MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Surgery

Mare

My final surgery is over (yesterday) and everything went very well. This time they gave me a block in my right thigh so I remember everything since I woke up yesterday. Last time I missed four days.

My knee is still partially numb, so while PT was able to get me on my feet twice today, with a walker, I haven't been able to take a step yet. Tried and almost fell. I can't get the catheter out until I can make it to the bathroom, and I hate the indignities we have to endure when so helpless. However, I am so grateful for the kindness and expertise of the men and women who do take care of our indignities in such a compassionate manner.

Cavey came up this morning before work and brought me the lap top and got me up and running. I'll have it through tomorrow, then I move to the Transitional Care Unit on Thursday. My Mom just stopped by my room with her PT, and we'll be here one day together at TCU on Thurs and Friday until she is discharged. My OT friend over at the TCU is making her prepare breakfast for us in the morning and is bringing it over to share with me. We could have such fun here together if we could be geographically closer.

Mom's PT is so cute, and she is such a flirt with him. He is tall, dark and handsome, and recites poetry to her in French and Dutch! He also tucks her in at night with pillows under her arms and her down comforter just so. She is going to miss his attention. It just fills my heart with gratitude to see her walking without so much pain, happy, and back to her flirtatious ways. At nearly 82, she's still "got it".

I think I flubbed the smiley thing so if it appears in a strange place, it's me the user who flubbed, not smilie.

Anyway, that's my report to date. 10 more days and I'll be going home for the next recovery and gathering of physical strength so I can return to work.

Archived