MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dad in Critical Care Unit now.

SueC

According to the doctors Dad is still a very sick man. But we can see him regaining strength each day. So they are keeping him in ICCU for now. I think they got a fright and know that they didn't watch him properly and sent him too soon last time. So this time lots more care and being over careful. But that is ok, because they will make sure he has the right medication next time, and he gets to enjoy a private room! He managed today to get on and off the bed by himself and could walk unaided across the room. Time is a great healer, and with prayer we know he will continue to amaze the doctors.

Thanks again for the support, care and prayer.

Glad to hear he is feeling better! Be sure to have him take it easy, but the sooner he gets home, the better for his overall health. Will continue tokeep him in prayer.

:pray:

Another day and another report. I told Mum that I am finding it harder to report to the "boys" as there is not much to tell. She laughed. You see I have to report to my brothers how Dad is, because apparently Mum wont tell them everything. Well I choose what I tell them too! Like he is in Coronary care but it is actually the critical/intensive care unit. And yes he is still there. Twice the staff have suggested that he will be transfered to medical, but the cardiologist refuses to move him. They are trying to find a medication that he can take with out side affects. So they try something and he gets weak at the knees, today they halved the dose. still not good results. The interesting thing is that although I proabaly should be worried sick, I am not worried at all. I know that he is getting the best care where he is and I would prefer that he stayed there until things are better.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
We were so pleased that Dad was allowed home from hospital on Tuesday, but less than 48 hours later his pulse was down to 33 and he is now in the critical care unit. Please pray for both my Mum and Dad - Avice and Ted, this is harder than before. Apparently they messed up his new medications.

Thanks

SueC[/size]

Keeping you all in my prayers. :pray:

Archived