MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Few Breaking Stories I'm Following on the Flu

ANewMe

http://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/hotne...-influenza.html

This article talks about new ways to treat flu. It's too long to cut and paste, but it summarizes cutting edge flu treatment research that is ongoing.

and at the same site,

05/19/2009 As of May 19, 40 countries have officially reported 9,830 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 74 deaths, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). For a breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases by country,

For confirmed cases of flu listed by country click here

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this on yahoo news:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090519/hl_nm/us_pneumonia_mrsa

Deadly pneumonia caused by super-bugs on rise: study

Reuters

A pneumonia patient is given oxygen treatment in San Pedro Sula Reuters – A girl suffering from pneumonia is given oxygen treatment at the Catarino Rivas Hospital in San Pedro …

Tue May 19, 7:08 pm ET

LONDON (Reuters) – Deadly pneumonia caused by so-called superbugs are spreading outside hospitals and represent a growing threat to the public, U.S. researchers warned on Wednesday.

Making the problem more worrying is the recent H1N1 flu outbreak because the "super-bug" pneumonia most commonly appears following an influenza-like illness, Alicia Hidron of the Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta reported.

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections can range from boils to more severe infections of the blood, lungs and the sites of surgery. Such infections can often be treated only with expensive intravenous antibiotics.

Most cases are associated with hospitals, nursing homes or other health care facilities but infections acquired in the wider community are increasing, the researcher noted.

"Community-acquired MRSA infections are no longer restricted to certain risk groups or to the geographic areas where outbreaks first occurred," they wrote in the journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.

"They now occur widely both in the community as well as health care facilities and have been reported on every continent."

As these superbugs spread in communities, more pneumonia cases are likely -- and the researchers said these may have mortality rates of more than 50 percent.

"However, the overall incidence of community-acquired MRSA pneumonia remains unknown," the researchers wrote.

In their analysis, Hidron and colleagues looked at two U.S. cases caused by a specific MRSA strain that is a culprit behind many superbug infections in the United States.

They reported the pneumonia usually features high fever and low blood pressure with rapid progression to septic shock -- a widespread infection that sends the whole body into a tailspin -- and an urgent need for mechanical ventilation.

The researchers said they do not know why community-acquired MRSA pneumonia appears so lethal but noted the bacteria that cause it are more susceptible to antibiotics than hospital-acquired infections.

"The best treatment of this ... disease has not been defined," they wrote.

(Reporting by Michael Kahn; Editing by Maggie Fox and Jon Hemming)

Virologist warns state health workers of second wave of swine

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7053053...-wave.html?pg=1

Another post from a member of another site that went to the ER but they would not test!!!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread457891/pg406

reply posted on 20-5-2009 @ 12:09 AM by amatrine

Just got back from ER with my daughter. She got worse, fever 102, throwing up, complaining she could not move her legs. I panicked. and took her in. They said she has flu but would not test her. They said they are packed with flu cases and that most are regular flu, and would not test her. Amazing!

The doctor said the hospital here is full and this time of year is normally dead.

They did get her fever down. She is 8 and never had a fever over 100 in her life before.

This is so unreported it is making me sick. The room was full of sick kids , some from her school. All SAME symptoms. But they wont test.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread457891/pg409

reply posted on 20-5-2009 @ 08:29 AM by ecoparity

5/20 Update

I'm sorry for the "teaser" post, I had made this post when the info came through and then remembered we have a couple of parents watching over sick kids and the last thing they needed at 3 a.m. was for me to make them even more afraid. I was just trying to fill in the post I'd already made and didn't think it would bother anyone.

The Doctors Speak Out

We've been reaching out to certain "key" Doctors to get the real, first hand intel from the front lines even going back to Doctors at the Clinicia in La Gloria and over the past few days, ER Doctors in hospitals we know are seeing infected patients.

The Doctors we talked to all had the same story to tell and it's not what we hoped to hear. In fact, the message hits a little close to home in my case.

1. The long time line arises once again

Patients all have same "nasty" cough but vary in seriousness of condition

Fevers are the exception, most have sub-normal temps

Body aches, some very severe

Many have been sick for over a month, the virus just keeps re-occurring in them.

Some are barely ill, they seem to have a "mild" infection

Most patients are past 48 hours and do not get Tamiflu

We are not allowed to test anyone except patients being hospitalized

(One Dr found they weren't even reporting cases for close to a month due to a mis comprehension of the CDC guide lines).

One Dr said patients he warns to quarantine themselves, avoid work and school laugh in his face and tell him they "can't do that".

Given the description of the long time line variant matches my own condition perfectly, I wanted to know what happens to these patients. The only response I was able to get was that so far, none of them are recovered from the virus. There is concern they will keep getting re-infected until they finally acquire pneumonia.

Since the virus seems to be "coming back" in my case I started Tamiflu within the first 24 hours and will see it through. My Dr contacts felt it was worth a try, that if the viral load in my system is low enough when the re-infection takes place it might knock it out.

The MRSA media blitz is the replacement for "underlying conditions". No doubt, 110% complete bull #

Some follow up questions are out, if we get a response I'll post a revised update.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread457891/pg411

reply posted on 20-5-2009 @ 12:08 PM by ecoparity

5/20 Update Part Two

Sorry, I fell asleep and missed the aftermath from part one but after reading some of the replies felt I need to clarify some issues which have been raised.

1. The Truth and The Truth According to the Press

There's a lot of anger focused on the Doctors for not speaking up and going to the press. This anger is completely justified in some ways. I won't even argue that fact but Doctors, Researchers and CDC Insiders have gone to the press. There are two reasons why we are not reading about a major scandal right now:

1. The press in the Western nations is completely controlled and no longer performs any function related to holding government accountable, period. It's a large corporate machine meant to influence the public. Anyone old enough to remember when journalist were not allowed to inject opinion into the news should know this.

2. Every Nation and State / Providence / Etc within them has been under a declared "state of emergency" since April. The press will do as they are told to do in order to avoid public panic. The press who know they are lying are told to do so under flag waving patriotism backed by threat of imprisonment.

2. Statistics of infected and deaths

Satan delights equally in statistics and in quoting scripture.... ~H.G. Wells, The Undying Fire

We've done a pretty fair job of tracking the instances of points shaving being done by the CDC and WHO and documenting why so I won't go back over that again. There's one critical fact no one can argue with now:

1. The CDC and WHO instructed Doctors to stop testing new cases weeks ago. In ER's only the people being put into a room to stay are being tested.

Even the CDC has no clue how many people are infected. They have some idea of how many deaths have occurred but as I related a week + ago there were a number of "unexplained deaths" early in this pandemic which were not tested. The virus can only be detected for 5 days or so after death easily. Beyond that genetic level analysis is required to find the virus' DNA. Bodies are being exhumed as needed right now and pathology samples re-examined but we will probably never be told about it in the press.

I've had a number of sources confirm that known flu deaths are being "covered up". The pattern of under-reporting this pandemic continues and will continue in order to protect all the people who have participated in it. We asked ourselves, as a group why the CDC would be hiding the real statistics from the government a few days ago. I now know why - "Plausible deniability". If the cover up becomes public knowledge and the press somehow manages to report on it and the public manages to point the finger at the correct culprits the CDC will take the blame in order to protect the President and other Federal offices.

3. What happens to the people who are infected?

In short, we don't know, yet. Based on the early infections who have gone past 1 month (I'm at one month, exactly as of today) it would seem most of them eventually recovered. Some developed secondary pneumonia and a few died.

In La Gloria, most of the town was sick for more than a month. Most of them developed "atypical pneumonia" and recovered. 3 infants died. A couple of weeks later in Mexico City people began hitting the ERs and I suspect they were either long term infected with pneumonia and short term infected suffering from the immune response "cyto storm". I think it was just a math problem, actually. Too many patients in need of resources (ventilators) without enough of them to go around.

Children are the "at risk" group

As we told you two weeks plus ago, the clinical attack rate (CAR) for children is 90% vs. an adult rate of 40-50%. This is the percentage of people who will get infected when exposed to the virus. Clearly, schools should have been closed a long time ago. If my children had this it was the very mild form, thank God. We're joining a very large group of parents who have decided to home school after this. Even the people who still believe what the media is telling them can see through the failure to protect our children.

3. MRSA and other "co-infection" threats

I have this from the best of sources. The entire MRSA press swarm is nothing more than a new excuse to explain deaths that is a lot easier to get past victim's families than the "underlying conditions" legend was.

We warned you a long, long time ago the "underlying conditions" line was going to be used to pacify the public and prevent fear / panic / economic disaster. Clearly, we were right.

The autopsies on the victims has shown a surprisingly low level of co-infection bacteria. They don't know why yet but there is not only zero evidence to support the MRSA threat, the evidence we do have points in the opposite direction.

The administration of the US and other nations are pretty much "all in" at this point. They have a huge scandal to keep covered and if that means flat out lying to the public then so be it.

Summary

So what now? If you or your family has had the flu and survived you can take some comfort in knowing you should have some amount of immunity from it and it's future mutations (though not all, unfortunately). School is about to end for the summer break in a couple of weeks. All you can do is try to avoid infection as much as possible, educate your kids on how to use the bottle of hand sanitizer you're making them carry and stress to them that even though they might not get sick they might cause someone else to. Like us, our children believe they are invulnerable.

More data as it comes in and I'll try to answer any direct questions anyone has while I'm still up and around for a bit.

13 yr old boy dies of swine in Arizona...(of course they say he had underlying medical conditions!!!)

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/293747.php

Family of swine flu victim angry with hospital

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6556065

Two Students in Miss schools infected....our numbers are rising

http://www.desototimes.com/articles/2009/0...7e916029330.txt

• 1 month later...

http://www.newsmax.com/us/us_med_swine_flu.../07/232976.html

Swine Flu Testing to Grow After Resistant U.S. Case

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 6:55 PM

ATLANTA -- U.S. health officials are stepping up testing of swine flu cases for Tamiflu resistance.

The action comes after an American teen was diagnosed with a resistant strain. The San Francisco teenager was diagnosed with swine flu last month after arriving in Hong Kong, and has since recovered.

Officials on Tuesday confirmed the 16-year-old lived in San Francisco and likely was infected in the United States.

She's just the third person in the world known to have a strain resistant to Tamiflu, the main weapon against swine flu.

http://www.newsmax.com/health/vaccine_swin.../07/232717.html

Vaccine May Be More Dangerous Than Swine Flu

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 9:54 AM

By: Dr. Russell Blaylock Article Font Size

An outbreak of swine flu occurred in Mexico this spring that eventually affected 4,910 Mexican citizens and resulted in 85 deaths. By the time it spread to the United States, the virus caused only mild cases of flu-like illness.

Thanks to air travel and the failure of public health officials to control travel from Mexico, the virus spread worldwide. Despite predictions of massive numbers of deaths and the arrival of doomsday, the virus has remained a relatively mild disease, something we know happens each year with flu epidemics.

Worldwide, there have only been 311 deaths out of 70,893 cases of swine flu. In the United States, 27,717 cases have resulted in 127 deaths. Every death is a tragedy, but such a low death rate should not be the basis of a draconian government policy.

It is helpful to recall that the Centers for Disease Control with the collusion of the media, constantly tell us that 36,000 people die from the flu each year, a figure that has been shown to be a lie. In this case, we are talking about 300 plus deaths for the entire world.

This virus continues to be an enigma for virologists. In the April 30, 2009 issue of Nature, a virologist was quoted as saying,“Where the he** it got all these genes from we don’t know.” Extensive analysis of the virus found that it contained the original 1918 H1N1 flu virus, the avian flu virus (bird flu), and two new H3N2 virus genes from Eurasia. Debate continues over the possibility that swine flu is a genetically engineered virus.

Naturally, vaccine manufacturers have been in a competitive battle to produce the first vaccine. The main contenders have been Baxter Pharmaceuticals and Novartis Pharmaceuticals, the latter of which recently acquired the scandal-ridden Chiron vaccine company. Both of these companies have had agreements with the World Health Organization to produce a pandemic vaccine.

The Baxter vaccine, called Celvapan, has had fast track approval. It uses a new vero cell technology, which utilizes cultured cells from the African green monkey. This same animal tissue transmits a number of vaccine-contaminating viruses, including the HIV virus.

The Baxter company has been associated with two deadly scandals. The first event occurred in 2006 when hemophiliac components were contaminated with HIV virus and injected in tens of thousands of people, including thousands of children. Baxter continued to release the HIV contaminated vaccine even after the contamination was known.

The second event occurred recently when it was discovered that Baxter had released a seasonal flu vaccine containing the bird flu virus, which would have produced a real world pandemic, to 18 countries. Fortunately, astute lab workers in the Czech Republic discovered the deadly combination and blew the whistle before a worldwide disaster was unleashed.

Despite these two deadly events, WHO maintains an agreement with Baxter Pharmaceuticals to produce the world’s pandemic vaccine.

Novartis, the second contender, also has an agreement with WHO for a pandemic vaccine. Novartis appears to have won the contract, since their vaccine is near completion. What is terrifying is that these pandemic vaccines contain ingredients, called immune adjuvants that a number of studies have shown cause devastating autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and lupus.

Animal studies using this adjuvant have found them to be deadly. A study using 14 guinea pigs found that when they were injected with the special adjuvant, only one animal survived. A repeat of the study found the same deadly outcome.

So, what is this deadly ingredient? It is called squalene, a type of oil. The Chiron company, maker of the deadly anthrax vaccine, makes an adjuvant called MF-59 which contains two main ingredients of concern—squalene and gp120. A number of studies have shown that squalene can trigger all of the above-mentioned autoimmune diseases when injected.

The MF-59 adjuvant has been used in several vaccines. These vaccines, including tetanus and diphtheria, are the same vaccines frequently associated with adverse reactions.

I reviewed a number of studies on this adjuvant and found something quite interesting. Several studies done on human test subjects found MF-59 to be a very safe immune adjuvant. But when I checked to see who did these studies, I found—to no surprise—that they were done by the Novartis Pharmaceutical Company and Chiron Pharmaceutical Company, which have merged. They were all published in “prestigious” medical journals. Also, to no surprise, a great number of studies done by independent laboratories and research institutions all found a strong link between MF-59 and autoimmune diseases.

Squalene in vaccines has been strongly linked to the Gulf War Syndrome. On August 1991, Anthony Principi, Secretary of Veterans Affairs admitted that soldiers vaccinated with the anthrax vaccine from 1990 to 1991 had an increased risk of 200 percent in developing the deadly disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also called Lou Gehrig’s disease. The soldiers also suffered from a number of debilitating and life-shortening diseases, such as polyarteritis nodosa, multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus, transverse myelitis (a neurological disorder caused by inflammation of the spinal cord), endocarditis (inflammation of the heart’s inner lining), optic neuritis with blindness and glomerulonephritis (a type of kidney disease).

The second ingredient, and one that greatly concerns me, is called gp120, a glycoprotein. Researchers found when it was mixed with squalene, the glycoprotein became strongly antigenic—that is, it produced a powerful and prolonged immune response to the vaccination. In fact, their studies show that with each dose, the intense immune reaction lasts over a year.

Now for the shocker—the glycoprotein-gp120, a major component of MF-59 vaccine adjuvant, is the same protein fragment isolated from the HIV virus that is responsible for the rapid dementia seen in AIDS patients.

Studies have shown that when gp120 is taken up by the microglia cells in the brain, it causes intense inflammation and makes the brain subject to excitotoxic damage—a process called immunoexcitotoxicity. This is also the cause of the MS and optic neuritis associated with vaccines that contain MF-59.

So, how would the gp120 get into the brain? Studies of other immune adjuvants using careful tracer techniques have shown that they routinely enter the brain following vaccination. What most people do not know, even the doctors who recommend the vaccines, is that most such studies by pharmaceutical companies observe the patients for only one to two weeks following vaccination—these types of reactions may take months or even years to manifest.

It is obvious that the vaccine manufacturers stand to make billions of dollars in profits from this WHO/government-promoted pandemic. Novartis, the maker of the new pandemic vaccine, recently announced that they would not give free vaccines to impoverished nations—everybody pays.

One must keep in mind that once the vaccine is injected, there is little you can do to protect yourself—at least by conventional medicine. It will mean a lifetime of crippling illness and early death.

There are much safer ways to protect oneself from this flu virus, such as higher doses of vitamin D3, selective immune enhancement using supplements, and a good diet.

I hope everyone is prepping....I have a feeling we are going to have a rough ride this Fall

Swine flu deaths in UK double as country now has third highest number of cases in the world

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...ases-world.html

Fall swine flu: Obama urges vigilance, not panic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_.../us_swine_flu_4

Swine flu shots at school: Bracing for fall return

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...SEs1hQD99B59G02

I hope everyone is prepping....I have a feeling we are going to have a rough ride this Fall

Swine flu deaths in UK double as country now has third highest number of cases in the world

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...ases-world.html

Fall swine flu: Obama urges vigilance, not panic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_.../us_swine_flu_4

Swine flu shots at school: Bracing for fall return

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...SEs1hQD99B59G02

I'm very glad that I'm student teaching at my childrens' school next fall. They will NOT be getting this vaccine. If it's a problem, they can stay home.

I'm very glad that I'm student teaching at my childrens' school next fall. They will NOT be getting this vaccine. If it's a problem, they can stay home.

I work for the school district and my kids are in the public school system. I don't know what I will do.....I don't want the vaccine nor do I want my children to be their guinea pigs. Until I can see that others are taking the vaccine with no problems...it's not an option...BUT...what do we do? Most of us have to work so we cant quit our jobs to be home with the kids?? :shrug::shrug:

I work for the school district and my kids are in the public school system. I don't know what I will do.....I don't want the vaccine nor do I want my children to be their guinea pigs. Until I can see that others are taking the vaccine with no problems...it's not an option...BUT...what do we do? Most of us have to work so we cant quit our jobs to be home with the kids?? :shrug::shrug:

I haven't thought it all the way through, yet. But, I know what you mean...I need to finish my student teaching to graduate and I wouldn't be able to stay home with my kids while I'm doing that. Hopefully God will provide an answer or solution before the time comes. :pray:

The article that Anewme posted is totally accurate. I have been digging around researching this whole topic and the use of the squalene and other oil additives IS dangerous. The interesting thing I learned so far is that studies in this country show it all to be safe. Studies done in other countries disagree.

The issues raised in the newsmax article are the strongest argument yet that I've seen to show that this vaccine may not be safe. It is a far more compelling argument than the threat of getting Guillian Barre Syndrome, which WAS a factor back in 1977 but is not seen as one now. (On the GBS issue, the studies here and the ones done abroad agree.)

The way these additives work is that they stimulate your T-cells to go into over drive, and then your autoimmune system often turns on itself. Fish oils and other oils used in these vaccines are safe to eat where they are broken down in digestion, but they don't belong injected directly in your bloodstream where your body sees them as a foreign substance and creates tons of antibodies--often too many. This triggers autoimmune diseases.

If anyone wants the myriad of links I have dug up on this, pm me. They are mostly to medical journal sites or medical news sites. I have tried to not include mainstream media or anti-vaccine sites, in an effort to keep bias out of the searching. Some of the articles are technical in nature.

Best I can find is that oil-based adjuvants has been "studied" since the late 1980's. It was not officially approved by then and the Department of Defense said adamantly that it had not used it in the anthrax vaccine that was alleged to trigger Gulf War Syndrome. In 1997, they insisted that it was impossible that squalene had been used but by 1999 they admitted it "could" have been.

Today the most common adjuvants for human use are aluminium hydroxide, aluminium phosphate and calcium phosphate. However, there are a number of other adjuvants based on oil emulsions, products from bacteria (their synthetic derivatives as well as liposomes) or gram-negative bacteria, endotoxins, cholesterol, fatty acids, aliphatic amines, paraffinic and vegetable oils. Recently, monophosphoryl lipid A, ISCOMs with Quil-A, and Syntex adjuvant formulations (SAFs) containing the threonyl derivative or muramyl dipeptide have been under consideration for use in human vaccines.

I just found this quote>>The FDA only approves adjuvants in combination with vaccines and does not approve adjuvants alone. Nevertheless, substantial investment in adjuvant technology continues as evidenced by patent application filings and by clinical studies. >>>http://www.patentlens.net/daisy/adjuvants/...vant_types.html

Still, everything I find says that Aluminum salts are the only adjuvants currently licensed foruse in the United States. Aluminum salts include aluminumhydroxide, aluminum phosphate, and potassium aluminum sulfate(alum). Aluminum-containing vaccines are prepared by adsorptionof antigens onto aluminum hydroxide or aluminum phosphate gelsor by precipitation of antigens in a solution of alum. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/112/6/1394/T3

These other types of adjuvants could be easily approved in the new flu vaccine if they believe these are necessary. The troubling thing with this is the lack of testing for safety in rushing out a vaccine. oil-based MF59 seems to be the adjuvant on track in the UK and in the US for quick approval. It has also been stockpiled in anticpiation of making vaccines for the novel H1N1 vaccine but nothing has been said for sure that IS going to be used. But the troubling thing here is that the research being done on this is being done by the companies that want to sell the vaccine..Chiron, Novartis and others.

The vaccine is manufactured separately from the adjuvant, and so far the only evidence that I can find that oil-based ones could be used is that reports ciruclate in the news that the companies contracted to make the new flu vaccine are stockpiling it. The more you dig into this subject, the more convoluted it gets....

The vaccine now being made doesn't have the adjuvant in it......but it could be added at the last minute. That's the best descpription I can find.

So the long answer leads us to this short one....When was squalene used in vaccines first? Never officially. But in clinical trials? Since the late 1980's.

Thanks, Judy. If the vaccine producing companies are stockpiling that type of stuff, its going to be used in making the vaccines. I had read ( I dont know where, a few days back, that the tests on the vaccine would start in early August. ( H1N1 flu vaccine.) So they will be testing it this summer, if that helps everyone to know that.

Archived