MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayers Please...Panic Attacks

Aint2nuts

Thanks y'all. I had some panic attacks again this past two days, I think from the worry over the violence. Past history makes me very warry of violence of any kind.

tonight all is quiet.

I missed going to something I really wanted to go to though, because I wasn't up to facing more people. Agoraphobia at it's best.

Angela,

I used to be plagued with panic attacks about 10 years ago. They lasted about 5 years. The trick I learned with mine was to try.. you've got to TRY to focus on a picture in your mind. For me it was a waterfall.... so beautiful, so peaceful. It streams and falls gracefully to the pool in the bottom. The rocks are a myriad of colors. The water laps and splashes playfully. It's late at night and the moon is out. The moon is so bright, so full of light. The crickets sing in beautiful harmony with one another. There is a soft fluttering breeze against my face. Concentrate. Breathe. Deep breath through the nose until your lungs cannot take any more in. Out through the mouth. In through the nose. Out through the mouth.

If you can't do this alone (which I often couldn't), teach this to your child and have her say this to you while you lay on the bed or couch. Shut your eyes, listen to her voice, and breathe. Just breathe. Slow, deep breaths. You will feel like you can't, but you CAN. Picture your happy, peaceful place in your mind. Concentrate. Breathe.

Angela,

Continuing to keep you close in prayer.

This time of year is the worse for anxiety

and stress. One of my doctors suggested

an unorthdox,(so I thought) method that has

something to with the negative ions. He told

me to take plain charcoal, place it in a bowl

near my bed, and other rooms of my home.

You get the dopamine and other feel good

chemicals balanced in a few days and feel better.

Just a note, if you have small children keep the charcoal

out of their reach. Hugs, jakesnana

Archived