MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
FunkyPioneer

Pattern Drafting

:P I am a proffesional pattern drafter and I thought maybe you all would like to learn how to draft your own patterns to make clothing? If you all are interested I will make some tutorials on video and teach you all the basics etc. What do you all think? :P Edited by FunkyPioneer

:P I am a proffesional pattern drafter and I thought maybe you all would like to learn how to draft your own patterns to make clothing? If you all are interested I will make some tutorials on video and teach you all the basics etc. What do you all think? :P

Yes !!! What a blessing this will be for us. Years ago I went to a short seminar on making patterns, but they wanted to sell us some plastic gadgets to make patterns with. I sort of remember some of it, but would be easier if we could have tutorials and how to draw our own patterns on paper by taking measurements.

Thanks so much for your offer.

An enthusiastic YES to your kind offer. :lol:

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Oh yes, this is so sweet of you to make this offer. :) This sounds like a great idea. :)

THANKYOUHAT.gif so much for the offer. :)

HUGS4-1.gifhaveanicedaydogandflowers.gif

Count me in! :) Thanks for offering.

:D My pleasure I am excited to help. I can teach bra's GirlNextDoor, but I think the basics should really be covered first. So my first lesson will be drafting you own pattern from your measurements. It will take me a couple days, but I will be back with PDF's and a tutorial. Edited by FunkyPioneer

YES YES YES!!!! :bouquet:

Thank you so very much for offering to teach us!!! I've always wanted to learn how to draft my own patterns!

You are an absolute doll for offering your know-how!!!!! :hug3:

I'm excited to learn! I've done some work making my own stuff but I always enjoy seeing how others put together lines and patterns. I can't wait! :bounce:

Yes! I learn well from video. It's far easier than trying to read through directions anymore. I would love whatever you post.

I would love to learn. I normally just try to copy an existing garment by spreading it on newspaper and drawing round the seams. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesnt.