MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Romans 1:24-27

Darlene

3 days ago, the spiritual aorta of my heart had been cut and I was bleeding profusely. I've always thought that I make a brilliant 'spiritual EMT'...first on the scene, able to stabilize those that had been wounded deeply. I experienced the last 3 days that while *I* thought I was 'so like that', I discovered that when I was 'code blue', there was NOTHING *I* could do to save myself. It was y'all and my Heavenly Father (who always was in control) that were instrumental to where I am today.

Today, I feel complete. I feel at peace, and the horror that was unfolding 3 days ago, and while I still has several questions, has flowed once again into a security that I feel with my Father, a peace and a trust in Him. I've been pondering this little thought about how this experience was 3 days...from an almost spiritual death, to a reborning that feels sensitive, quiet (well, we all know I'm never ever TRULY quiet...I think what I mean is that my heart feels still...it is not longer racing in panic, turmoil, fear, unexplanable dread), and filled with His truly Holy Peace coupled with His powerful presence.

So, this morning as I was pondering the next portion of this Romans study, once again a song began to play in my head. When I paid attention to what it was, I discovered the most tender, most soft, most gentle, most consumingly loving whispered words. They are more than balm on a healing soul, and what the Lord has reminded me this morning is:

I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses

And the voice I hear, falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses

And He walks with me

And He talks with me

And He tells me I am His own

And the joy we share as we tarry there

None other has ever known

He speaks and the sound of His voice

Is so sweet the birds hush their singing

And the melody that He gave to me

Within my heart is ringing

And He walks with me

And He talks with me

I'd stay in the garden with Him

'Tho the night around me be falling

But He bids me go; through the voice of woe

His voice to me is calling

And He walks with me

And He talks with me

I just wanna cry.

Heavenly Father,

How do I take what I feel welling up in my heart, and translate it into words? How can I illustrate how I still feel like that little girl, that 3 days ago, was backed up into the corner with her knees up against her chest and her arms in protection over her head, filled with fear and panic, who TODAY feels fragile but finds herself sitting on Your holy lap with her face pressed against Your chest and Your holy arms wrapped around her filling her heart with peace and security, sensing You saying "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"...

All I can do is just cry, but the tears now say, "Oh Father God, I neeeeeeeeeeed You, I love You, please oh please oh please don't ever let me go through that ever again..."

I again sense You saying, "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and know in the deepest part of my heart that I will never go through what I did, again. That that hole in my spiritual armor has been fortified by The Word the Most High God has breathed from His Holy throne, through the Holy Blood of His Son and that His warring guardian angels stand guard, forever, in protection.

As Your Word says, "Who is man that You are mindful of him"...who am I, who are we, that I and we can know You like this?

I love You, I love You, I truly truly love You.

I'd like to do the study with You today, if that's ok.

(((((my Heavenly Father))))))

In Jesus Name,

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

In verse 24, "God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts", points not to the 'flesh' but to the 'heart' which is far deeper than our flesh. The lusts of the flesh cannot be conscious or controlling but the lusts of the heart will forever exhist.

The rvbv states, "Notice that when man is delivered from Divine restraint, the lusts of his heart plunge him into ever deeper bodily uncleanness, and bodily vileness...".

Watchman Nee comments, "The same expression is used also in verse 26 and 28. The result of man's giving up God is man's being given up by Him. Those who give up God force God to give them up. According to this chapter God gives people up to three things: uncleanness (v. 24), passions of dishonor (v. 26), and a disapproved mind (v. 28). The consequence of such a giving up is fornication (v. 24, 26-27), which violates a governing and controlling principle and brings in confusion. Every kind of evil issues from this fornication (v. 29-32)."

Wow...there really is something important here with this 'heart thang'.

The rvbv, in verse 25, "For they changed the truth of God into the lie", states, "That God is glorious, incorruptible, . silver, wood, stone; picture os symbol, is God, - God here names this THE LIE! Any such thing, connected with worship, is a fearful travesty of the Divine Majesty. Think of it! They worshipped and served the created thing rather than the Creator - who made the creature! This is that desperate hiding away from God by wicked-hearted man, called idolatry...Who is blessed unto the ages. Amen. Paul's adding these humble, worshipful words after "Creator" both glorifies God and also differentiates Paul from the abandoned devotees of sin thronging the dark alley of human history; showing him to be a child of light, as is every real saint of God, though passing through a world of thick darkness."

Watchman Nee states, "The truth of God is the reality of God. God is true and real. What He is, is a reality. But the idols are false. Whatever they are is a lie."

In verse 26, Paul writes for the 2nd time that, "God gave them over", this time "unto shameful passions". The rvbv states, "There are natural and normal appetites of the body: God is not speaking of these, or even of the abuse of these, - adultery or harlotry - in this verse. He is describing the state of unnatural appetites in which all normal instincts are left behind. And it is significant, that, as originally woman took the lead in sin, so here!"

I wanna say "ouch".

In verse 27, men are referenced and are also "given up" by God...foregoing the holy intent that God had created for man and woman, but gives them up so that they also leaving the normal and natural 'burnings of ordinary lust', and plunge into the horror of unnatural lust, to which all, men AND women...a bondage in itself.

The rvbv writes, "What a fearful account is here! A lost race plunging ever deeper, by their own desire! Left in shameful, horrid bondage, unashamed, - not only IMmoral, but UNmoral, hideous. Missionaries abroad can tell you of what they find; as can the Christian workers in our great cities. But you would be unprepared to believe what exists, in the private lives of many, even in country districts through Christendom. And if God has "made you to differ," thank Him only! It will not do to hold up your hands in self-righteous dismay, and say, These verses do not in any particular describe me. For God will show you and me that this is exactly the race as we were born into it, and out of which the only rescue is being born again. All these things pertain to lost, fallen man. Man is a tenant of the earth only by Divine grace, since the Deluge."

Holy Father,

May Your Holy Spirit flow like a gentle, rolling mist, breathing life from Your Word into our hearts and minds, that we might know Who You really Are.

In Jesus Precious and Holy Name, I pray,