MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dad in Critical Care Unit now.

SueC

We were so pleased that Dad was allowed home from hospital on Tuesday, but less than 48 hours later his pulse was down to 33 and he is now in the critical care unit. Please pray for both my Mum and Dad - Avice and Ted, this is harder than before. Apparently they messed up his new medications.

Thanks

SueC[/size]

Apparently the hospital gave Dad a new drug. It is the preferred treatment for his heart condition, but if you cannot take it, the side effect is kidney failure. So this morning the news was that he has kidney failure as well as the heart problem. Needless to say this has been distressing news. Last report from Mum is that he is very groggy from every thing and she has asked me not to go up tonight but to take her up in the morning. The visiting hours are restricted in the mornings and only 2 family members can visit then, later in the day they allow other visitors but still only 2 at a time. I wasn't very with it for work. I explained to a couple of the partners what had happened and they both said that if I needed to leave early to just go. I needed it for me probably, but kept working as there really was not much I could do to help. I am so tired. Please keep praying, we all need it.

Thanks

Sue

Sometimes things happen and you just know that it is not the end. One of the pastors that has been visiting my Dad is very positive that it is not Dad's time to die. We are holding on to that. The good news is that he is on a saline drip and it is passing through the kidney, which would suggest that the damage was only short term. He is now having all medications withdrawn in an effort to detox him and then they will start a fresh with looking at what medication he needs. It has been a very stressful journey, we nearly lost him on Thursday - his pulse had droppped to below 30. The medical staff had a hard fight to help him recover. So for now we continue the fight on his behalf.

Thanks for the prayers, and please can I ask that you keep praying?

Sue

Sue

Of course you can, Sue! Thank you for keeping us updated on his condition. Prayers said this morning already!

Sometimes things happen and you just know that it is not the end. One of the pastors that has been visiting my Dad is very positive that it is not Dad's time to die. We are holding on to that. The good news is that he is on a saline drip and it is passing through the kidney, which would suggest that the damage was only short term. He is now having all medications withdrawn in an effort to detox him and then they will start a fresh with looking at what medication he needs. It has been a very stressful journey, we nearly lost him on Thursday - his pulse had droppped to below 30. The medical staff had a hard fight to help him recover. So for now we continue the fight on his behalf.

Sue

(((((((((Sue & Family)))))))))))))))

Praying headed your way from NC

SueC, I have been thinking about you so much lately hopeing you were not dealing with the big fire there and then I come on this thread that I had somehow missed. I have been in the place where you are with my own parents. I understand. You and your family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.

((((SueC))))

:bighug2:

Thanks everyone,

My Mum has been thinking of the account of Joshua on the hill watching a battle. When his hands were raised they were winning the battle, but when he tired and his hands lowered the battle went the other way. 2 men stood beside Joshua and held his hands high when Joshua tired and the battle was eventually won. She is likening it my Dad is tired and we have to raise the hands high for him.

Mother the fires are about 12 hours south of here, we have had no physical impact, but the nation is still in shock. The last count was 181 dead and 50 missing.

Sue, I'm glad you are safe from the fires. I am saddened by all the needless deaths though. Stay safe.

We will help you hold your Dad's hands up too.

Hugs

This week has had the ups and downs. One of the ups was that at work there was a box of affirmation cards - just 'feel good' cards, not specific for an occaision but something to say words of encouragment to someone. I took a handful up to my Dad, as he had mentioned that because he was unwell he had not had a chance to buy Mum a present or card for her birthday. He was so pleased that he had something special that he could write a note to Mum.

He is looking a lot better, the potassium levels are now normal, the ??? that were toxix are halved. There is a possibility also that he will be moved out of ICCU tomorrow and to a medical ward. Dad told me today that if he had been another 2 hours getting to the hospital they probably could not have reversed the damage. God is why my Dad is alive today. Prayer pulled him through that valley.

Thanks again, and thanks from my Dad - he really appreciates that people are praying.

Sue

Archived