MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Got a car payment!

kathy003

I'm still in a bit of shock over what transpired yesterday, something i always said I wouldn't have for a long time,, a car payment!

Yesterday turned out ok, but thanks to the way the Lord works it turned out pretty good.

It started out by me being sick ( i rarely get sick to the point i'm just worthless). Then, my kids school calls and one of my daughter's had a seizure at school and needed her medication (she has an ongoing seizure disorder). So, I grab the meds and run out to the car. It wouldn't start.We have two cars, one which was broke down before yesterday. So, there I am, having no reliable transportation.

So, I take a chance and call my daughter's care provider to see if she was in college. Turns out, the freeway was closed that morning so she turned around and went back to her house. If the freeway hadn't been closed she would have been in school. So she was kind enough to run by my house and not only offered to take Mandy's meds to school, but said she would just bring her home for the day so we didn't worry about her.

That day in the mail we get a pre approval notice in the mail. I thought about throwing it out, but didn't.

After DH worked and worked on the car and couldn't get it started we realized the last thing we could chance was not having reliable transportation in case we needed to get the kids quickly. So, we go to the dealership, not really expecting to get approved. We ended up getting an affordable loan. The car we got was a 2003 PT Cruiser.

I am just sitting here this morning thanking the Good Lord for giving my family people who we can count on in time of need. I guess when the day is done it's the little things that really mean alot to me.

Now i just have to make extra payments to get the car paid off as quickly as possible. wiggle

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

I'm sorry about your daughter and her problems. I'm very glad that you now have a car you will be able to count on for a long time. smile

I know payments really eat at a person, but, a lot of people have at least one, some have more. frown

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

I am sorry to hear about the problems your daughter is having.

While having payments can be intimidating, sometimes it is necessary.

Congratulations on the new (to you) car. At least you now have reliable transportation.

aaww, you guys are so kind, thanks for the thoughts about Mandy, but i only told that part of it because it was part of my day. She has had seizures since she was 3 years old, she is now 17. She was seizure free for 10 years and I had heard seizures could restart when puberty hits which is typical with Angelman Syndrome, but i guess i really didn't expect them to. So, it's just something we deal with, but usually not on a daily basis. Everyone has their trials and tribulations I guess

I am just amazed at how God works. Mandy's care provider (we call the provider "Big Mandy") was supposed to be in school but the freeway that morning just happened to be closed. It's the only time in four years that happened to where Big Mandy couldn't get to school and decided to go back home.

Thanks guys!

Archived