MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Romans 1:18-20

Darlene

I want to apologize for not being able to do this Romans study for a couple of days...I've just been under an escalating attack by the enemy that ended up kind of cutting me off at the knees yesterday. It started out with me trying to write the next installment and it disappearing and deleting several times, to having my site yanked off the internet by my server people, to finally receiving personal news that not so much rocked my heart on a human level, as much as it rocked my world on a spiritual level and I just felt I was spiraling down and couldn't grab onto anything. It shook the foundation of my understanding of my Heavenly Father in a way I'd never experienced before. IF it had not of been for other Christians, that I could turn to, and to pour out my confused and disillusioned heart to, I'm scared to even contemplate that.

Nobody necessarily had any answers (and when I want answers, I NEED then yesterday...I don't push God like I pushed Him yesterday because I was really losing it). I was on the phone almost constantly yesterday with one brother or sister in the Lord and He used them to hang on to me when I couldn't hang on myself. My issue wasn't with circumstances in my earthly life as much as it was a foundational issue with God. I barely slept last night, my heart feels like it's been shattered into a million pieces, and this morning, I called my daddy, who is a giant of a man in the Lord and like the little girl that I still am some days, poured my heart out to him.

While he didn't have the 'perfect' answer to my delima either, he shared his multi decade walk with God and the experiences he had countered along the way. Maybe because he is my dad is why it's easier to trust his counsel, I dunno, but the warring that was going on in my heart is subsiding, I'm finally able to get a little more quiet and say from my heart, "Ok Lord, I sure don't understand why You even allowed certain experiences in my life but once again here I am at the crossroad...bewildered, hurt, feeling like a little girl that was betrayed, having to make that infamous decision one more time...am I gonna trust You or not?"

With that said...

Heavenly Father,

Here I am Lord, without one plea. That was the song You laid on my heart the morning You burdened me to start this Romans study. And, as usual, I rushed in saying, "Ok Lord...just as I am, withOUT one plea"...

Knowing that in my head at the time, and sitting here right now feeling like that are two whole completely different things, but I will submit, I will let go, I will trust You even though I'm more lost than I've felt in a long, long time. Your ways truly are not my ways, and Your thoughts truly are not my thoughts and I don't understand anything, I don't know what to believe anymore, I don't know how to proceed, and to be quite frank, I don't (at times) even want to take one step further. I don't want any responsibility, I don't want any calling, I don't want any stress or pressure or confusion or disillusionment. I want to say I'm done, I quit and to find somewhere safe to hide. My feelings are very hurt by You and I just don't understand. THAT is how I feel.

Surely Your heart is moved by my pain. Surely You care about this crossroads I am at. Surely You ARE God and all that You say is true.

So, as I sit here crying and my heart hurting, I begin to feel Your Holy peace flood my heart. I feel the power of Your presence that I cannot deny. And once again, as seems customary these days, I have no answers, but I do have Your peace.

I feel like a paralytic in faith so take my foot and move it one more step forward to You. Do what I'm unable to do. I will be still and know that You alone are God, and I will trust You. That is my choice and my will and all I have to offer...just as I am, without one plea.

So, Father God, I can't come in here this morning singing "Holy Holy Holy, on and on and on". I can't present today's study in a professional, mature fashion...all I can do is be honest and let it go at that. If people think I'm nuts, so be it, that wouldn't be nothing new, but I know in my heart that this prayer comes straight from the heart, and that's the only way I know how to be with You.

I'm hurting Lord but I do love and miss You. Lead me through this storm, and may Your perfect will be done, whatever that may be. I'm really tired Father, so I'd kinda just like to hide myself in You, if that would be ok.

Forgive me my sins, for they are many and may the precious Blood of Your Son Jesus, not only wash them all away forever, but also change my life into one that is pleasing to You.

And Lord? Camp not only Your guardian angels about me, but Your warring guardian angels around me, to protect me from the attacks by the enemy. Breathe that Word from Your Holy Throne and erect that hedge around me, my family and my land. Through the Blood of Your Son Jesus, bind and cease the enemy, for my refuge is found in You and I seek to hide under the shadow of Your Holy Wings.

Well Lord, that's my prayer this morning. May Your Spirit move over these words and may this heartfelt prayer bring honor and glory to You, my Heavenly Father, the One True God.

In Jesus Name I submit this prayer,

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

In verse 18, Paul is showing man's frightful state of guilt and his need for the gospel. It is important to not take these scriptures and view them corporately, but to make them personal and apply them individually, to ourselves (my sin, my own state by nature...). Christians today are rapidly losing sin-consciousness, which means we are losing our God-consciousness. Many Christians today are "luke warm" which God states in Rev 3:15-16:

15 I know your [record of] works and what you are doing; you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot!

16 So, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth!

Conversely, among God's real saints, those who are indwelt by the Spirit of the Living God, there is everywhere, a gathering, an eagerness, a hunger for His Word...news from "Home".

The rvbv states, "Therefore let all who have ears to hear give the utmost attention to what God says about our state of nature. Do not apply the threefold "God gave them up" of Romans 1 to "the heathen," as most do. Behold, we are those of whom God says: "There is no distinciton: all sinned and fall short of the glory of God." ALL are brought under the judgment of God. O saints, beware of the "select" circles, the "we-are-better" societies of pride! For all human beings are alike sinners: for "The Scripture shut up all things under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe" (Gal 3:22)."

The more we discover ourselves to be a common sinner, the more we will realize god's uncommon grace.

In verse 18, "Wrath revealed from heaven", this is the tenor of all Scripture as to God's attitude toward defiant sin. In Acts 17:31 it is stated that "God has appointed a day in which He will judge the world".

In verses 24, 26 and 28, where it states that "God gave them over", is an indication of the working of God's wrath in this world today. He judiciously hands over rebels to go further into rebellion. In Romans, chapters 1, 2 and 3 it is described this present and ongoing state of humanity lost. It is not the final damnation though. "The Son of man came to seek and to save that which was lost".

The rvbv states, "Let us admit, therefore, the judicial "delivering over" of humanity which has "exchanged the glory" of the God they knew for horrid idolatrous conceptions, - a present judicial action of God on earth, where and when He "lets men go their own way"...Thank God, we may still cry with Paul, "Now is the acceptable time; now is the day of salvation!" Grace is still ready to reach the worst wretch on earth!

Note the ungodliness is direct disregard of God, which to the Jew would connect itself with the first table of the Law, the first 4 commandments; while unrighteousness has reference to wickedness of conduct, in itself and toward other men. Note further that it is distinctly said that the human race, in order to live an unrighteous life, held down the truth. The meaning of the verb translated "hold down" is seen in its use in II Thessalonians 2:6: "Ye know that which restraineth,", referring to the present restraining of the sin and wrath of man by the Spirit of God. It is also true, turning this about, that man in his wickedness restrains the truth he knows. (See also same word in Luke 4:42, "would have stayed Him.") Almost all men know more truth than they obey. They call themselves "truth seekers"; but would they attend a meeting where Paul preached the facts of this first of Romans?"

Verse 19, "That which is known of God is manifest...God made it evident". Noah's father, Lamech, was for over 50 years a contemporary of Adam. Knowledge of God was held and imparted by tradition from the beginning. The world was not only bad enough to incur God's judgment in the flood, but afterwards it became so bad again that God called out His own (from Abraham on) to a separate, pilgrim life. The rvbv states, "Utter uncompromising, abandonment of hope in man is the first preliminary to understanding or preaching the gospel. Man says, "I am not so bad; I can make amends"; "There are many people worse than I am"; "I might be better, but I might be worse." But God's indictment is sweeping: it reaches all. "None righteous; all have sinned, there is no distinction."...the first step of wisdom is to listen to the worst God says about us, for He is the Lover of man, sinner though man be. You and I were born in this lost race, with all these evil things innate in, and, apart from the grace of God, possible to us. "The heart is deceitful above all things, and is desperately wicked." Only redemption by the blood of Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, can offer hope."

In verse 20 it states that the Majesty of God, and all He created, is easy to see if one is willing to look. We get caught up in the busyness of our lives, and one of the things I have been blessed with since leaving the city for the mountains, is a sort of welcomed forced balance. I'm surrounded by nature and natural things...just today I saw the shoots of daffodils starting to break the ground. It's very easy for me these days to just walk out of my house and to see a small portion of this earth that God created and blessed in many ways. It has afforded me a balance that I didn't have in the city...normal stresses in life, living in a stressful place. These days, the normal stresses in life are balanced with the beautiful mountains that surround me. It has really made quite a difference, to the point that I've noticed it on more than one occasion.

Watchman Nee comments on the portion of the verse "being perceived by the things made," by stating: "Man can perceive the invisible things of God by observing the visible things created by Him. Both the eternal power of God and the divine characteristics that express God's intrinsic nature are manifested in God's creation. For example, the abundance of light in the universe shows that light is a divine characteristic, a divine attribute of the divine nature (James 1:17). The same is true of beauty and life."

Father God,

Take this short study today, and use it to do a work in all our lives. May Your perfect will unfold in each and every one of us.

In Jesus Name,

Whoa...... I LOVE this:

Quote:
Conversely, among God's real saints, those who are indwelt by the Spirit of the Living God, there is everywhere, a gathering, an eagerness, a hunger for His Word... news from "Home" .

News From HOME....I'm getting goosebumps!

MtRider [ praying praying protection for Darlene and all who read here.....cuz the REAL battle is heating up!!!!! We who read here are being called up for SERVICE....and to get SERIOUS!....and to SEE! Whoa! ]

It is easy to forget all those little things we think or do and figure no one will ever find out and think we've gotten away with it, these verses say "No!" God knows.

Originally Posted By: Mt_Rider

MtRider [ praying praying protection for Darlene and all who read here.....cuz the REAL battle is heating up!!!!! We who read here are being called up for SERVICE....and to get SERIOUS!....and to SEE! Whoa! ]

Indeed.