MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sassenach

Surviving emotionally when someone knocks unexpectedly and your......

really needing to hide your kitchen from curious eyes when the door to the kitchen is right by your front door.....

Let's face it, this apartment is very small. When I have been busy in the kitchen and sit down for a break because I don't have high energy, lately, a chronic issue... and someone knocks on my door, even though I may have been getting the living room in control more on a daily basis, food prep, doing a meal, usually wipes out the kitchen pretty fast...

and anyone can see right into my kitchen when I open my door to the hallway. This is embarrassing. Besides trying to better organize and be more ruthless with what I do put in my kitchen, to cut down on clutter as its a long narrow kitchen...

I finally unearthed and dusted off the sewing machine last night and this morning I made three shopping bags, which was helping me get back to some familiarity with my poor neglected, abandoned sewing machine....

and I realized that I have a brand new curtain rod, and some calico material I can make a curtain with. For my doorway to my kitchen, and I can shut the curtain! ( an Aha! moment!)

This solves a few needs, it closes the view to the kitchen, it uses a lone curtain rod, and it uses material I was trying to figure out a good use for, and it can be neatly hung up.

clap

Anyone else have a frugal idea to disguise something that can be distasteful?

CGA, embarrassment and shyness ( yes I am shy in person about many things, although I bet none of you would believe that...), is a good motivator! laughkickcrazy

That was a very good idea, and you used what you had. We are all going to have to think "smarter" now.

I'm not a shy person, but I am very private, very, very private. I do not like drop in company. whistling

I'm a bit....errmmmm.... creative by nature, I suppose, and we may have a dozen projects at once going in our home. After all, we are home educators and that in itself creates much opportunity for 'getting messy'. grin

Originally Posted By: Stephanie

I'm a bit....errmmmm.... creative by nature, I suppose, and we may have a dozen projects at once going in our home.

Ah ha! That's what's all over my house! Creativity! rofl

Back in the 70's,when DH was stationed at Beale AFB,CA. I remember one of the wives sharing how her (sweet Southern) mother would always keep the vacuum cleaner up in the living room. Then, if anyone came unexpectedly, she would say, "Why come on it, I was just vacuuming." That could allow for a multitude of reasons for the house not looking up to par.

OWHousewasclean.jpg

I want that sign! LOL Only mine should say "My house was clean YESTERDAY sorry you missed it"> LOL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.