!

• 2 weeks later...

thanksbananadancingwoohoo

See I figured with all the celebrations at the top of the page you will know ......

I got the job at the coast!!! Start the new job on January 19th.

now to start packing ... help

Archived