MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Could you ladies send up a prayer?

babysteps

This isn't any huge emergency, but my hubby and I would really appreciate some prayers sent our way to know what the Lord wants us to do.

We did foster care for several years while we lived in Idaho. One of the little boys we fostered (and loved dearly, and wanted to adopt) has just come up on the adoption listing for Idaho.

We are really NOT in any shape to pursue adoption at this time. We are in a too-small house, hubby just started a new job a month ago and is in the midst of very stressful training, all sorts of reasons...

BUT. We ADORED this little boy when we had him before. We have been talking about him for 4 years, missing him and wishing we could have kept him. And now he's up for adoption, and we are willing to try and move heaven and earth to get him, if it's what God wants.

We do not have a homestudy, so we'd be starting from the beginning of the process, and he's available NOW. And in a different state. I have serious doubts whether we'd get an approved homestudy because of the size of our home. But if we don't try, we'll regret it later...

Anyway, I'm rambling... I've gone through a billion emotions this evening since I saw his name and picture on the website. "There's no way... there's GOT to be a way... there's no way" ... you get the idea. So prayers, for clarity of mind while we look at this, for wisdom to know what God wants us to do, for peace no matter what happens, and especially for the perfect home for him NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, would be SOOOO appreciated.

*sigh* I just want to get in the van and drive to Idaho RIGHT NOW...

I know the heartbreak of losing a foster child that you have loved and cared for. There are two children in particular that if I ever found out that they were up for adoption I would move heaven and earth to TRY to adopt them.

My prayers are going out to you, your family and that little boy.

(((((babysteps))))) praying

I can't begin to tell you how I felt as I read your post. Emotions just welled up....

We have so been where you are and would have loved to adopt several that we've had in fostercare, it has never worked out. I pray that God will move mountians on behalf of the child and you.

(((babysteps))) Just keep walking through the open doors. If God doesn't want this to happen, doors will close. Will be praying for you to have wisdom and discernment and peace.

Praying for you, hubby and little boy to be reunited with joy.... or not, as God wills. And for peace for all of you no matter what.

Check out the rules for interstate adoption. Home studies can be done quickly. Where you already fostered this child, that might give some weight to you getting him! Also, if he is an older child now, there might be adoption subsidies available to help you accomplish this. Remember, love is the strongest power in the universe. I believe you can do this:)

• 2 weeks later...

If you weren't looking, you wouldn't have seen him. Would you really tell yourself no for fear the state would say no, and spend the rest of your life wishing you'd tried?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

((((Babysteps))))

I can only imagine the rollercoaster that you are on right now. I will pray for you both and God's Will in the situation. I'm sure he is a very special little boy. If it's God's Will he will work it out LICKETY SPLIT so don't waste your time doubting. Just start prepping and praying!!!

:bighug2:

Just a sidenote: Friends of ours married and she had 2 kids but they had none together. After trying unsuccessfully to have a child together they decided to become foster parents and got a baby they intended to adopt but it didn't work out. It was a terrible blow and just when they thought all hope was gone they call them and ask them to take 3 siblings that would be eligible for adoption immediatley. This was all out of the blue!!! They now have a house FULL of children. God works it out....always.

Archived