MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Dear Sons Wedding to His Marine Officer Lady..

sassenach

grin

They did it kind of quick for Military reasons, and will have a big wedding ceremony and get together when she returns from the War Zone next year. Both are working hard. Josh and Penny are wonderful young people and really looked for a long time before finding each other and being a wonderful match two and a half years ago.

Penny is a supply officer at Camp Lejeune. Josh just got his medical discharge recently and is now working at domestic and overseas pipeline inspections. His first overseas job was five weeks in South Korea, and next week he goes to Okinawa for two weeks before Christmas.

They decided on a simple tiny ceremony and I guess they really did get married in their pj's on Thanksgiving morning.

He had just returned to Home from South Korea and they drove to Houston to get married in her home with her parents and all her extended family there. No wedding cake, just pancakes for anyone hungry for breakfast because they got busy cooking all day for the Turkey dinner!

Josh also has two half brothers by his dads second marriage who are in the service. Matt is in the marines, training Iraqi police in Baghdad and Michael is in the coast guard in Alaska now, luckily not in the war zone.

Both Josh and Penny are prior enlisted. Josh was a 1st LT, just like Penny.

Ok I put a narrow vertical pic up for my avatar for now. It looks ok. .

Congratulations! What a nice young couple, and they are both hero's in my book. We can never thank our soldiers enough for their service. You have so much to be proud of, and both of them will be in my prayers for a safe remainder of tour, and journey home.

Oh..what a cute young couple! Congrats and best wishes to them and to you--what an exciting event! (pancakes! I love it!!)

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

They are a very nice looking couple. smile

As far as mother-in-laws go, one day most of you who aren't may be one too. smile I'm one. smile

Arby, you will be just fine and they are all in my prayers.

americanflag

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Archived