MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oooooops...

Darlene

Can you say Christmas tree?

I dunno what came over me, but somehow it ended up in the middle of my great room:

Christmastree002.jpg

Christmastree003.jpg

Maybe we could have a MrsS Decorate the tree get together...

lol

Uhm, Darlene? It is a little bit tall. You might want to trim that tree so you can put a topper on it. LOL

We don't have one. I gave mine away to someone thinking we needed to reduce the weight of our 'stuff' so we could move.

That one is a beauty! Wow.

::::breaks out in hives::::

I already cut off about 1.5' off the top just so I could stand the sucker up lolol...

I'll just hafta get creative with it...but today I think I'll pull a Scarlett O'Hara and think about it tomorrow...lol

Originally Posted By: Darlene
Can you say Christmas tree?

To quote hubby GOOD GRIEF Charlie Brown did she get one big enough... rofl

It is beautful...I am waiting until around the 15th to get one...It never fails we always get one that sheds all its needles within a week no matter what we do.
Originally Posted By: MomM
Darlene, when I showed Mark your picture and quote, he said "We're on our way!"

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

I'll cook up something special and y'all can have your own bedroom this time! lol

Wow...gorgeous. But they DO have a tendancy to "GROW" once ya get 'em inside, don't they?

Wish I could help. Our house is TOO small for anything but a tiny thing on the mantle. I love Christmas trees...and Christmas lights....oh, look....

we're having Christmas SNOW! frozen

MtRider [whoa....looks like a snowglobe outside right now...want some? ]

Originally Posted By: Midnightmom
Are there enough ornaments in the world to decorate that tree?!?!?!?!?!?!? eek

I've been thinking about that...

I'm going to get Madison started on making some paper snowflakes lolol.

I have alot of ornaments, but not that many...I'm going to hafta get really creative lol.

I love that tree!!! But it would take up my whole livingroom. With all the lights it will take we will know what happened if theres a black-out up your way! LOL I hope you'll send a pic when your done.

paper chains, those take up a lot of room. You can use all kinds of fancy papers now a days. It even looks cool using paper from magazines. Especially nature magazines.

We use Beanie Babies in our tree. We perch them on their little branch on top of white fiber fill. Looks like the beanies are sitting in the snow. For a real tree the fiber fill would keep the sap off the beanies too.

Popcorn. Let it stand for a few days so it is not as fresh and crumbly -- stale is good. Then use cranberries and popcorn together and string them It looks awesome.

Big ribbons.

Candy canes

wrapped candy hung with the little hooks, or strung like garland.

LOTS OF TINSEL!!!

Cinnamon ornaments made with cinnamon and applesauce and elmers glue -- mixed together to form a dough, and then shaped and stamped into ornaments. Dried and then hung.

Pinecones, with glue on the edges and glitter or fake snow. Or just paint the dern edges white.

Fake flowers, Christmas colors, with ribbon.

small boxes, wrapped like Christmas presents, hung on the tree.

Just a few ideas.

Dollar store works great for ornaments too. We had an old wreath with nothing on it. I bought a white and silver poinsettia flower grouping (there were four of them and I used three) We got some silver and blue garland with snow flakes on it. AND a set of little bells that were blue and silver. The bells went in the middle, hanging down, the flowers were placed around one, two three in a triange on the round wreath, and the garland was wrapped around...and for under 3 dollars we had a beautiful 'new' wreath! You can do the same thing for the Christmas tree.

I am in -- that sounds fun!

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

WOW!!! That is one BIG tree. smile

If I had the space for a large one, I would love it. smile We don't have a real tree anymore, just to much work. But, we have a 7 foot tree, but, now we are going to a smaller one this year.

No, it isn't up yet, didn't get a chance to do it yet. frown

I love your tree Darlene, and will be watching for a picture after you decorate it. Lets see, about 15 strings of lights. smile

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

Originally Posted By: Darlene
Originally Posted By: Midnightmom
Are there enough ornaments in the world to decorate that tree?!?!?!?!?!?!? eek

I've been thinking about that...

I'm going to get Madison started on making some paper snowflakes lolol.

I have alot of ornaments, but not that many...I'm going to hafta get really creative lol.

You probably have thought of some of these but I thought I would share some things I have used over the years to decorate a tree with...

Bows and ribbon
pinecones covered in gliter
popcorn strands (each about 6 inchs then drape them around)
silk poinsettas stuffed here and there
candy canes
pictures of the boys(these were saved from year to year and the fames were made out of contructin paper with their picture glued on

and the one I made for the exchange this year was silver bells cut out those disposable cookie sheets.

you can always cut stars out of scraps of material sew two together and stuff them.

Here is cinnamon spice dough to make ornaments out of ... just use cookie cutters for different shapes. We have made these and the kids have a blast. We made these at church, youth functions, I usually make them and use them as gift tags.

http://www.neuhsa.org/files/cinnamon_spice_ornaments.htm

http://www.bluebonnetvillage.com/cindough.htm

Archived