MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Family needs prayers

SueC

On Thursday we moved to a new town, arriving late evening to stay with my parents while we unpack. Just 10 minutes before we got here they had a phone call to say that my SIL had died. she was 54, very fit and healthy. an autospy today will hopefully reveal the cause of death. They are not sure if she had a stroke and fell or fell and that caused the stroke. She was at work at the time, and fell from her truck (which is about the height of a 2 story home, yes a very big truck!)

Please pray for the family, all are flying to the funeral which will be at a place called Kalgoorli - central Australia and VERY HOT. my brother has not been at church for many years - neither have 2 other brothers, this is going to very hard for all. Please pray that they will look to God rather than blame God. please also pray for travelling mercies. We will leave my dad here as his health is not the best and the brothers are unsure how 3 flights to get there would be, plus 3 flights to get home.

Karen has not been a part of our family for long, but has touched all our lives. She was the best thing that ever happend to my brother David, and he will be lost without her.

Sue

adding the family to my prayers. It is always so hard for those who are left behind. I am sorry for your loss

Praying also! (((((Sue & family)))))

I just know by your endearing request that you'll be an agent of comfort to your family and brother. I am praying for you,Sue,to be strong for others to lean upon. May your light shine brightly of the One who can make sense of this tragedy.

Sue, I just saw your post now. Adding our prayers for your family to the list. May your faith help carry you through this time--and may your family have God's help in their grief.

Thanks for the support and prayers. After a lot of prayer, my Mum has decided to stay home with Dad and my DH will travel with me instead. As far as I can tell it will be a 2 hour flight to a large city then 5.5 hours to Perth and another 1 hour flight to Kalgoorli. As I start work on the Monday after, I need to fly home straight after the funeral, whichever day that happens. It is possibly Friday, but no guarantee. I know that we came to support my parents and I believe that we moved at this time for this. Please keep praying, we have a long way to go yet.

Thanks

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for all the prayers. We flew to Kalgoorli on the Tuesday, the funeral was the Friday and we returned home on the Sunday. While away I got a ghastly cold, which has not helped with starting a new job.

The boys (ok one is a grandpa now smile )were in good form, although the funeral knocked them all around. When we drove up to the chapel, there was about 100 orange uniform shirts forming a sort of guard of honour. It was amazing - apart from the fact that never before have the miners ironed their shirts! The service was performed by a celebrant. I cant say I liked it. Then the wake after, well there was always someone checking to make sure we had everything we needed - even a doctor if I needed one. The company paid for everything, our flights from all corners of the globe, hire cars, accomodation, funeral, wake, memorial service for this Friday and another wake. it was interesting to see the interaction from my brothers, they even raised the "religious" topics! Not bad seeing as only one of them goes to church.

I am home, have started the new job, still need to unpack the house, and have a boarder as of tomorrow. Thanks once again, I know I could not have got through this time without your prayer support.

Sue

SueC I wanted to send my continued prayers to you and your family. Give yourself time to get settled and best of luck with the new job. Hugs from a New friend here. jakesnana

• 3 weeks later...

Archived