MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

On The Road Again...

Annarchy

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

SENDINGPRAYERS-1.jpg for a safe trip there and home again.

Yes, it will be hard for you, I'm sorry it has to be this way, but, I'm sure she will be in good hands. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

The trip here went well. DB's & SIL's kept us entertained and got us settled in.

I slept really light waking continueously to every little sound. Morning came with Robins singing in every tree. DB4 had called and said he was on the way over. Mom got up and dressed but as she was eating breakfast she almost passed out telling me to call EMS. She had a reaction to the meds she was on.

I didn't have the house address or phone #, but the operator was patient with me and Mom was admitted to the hosp. DB4 arrived before the ambulance left and contacted DB1 & SIL.

They razzed me all day: :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Operator: ...what's your address?

Me: I don't know...

Operator: ...is it _____?

Me: Sounds right..?

Operator: ...what's your telephone #?

Me: I don't know...

Operator: ...is it _____?

Me: Sounds right....

Operator: OK, is this the "____" residence?

Me: Yes! definately!

Operator: Ok, we'll have someone out there in a few minutes..."

:misc-smiley-231:

LOL, that will teach me to make sure I bring Ph. #'s and addy's with me when I travel, even if I 'think' I won't need them. My SIL is a RN and I know mom will be in good hands. New state, new home, new doctors, and correct meds.

So, today, mom is supposed to be released and I should be home tonight.

I'm home safely with a heavy heart. Mom had another spell and the hospital said they doubted they would release her any time soon. They are doing a battery of tests to find out exactly what is going on. She is not doing well. With Mother's Day tomorrow, it tore me up to have to leave. :sad-smiley-012:

Mother is doing better now and since my SIL is a RN they are releasing her today. Their diagnosis is, she still had pneumonia and the medications she was given from her last hospital stay were reacting with each other. :shakinghead:

It was a relief to hear her spirit high and sounding like she is back to normal. I will continue to call her daily to cheer her and listen to her stories.

Trips to MIL's will continue and as time passes, will increase in duration.

Thank you all for you prayers.

I am ending this with hope that if you have to take care of your parents, you will look to God for strength, overlook the irritations and inconveniences and love them with unconditional love.

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

I'm glad your mom is doing better now, and that your SIL is a RN. This will be a great help to her.

I so agree with you about needing to look to God when taking care of parents. We had MIL with us for several years then she had to go to the nursing home. She has been gone going on 14 years now. It is or can be very trying at times that is for sure. But, with love and strength from God, we can all do it. He gives us the strength to do things we sometimes don't think we are able to do. Of course we are not able to do so much without His strength.

Please keep us updated.

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

Archived