MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Subj: DENZEL WASHINGTON

Trip

This may be common knowlage to most but I had not heard this, if you have good if not read on, sorry the pictures didn't come thru

Snoops say's it's true....

Subj: DENZEL WASHINGTON

Remember this next time you walk up to the ticket window of your local movie theater with $10 in your hand.

The Media (Accidently?) Missed this one!!!!

Please read this:

The troops oversees would like you to send it to everybody you know.

Subject: Denzel Washington, and Brooks Army Medical Center

Don't know whether you heard about this, but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio, Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States, especially burn victims.

There are some buildings there called "Fisher Houses". The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot.

The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

The question is - why do:

Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, and other Hollywood fluff make front page news with their ridiculous antics, and Denzel Washington's patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio?

A true American and friend to all in uniform!

This needs as wide a distribution as we can create. Share it!

Yes, you're right, ole buddy... it's true. Well, mostly. But the actual truth in NO WAY negates his actions... :)

As Snopes says it:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp

He didn't give enough for a whole "Fisher House", but gave a sizeable donation. The story of his donation was tied into a story of the opening of a new Fisher House, and so the stories were linked.

THIS is the way I wish "Hollywood" really behaved.

:wub: Just another reason to love Denzel... :0327:

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

thglitterthanks.gif for sharing this info with us. Sounds like he is a nice guy. :) I do like most of his movies, but, don't go out to the theater to see them, we wait until we can get a tape or DVD. :)

HUGS4-1.gifhaveanicedaydogandflowers.gif

• 3 months later...

I am proud to say that my brother and our nephew (an Iraq veteran) help support a Fisher House in San Diego, by playing guitars and singing for donations at a VFW near Los Angeles. They have become a news item, and folks turn out every weekend to listen to them sing & play, and donate to the cause.

God Bless Denzel and other Patriots like him.

• 1 month later...

this is my first post. I will post where I should to introduce myself, but I just wanted to say I am not surprised by Mr. Washington's actions. He has always seemed to me to be above most of Hollywood's stupidity.

Thank you for posting this. You are right, it needs to be told!

Archived