MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Here's what happened with MrsSurvival over the past 24 hours...

Darlene

Yesterday afternoon, I was working on the site when it went down. I called our server people to find out what was going on, only to find out that THEY had pulled our message board down...

Long story short, there was some errors in the programming for this message board that was overloading our server. Now, I had been contacting them alot lately because the site has been running so slow, and they kept telling me everything was fine. So, when they told me they had pulled the site down because it was overloading the server, I was very upset.

I spent the next 11 hours on and off the phone with them, talking with tech people, then asking for supervisors. I was on the phone with MountainMommy, our webmaster, conferencing her in on these phone calls with the server people. About 1:30am, MM finally got access into the server so that she could fix these problem areas and worked on it most of the night. I guess there had been several upgrades that we had not installed, but that are now installed.

I then spent all day today, calling the server people to get this site back up after MM had it all fixed. They of course took their time and it has been very frustrating.

Suffice it to say that I have no friends at our server company anymore...I kinda lost my temper (I hate when I do that).

Regardless, MM has once again not only saved the day, but saved our message board that is such a huge part of our lives. She called me early early this morning to let me know she finished everything and that we'd probably notice some changes on this board from all the upgrades. I haven't had time to look into everything, but I see little "tweaks" here and there so we'll have to figure out what changes are here from those upgrades.

I am so sorry that this happened and that I was for the most part (aside from Cat's MrsS), unable to let the majority of the membership know what was going on.

At least we're back up, and it has only served to remind me how much I love this place and depend on it.

Oh, I'm so glad everything is ok now! I wasn't too worried when I got the error message, till I saw this part of it...

Quote:
and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

And that's when I thought jawdrop Oh NO, what did I DO?!?!?!?!? LOL

Good job, both of you. I had every faith that you would get her back eventually but it sure makes me realize what it would be like if we DIDN'T. Groan.

bighug

Well, I'm sure relieved we are back online. Guess I'll go put this egg up before it turns into a pocket omelet. Feed all the brooder babies, take the new ones out of the incubator, feed my daughter, make myself some supper and maybe by then, folks will have posted sometime new to read and respond to!

Darlene? Lose her temper? *gasp*

I can't imagine it!

happy02

Still,

Fantastic work Ladies, the place looks wonderful. And we were only going through a teeny tiny bit of withdrawal. whistling

Woohooooooooooooooooo we're back! Partyyyyyy!!! dancing

Nice job!

Darlene, I think sometimes a person can be justified in losing their temper, particularly when someone's NOT doing their jobs.

MM - thank you! bighug

It does sort of feel like half the internet went away all of a sudden when MrsS is not online. I greatly appreciate all the work you both did to fix the problem.

Now I will be getting used to the new way of listing things!

I have however been able to really work on my budgeting for this month and figuring out timeframes, various appts and needs I have other than just ordering up my canner and waiting for it, and not being able to leave the house when there are things that must be done elsewhere according to others schedules as well. ETC.

Hey I got the craft table which was buried.... lots of oddball stuff is now sorted, the table is totally scrubbed clean and I can safely light a candle on it now!

The biggie is being able to set up the sewing machine! It is direly needed! So I am going to o dust off the poor machine and pray it works ok! It has been stored a very long time!

Ive got the neato plaid upholstery material for some shopping bags that I need tomorrow! So off I go.

Have fun tonight! sewingthanks

funny-pictures-cat-missed-you1.jpg

351_construction_worker.gif

Outstanding! Sorry that you had to burn some bridges to get us backup though. I hope you will be able to relax some and perhaps do whatever necessary to put your heart at ease.

Originally Posted By: SueC
I picked a great time to be offline! Didn't miss a thing!

same here!

lol I had noticed that Mrs.S has been very slow lately. (almost 10 minutes to load a page!)

Thanks MM and Darlene for everything

Oh my goodness!!! I've realized how much I take MrsSurvival for granted!!! I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!!!!!! I thank the Lord for you and for your wisdom and friendship.

I'm glad I'm a part of the family.

cleanheart lovemrss

Archived