MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Would you eat this honey?

HannaLee

Yup. As long as it is clean and stored properly, I would have no problem using it. Honey from the time of the Egyptian Pharoahs was found to be edible. And it's got natural antibacterial properties that wouldn't be compromised.

Now, I probably wouldn't brag about its age to the family... :whistling:

oooh! raw honey! that would be so good for my allergies! I'd eat it in a heartbeat! raw honey is hard to find. I suppose I might be able to get it at a health food store, but I bet it'd be expensive.

Anybody have any idea what price for a pound of honey is? I saw a jug I think had like 6 lbs and it was over $20. I wasn't sure if that was a good price.

oooh! raw honey! that would be so good for my allergies! I'd eat it in a heartbeat! raw honey is hard to find. I suppose I might be able to get it at a health food store, but I bet it'd be expensive.

Anybody have any idea what price for a pound of honey is? I saw a jug I think had like 6 lbs and it was over $20. I wasn't sure if that was a good price.

Oink, it depends on the particular area and the apiary in question, but I know here cheapest i can find honey is $2.75/pound, which is j ust for clover or wildflower honey, and in 12 pound lots. Honeylocator.com is a useful site for finding local beekeepers

thank you etp777

I see theres one 45 mins from me! yay. Have to drop by one day when I'm out that way. thanx again!

Happy to help, esp as it seems to have worked well for you. :) Not many good options around here.

For others who can't find inexpensive honey around them through this site, look into Trader Joe's if you have one around you. They have their mesquite honey for 8.96/3 pounds. A nice flavor/quality to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived