MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How to look like a sheeple while prepping like crazy

There sure are some inquisitive cashiers and neighbors out there -- the young kids don't seem to care about what is being purcahsed, but the adults seem to take note. Dh and I were at Wal-Mart getting groceries once, and the cashier asked if we only shopped once a month, because no one needs that much in just one week. Dh chimed in with 'my wife doesn't get out much' -- which is true, but also evoked sort of a 'where's your ankle bracelet' look from her :rolleyes: Anyhoo.... I've noticed that UPS and FedEx have started making comments about deliveries since I've been a lot from LDS and Honeyville -- I sure wish those boxes came unmarked! Neighbor across the street even asked about why I've been getting so much food delivered by FedEx and UPS -- I figured I'd stick with the 'don't get out much' since we only have one car -- again, true, but not the reason I get the stuff via UPS/FedEx. I've started wondering how many more folks have been taking note -- but, this is a very 'observant' neighbor though (she even told our landlord that I was wasting heat because i was running the ceiling fan in the winter ... now she had to really be snoopy to notice that for goodness sake :rolleyes: )

If/When SHTF, I would really worry about that "observant" neighbor. As for the comment about getting stuff delivered by UPS/FedEx, that neighbor won't know where the boxes come from so maybe gush "You wouldn't believe the great prices I have found on Amazon.com". Then go on about the bad economy or pay cuts, etc.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem with snoopy neighbors. :( We try to make sure anything we purchase is somewhat hidden in cloth bags or boxes so they at least can't see what it is. I have had one neighbor who's made a comment about our deliveries but there's not much I can do about that.

If/When SHTF, I would really worry about that "observant" neighbor. As for the comment about getting stuff delivered by UPS/FedEx, that neighbor won't know where the boxes come from so maybe gush "You wouldn't believe the great prices I have found on Amazon.com". Then go on about the bad economy or pay cuts, etc.

^SNIP^

Or just say, "That new boyfriend of mine! I just can't stop him from sending me all of these gifts! I'm sure you know how it is! How did you get yours to stop?" :nail:

^SNIP^

Or just say, "That new boyfriend of mine! I just can't stop him from sending me all of these gifts! I'm sure you know how it is! How did you get yours to stop?" :nail:

Oh, this could really be fun, since all my neighbors who know me, know I'm married with a LOT of kids...We'll celebrate 32 years March 6 :sheep:

I ordered some of the new #10 cans of prep stuff walmart has now and a stand of lard, etc...it came fedex in large brown UNMARKED boxes. It's good and it's lots cheaper than EE and the others that mark their stuff in bold letters on the boxes. Plus delivery is only .97 if you order 45.00 or more in stuff from them. It's not a bad deal all the way around. :shopping:

Q - who's glad to have a puter again

:hug3: Cat is glad to have "Q" again!!!! Missed you SO MUCH! Did I miss an update thread somewhere? :bighug2:

How to look "normal" while prepping like crazy....move to where people buy in bulk all the time LOL.

One thing I have noticed around here is people buy in bulk all the time. Right after we moved up here I saw one shopping cart and she had like 12 LARGE cans of coffee, 2 dozen bottles of ketchup and so on. The another shopping cart was loaded down with flour and sugar so I don't feel too out of place here.

Around here it is mostly construction people and oil field people and both jobs are feast or faminie so when it is feasting time people buy large quanities to get them though those lean times. They may not say they are "prepping" but they have the common sense to buy when they have the money for those times that they don't.

I ordered some of the new #10 cans of prep stuff walmart has now and a stand of lard, etc...it came fedex in large brown UNMARKED boxes. It's good and it's lots cheaper than EE and the others that mark their stuff in bold letters on the boxes. Plus delivery is only .97 if you order 45.00 or more in stuff from them. It's not a bad deal all the way around. :shopping:

Quilty is back YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sorely missed you!

Had a WM cashier ask us recently "somebody sure uses alot of Carmex"...my response..."just need to buy while we can, prices seem to go up every day and we're on a fixed income". Not another comment. Sams Club has never made any comments...except once when we purchased a case of BIC lighters. The lady said "oh my...I need to buy some like that! We're both smokers"...we didn't say a word (even though neither of us are smokers.

:laughkick: