MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Counting miles for January 4 - 10, 2009

Snowmom

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

It is Monday, again time to put our miles in here. smileHAPPYMONDAYENJOYYOURWEEK.gif

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

2.gif5.gif7.gif9.gif14.gif13.gif3.gif

For some reason, it will not allow me to add all of the pictures that I had last week. So, please refer back to last week for your mile counters.

I've worked on this for over 30 minutes now.

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

6.gifshoppingcartdancing

Stairs will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These two willl be 30 minutes = one mile

loisvacuumingclothesline

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. smile

laundrydustingdishes

I am putting down 11 1/2 miles, for the past week, I've gone way down in my miles so need to get down stairs and work out more.

Ok, who will be next.

Who is going to join us? smile Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. smile

bighughaveniceday

Snowmom

waveI would like to start back adding miles with all of you. It has been awhile since I added any b/c so much was going on around here that I haven't been able to do much walking or reading on here. So I will try to put what I did this week, which isn't too much. Doctor has me on a strict diet now and I have lost total of 30 lbs and will have to go back in 3 weeks or so for check up and need to have more lbs down. So here is what I have... shoppingcart 3 miles, laundryvacuumingdishesdusting 4 miles, and lois 2 miles, and finally loading up Mom's and My firewood approx. 1 mile. Total of approx. 10 miles in all. Thanks for all of you being faithful to counting miles and hopefully I can get back on the treadmill and start running and going with Mom again down the road some.

Awesome Jasminegirl!

I am walking outside, using my totalgym mostly for limbering up legs, pilates now, dancing, stretching, yesterday was lots of mall cruising and shoppingcartvacuumingrunning so I wouldnt be late back to our van... 60 miles pushing a cart on the hwy if I had to walk back in subzero windchills if I did not make it back in time to van... now that would have been serious exercise! So, I hurried. Last thing was tackling stairs several times. They are 20 ft high, and carrying bags and stuff upstairs to my place.... it was a challenge,even with help. But every day I feel I am more limber and within reason, and plenty of rest I can feel my strength starting to return. Even in the deep cold of the season. I think being out in it alot more is helping burn calories and the walks are helping in general. Just walking around my place I am noticing I am feeling a bit better each week, especially when I started out in massive pain and crippled up literally. ( That was when I decided I had to get moving! Or I would end up in a wheelchair if I let this beat me, and I will be darned if I will just let that happen. )

I also am happy to say my sore throat and chronic fatigue fevers are lessening. Getting to sleep by 11pm or earlier or as early as I feel tired, last night was 8 pm after such an active day, is helping too of course. Supplements I am using are helping the inflammation and nerve pain I believe and I think the cinnamon is raising my metabolic rate as well.

I still have to see a doc and get screened for something more serious than chronic fatigue but I am just dealing with that in a little category and not worrying because I know I will just face it if I have that difficulty too. This is the best approach to it, if I did have that ... of course one hopes they don't have something of that degree, but I am encouraged by the ones who fight this level of disease and I will be darned if I will just let it wipe me out completely. I think that is the best attitude for this matter and I settled this in my mind when I realized it was a question due to some symptoms popping up. I also know I have to advocate with brand new doctors and push for definitions that are correct and not just have them get away with a lack of care if it was that serious.

Right now I await even making a new appt as the VA clinic is getting in a new doctor finally and I will start with them and be referred to civilian care because I can't access the VA hospital in Albany and I hear bad things about them anyway and don't trust something that serious to them. But I pray I don't have that on top of all this other stuff~ Still, no one is invincible... so, I will do everything in my own power to give myself good care, gain strength and stamina again and a good diet, as much as is possible, because no matter what comes next, I need to be able to get around.

WTG JASMINEGIRL!!Ya done yerself proud. With the UTI that I've had along with some other infection (that the doctors can't figure out what it is), I haven't been able to do much of the normal household "excercises" that are on our list. However... between drinking a gallon and a half of water, sugar free cranberry juice and gator-ade for hydration... I figure I've ammassed at least 10-12 miles this week just walking up and down the stairs to get to the potty. I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy, but am on the mend at last... its been a long two weeks.

I've been avoiding the doctors office because #1. The man just irritates the heck outta me and #2I'd stopped doing my weight watchers until after the holidays. I did not want to face those scales! LOL ........ talk about do the happy dance. Since October 13 I've lost 25.67-lbs... Thats 25% of my weight loss goal! WoooHooo!!

Archived