MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mare

Saying hello.....and thanks

Hello to all of my friends here and the people who have joined in my absence. Mrs. S is growing so fast! Thank you to Cat and Darlen who helped me get my account re-activated, and a heartfelt thanks to Darlene for praying with me over the phone last Monday. My Mom made it through surgery and is doing very well. She will come home probably next Friday, and I go back into the hospital on Monday.

2008 has been a wonderful year in so many ways. Monday will be my final, and third surgery of the year. I've lost a lot of weight and had my left knee replaced. On Monday I'm having my right knee replaced. The transformation in my attitude, and outlook on life has been dramatic. A year ago I had no desire to live, and today, I have so much to look forward to. For me, life began at 50! I have not worked since May 08 and have so enjoyed having some time to spend with my Mom, as I have recovered. I have learned about Faith this year, and re-discovered my spirituality. I know little and have much to learn, but I am on the right track.

Our preps have been invaluable this year while I've been unemployed. When I return to work I'll have much to do to replenish the shelves, and I'll have functioning legs to carry me through experiences and challenges that I have not been able to do for 30 years.

In the spring I will begin riding horses again, and Caveman and I are planning a trip to the Oregon coast next fall to walk on the beach, hand in hand, and also do some crab fishing. Our marriage has blossomed with the new me, and I have so much be thankful for. I have some other changes in mind for the future too, but am stilling working on them in my head. Life is great!

I am going to check to see if the hospital has Internet service for patients, and if so, will take Cavey's laptop so I can keep in touch.

It's so nice to peek in and see old friends, and so many new friends too. smile

Hey Mare it is so good to hear from you again. I have used so many of your mix recipes. I am glad your mom is doing well and there is a new you. Hopefully we will see you around a lot more.

Mare! and Caveman!

I am so glad you will be able to walk again! and feeling better too!

you are missed.

(((((Mare)))))) it is so good to see you post! It sounds like you have been blessed so much this year. My prayer for you is that things continue to get better for all of you and you grow in the Lord daily. You are missed much here!

Q

wave Hi mare and welcome back. I don't believe I've ever met you before so its great to see you back with us. I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well and you've had such blessings this year. bighug

Mare, I've wondered about you so much since we last talked. It's wonderful to hear you're feeling so much better. A big hug to both you and Cavey!!! bighug

Mare! I remember you although you may not remember me. I was a lurker for a long time before I joined last year.

Last week, I talked to Darlene on the phone and we were worrying about different people who had dropped off the site..and she mentioned you. I was praying all week that you'd turn up!!

How nice!

Hugs!

Mare, welcome back! I just made your hot roll recipe on Wednesday. I'm so glad your mom came through surgery ok. I'll be praying your surgery goes well.

bighug

mare glad to see you back on let me know if there is anything i can do to help you guys out i have been thinking of you since we got together for brunch

Hello yourself! You have been sorely missed. So happy to hear from you and things are going well for you and yours. A year of change and blessings for sure! I do hope the hospital has computer access so you can keep in touch and let us know progress on the knee. Spring will be here before we know it and by then you will be all ready to rock and roll. I used to ride horses just a little in younger days. Not now for many years but they are beautiful animals. Take care and don't stay away so long next time!(((mare))

dee yeppers it was and we spent hours talking and getting to know each other while bummed about the fact you were missing

Hi Mare! So goooood to see you here again. We've missed you. New walking ability and back to horses soon too? star And FAITH! Yep, I'd say this was gooood!

Be sure to check out the stirrup turner thingies....so you don't have any excess strain on those new knees you're getting. Unless you ride English...don't think those stirrup leathers would strain as much as the hunk of leather for the Western saddles.

MtRider [haven't ridden in over a month myself....now feeling better and....it's snowing frozen but sooon! ]

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif Mare, it is so good to see you. WELCOMEBACKWEMISSEDYOU.gif

I'm so glad you are feeling better, and things are really looking up for you.

When you get to walking after your new knee, be sure to add your miles up and put them in the Spa with those of us who do that. smile

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif to you and Caveman too. smileHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

missyoubighug

(((((((Mare))))))))

I'm blessed to hear things are going so much better for you! Tell Caveman and your dear mama we said hello and come back whenever and as often as you can! Have a Merry Christmas!

(((Mare))) welcome back! It's so good to see you posting. Take care.

((MARE & CAVEY)) I am so glad to see you're back! bighug I have missed you so much and often wondered how the three of you were doing? I'm glad to hear Mom is on the mend and that You have had such a wonderful change in your life this year. I will be praying for you and your up comming surgery and praising the lord for your "re-found" spirituality. It's always been there, you just needed to look for it ... same with me . grin

Luv ya girlfriend and welcome home. Twi

bouquet Hello Mare and welcome back. I haven't met you but reading your post made me thank Him for His goodness. Glad you and your Mother are doing well and I'll pray for success in your upcoming surgery.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.