MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Could this virus be man made ??

CoM

My father is a doctor and this is his opinion, that it is man made. He said it is not following the pattern of a normal flu, its also showing DNA of human, avian,and swine flu which coudl only be labratory made. Kinda scary. I am planning to keep my kids home if it gets muchworse. They just announce a case of Swine flu in my area!!!!!!!!

That is a really interesting idea. Nowdays who knows ? Things are just totally chaotic. I am not sure who to trust anymore other than God.

All we can do is try the best to prepare for ourselves and our families.

I have a deep unsettling unrest in my heart about trusting what we see and read these days in the papers, online, and on the news.

I appreciate the opinion of your dad, Funky. Thank you for sharing that.

Funky, is your local case on the google map?

No it is not on the map and I just wathced the news where they said that the boy had it last week and has already recovered so that means that he was infecting people for a week without anyone noticiing. They shut down the school the little boy went to for 7 days.

The more I read, the more I agree that it is man-made. Dr. Mercola thinks this, as well, and gave a really good explanation about why he thinks so.

Who is in position to gain from this? The pharma companies that make flu meds, mask companies, medical in general.

A nice way to keep people in fear and "beg" for a dangerous vaccine that could be used to kill even more.

Could be, probably isn't...but who knows? If I were someone trying to spread a virus, I would do a better job at engineering it and having a higher death rate. Why not small pox?

I dunno...it does seem like it's a relatively minor flu for something engineered. And flu genes can combine as they pass from host to host. However, if it were a little "slip-up," who knows...it just doesn't seem to make sense that it would have started in Mexico City in that case, though. Sometimes Mother Nature is much stranger than man can ever be...in the end, we'll probably never know for sure. :shrug:

Well, maybe you folks missed

this... a story published in 2004, which has been now making the rounds:

Flashback:CDC to mix avian flu & Human Flu CDC to mix avian, human flu viruses in pandemic study

Robert Roos News Editor

Jan 14, 2004 (CIDRAP News) – One of the worst fears of infectious disease experts is that the H5N1 avian influenza virus now circulating in parts of Asia will combine with a human-adapted flu virus to create a deadly new flu virus that could spread around the world.

That could happen, scientists predict, if someone who is already infected with an ordinary flu virus contracts the avian virus at the same time. The avian virus has already caused at least 48 confirmed human illness cases in Asia, of which 35 have been fatal. The virus has shown little ability to spread from person to person, but the fear is that a hybrid could combine the killing power of the avian virus with the transmissibility of human flu viruses.

Now, rather than waiting to see if nature spawns such a hybrid, US scientists are planning to try to breed one themselves—in the name of preparedness.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will soon launch experiments designed to combine the H5N1 virus and human flu viruses and then see how the resulting hybrids affect animals. The goal is to assess the chances that such a "reassortant" virus will emerge and how dangerous it might be.

CDC officials confirmed the plans for the research as described recently in media reports, particularly in a Canadian Press (CP) story.

Two ways to make hybrids

The plans call for trying two methods to create hybrid viruses, CDC spokesman David Daigle told CIDRAP News via e-mail. One is to infect cells in a laboratory tissue culture with H5N1 and human flu viruses at the same time and then watch to see if they mix. For the human virus, investigators will use A (H3N2), the strain that has caused most human flu cases in recent years, according to the CP report.

The other method is reverse genetics—assembling a new virus with sets of genes from the H5N1 and H3N2 viruses. Reverse genetics has already been used to create H5N1 candidate vaccines in several laboratories, according to Daigle. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) said recently it would soon launch a clinical trial of one of those vaccines.

Of the two methods, the co-infection approach was described as slower and more laborious, though closer to what happens in nature.

Any viable viruses that emerge from these processes will be seeded into animals that are considered good models for testing how flu viruses behave in humans, according to Daigle. The aim will be to observe whether the animals get sick and whether infected animals can infect others.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has been "pleading" for laboratories to do this research, because it could provide some evidence to back up the agency's warnings about the risk of a flu pandemic, according to the CP report.

Klaus Stohr, head of the WHO's global influenza program, was quoted as saying that if none of the hybrids caused disease, the agency might be inclined to dial down its level of concern. But if the experiments produce highly transmissible and pathogenic viruses, the agency will be more worried, he said.

Safety precautions

Because of the obvious risks in creating viruses with the potential to spark a pandemic, the work will be done in a biosafety level 3 (BSL-3) laboratory at the CDC in Atlanta, Daigle told CIDRAP News.

"We recognize that there is concern by some over this type of work. This concern may be heightened by reports of recent lab exposures in other lab facilities," he said. "But CDC has an incredible record in lab safety and is taking very strict precautions."

Daigle said the US Department of Agriculture requires that highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) viruses be treated as "Select Agents" and that research on them must be done in BSL-3 labs with "enhancements." These include "special provisions to protect both laboratory workers and the environment."

BSL-3 is the second highest level of laboratory biosecurity. It is used for work with pathogens that may cause serious or potentially lethal disease if inhaled, such as tuberculosis or St. Louis encephalitis, according to the CDC.

CDC experiments with HPAI viruses have to pass reviews by the agency's Institutional Biosafety Committee and Animal Care and Use Committee, Daigle said. The facilities involved are inspected by the USDA and the CDC's Office of Safety and Health, and staff members who work with Select Agents require special clearance.

It's been done before

The upcoming experiments will not break entirely new ground for the CDC, the CP story revealed. The agency already has made hybrid viruses with H5N1 samples isolated from patients in Hong Kong in 1997, when the virus first caused human disease.

The results of that research have not yet been published, and the CDC has said little about them. In the CP report, Dr. Nancy Cox, head of the CDC's influenza branch, commented only, "Some gene combinations could be produced and others could not."

Daigle added little to that. He said, "The reassortment work with the 1997 isolate was intermittently interrupted with SARS [severe acute respiratory syndrome] and then the 2004 H5N1 outbreak. We are currently concentrating our efforts on understanding the pathogenicity of the 2004 strains (non-reassortants) in mammalian models."

He said the CDC hopes to prepare a report on that research "in the near future.">>>

And another similar experiment.....http://www.mapcruzin.com/news/swine-flu042709g.htm

This article explains that the CDC was mixing strains of avian, and human viruses in experiments in 2004. I lost the link, but also in that year, the CDC did the same "reassortment experiments" with swine, avian and human viruses.

I'm going out on a limb wearing my tin foil hat here...but it's possible that there is the smoking gun--and I'm not the first one to think of it. It's been in the news.

There's also that pig herd in Canada that has human genes in their DNA make up because of genetic engineering experiments to produce organ transplants from pigs.

Thus far, the only references to mixes of these genes is in experiments. So yes, it is entirely possible that these engineered viruses escaped to the point where they became viable and dangerous.....it is possible. But it may not be the case, either. This can also happen naturally and that's why the CDC was doing the experiments

Yet, if a bioterror attack and why Mexico? Because...more than 5,000 illegals cross our border every day from there. Easy. Start there...make it look like a natural epidemic rather than a targeted attack. Why bother with US security when you can just go to Mexico where things are a little more hectic and loose?

So far, most of the cases in the news have involved people who just got back from Mexico or who were with people who just came back..... So people are appearing to be infected with the same strain that is now just spread around. It's not like there are differing strains affecting people. (And when those samples are tested, they are able to tell if the virus is from the same source)

In Mexico, there are people who believe that a specific pig farm near Vera Cruz is responsible for this. People near it have complained for years about respiratory issues and illnesses downwind from it. So that is being investigated, too.

We may never learn if this is an engineered virus or not--at least I mean...we as the public might not be told. If it *is* then I don't think that info will be released. This may be something we learn much, much later, if true.

Yet, if a bioterror attack and why Mexico? Because...more than 5,000 illegals cross our border every day from there. Easy. Start there...make it look like a natural epidemic rather than a targeted attack. Why bother with US security when you can just go to Mexico where things are a little more hectic and loose?

My DH never goes near my tinfoil collection, so imagine my surprise when he popped out with the opinion that this was manufactured and released by Russia. :faint3:

The origin really doesn't matter at this point. We just need to be vigilant as the events unfold, and prepare accordingly.

If you will notice, the article is dated Jan of 2004. The first big discussions on a possible Avian Flu Pandemic came about in late 2005 or early 2006. Our family had it's first family and friends meeting about it in April 2006 after listening to a speaker from the University of Iowa who told us that it was extremely easy for a virus to "walk" out of a lab. Interestingly enough she kept saying when not if and at one point during questions she actually mentioned that she expected it to happen within at least three years. In retrospect we know her speech was right on for how and when a pandemic would start and take place.

That meeting was attended by only about 75 people but among them was the mayor of the town it was held in. That town started to establish a committee to prepare almost immediately after. The government sent money to all the states to help them prepare. Periodically there has been a round of advertising about the possibility of a pandemic and how to be prepared. The state of Iowa put out booklets on it and about that same time the Federal Government put up the Pandemicflu.gov site.

Do you think we were being told something?

As I said in a reply on another thread here, we can conjecture all we want but the fact is that even if it were man made, even if it were being manipulated or orchestrated, even if it's terrorists activity, even if it's an escape from a lab, even all those 'evens' doesn't make this thing any less serious for us and our families. Unless we can come up with information that would let us know exactly what we should be prepping against we need to be prepped for the worst and I don't mean just the flu.

There is much more to this issue as well. We also have to be thinking about whether or not we are going to be standing in line for a vaccine when it becomes available (It will you know, and probably sooner than they are suggesting if they have previous knowledge of the genetic makeup of this particular virus as we are conjecturing). This thread might give us some criteria to base that decision on. IF we believe the pandemic HAS been manipulated or purposely caused then we will need to look at the reasons behind it. We know that the government has experimented with its people in the past so we would have to weigh that against the possibility that they are doing so again. If we were to take the death rate seriously, even though we DO believe that this has been man made, then we would need to decide if it's worth the risk NOT to get it. If the vaccine were to become mandatory, well, then we will have to decide if we will defy the order and how.

The question I have about the possible vaccine is do we know what is in them? Is it really a swine flu vaccine? Does it contain any other vaccines or substances unrelated to the flu? Will everyone get the same substance or will they have one for the young, one for the healthy middle-aged group, and one for the infirm or unproductive?

Actually, I have a lot of questions about this flu but deep in my mind is the feeling of gratefulness that I heeded those first warnings years back and prepared. I will not let my skepticism keep me from realizing the possible consequences of NOT being prepared for this very real, albeit hopefully, possibly mild, disease.

Reading this thread with great interest.

:bighug2:

CDC is American made...... not Russian.

Well, we will find out how bad it will get, soon I think. Best to be ready to wait it out and tend to any who get sick in our families.

The situation with Google maps, is that it takes about a day to list the confirmed cases. There are already far more folks sick who are not confirmed due to the overall exposure rates. A couple hundred in NYC schools already and the MSM didnt report on NC flu , but its on Google, so its not all exactly being reported completely by any one news entity.

The students in NY were sent home, I think they have closed two more schools, one was in Manhattan, and are sanitizing things. It wont take long for this to really balloon now. So far its been very young people who are sick, when it reaches the adults, 20s,30s, 40s, then we may see people starting to die.

As to past flu vaccinations, they only are good for about 9 mos. Because this is such a complex strain we don't know what all it may do.

2% of the US population is 6 million folks in this country. It could be far worse than the avg. flu year regarding deaths.

As to it being manmade??? You betcha!

I will not be taking the vaccine, mandatory or not. I'll self quarantine first. I'm getting extra D3 vitamins and we will be taking those.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/print/51927

Published on ABS-CBN News Online Beta

Taiwan to mass produce swine flu vaccine

Taiwan to mass produce swine flu vaccine

By KD_suarez

Created 04/28/2009 - 19:24

[1]

Agence France-Presse | 04/28/2009 7:24 PM

TAIPEI - Taiwan said Tuesday it was planning to mass produce at least 200,000 doses of new vaccines against the strain of H1N1 flu virus suspected to have killed more than 150 people in Mexico.

The plan is part of a strategy unveiled by Health Minister Yeh Chin-chuan, who distinguished himself in Taiwan's campaign against the 2002-2003 outbreak of the deadly SARS virus.

Yeh said he had ordered the National Health Research Institutes (NHRI) to acquire the swine virus specimen from the United States.

"Once done, the government will start the vaccine-manufacturing process" at a pilot factory in the northern Chunan town, he said.

Shih Wen-yi, deputy director-general of Taiwan's Centres for Disease Control (CDC), said that "up to 200,000 doses of vaccine could be produced in three months at the earliest."

The first batch of the vaccine would be used doctors, nurses and officials conducting temperature checks at airports, he said.

A new, cell-based technology would be used rather than one using chicken eggs as a medium for cultivating vaccines, according to the NHRI.

No case of swine flu infection has been reported in Taiwan after health authorities late Monday cleared a 32-year-old man who had been hospitalised with fever after returning from Mexico.

Currently, the health authorities are giving priority to border health controls, requiring every airline passenger to be checked by thermal imaging equipment for signs of fever.

Health experts have warned that Taiwan could be hit by swine flu before winter sets in.

"The strain may mutate by that time and pose even greater challenges than SARS did," said Su Ih-jen, former chief of Taiwan's CDC.

SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, triggered a global crisis after emerging in China's southern Guangdong province in November 2002, infecting more than 8,000 people and killing almost 800 worldwide, including 349 in mainland China and 73 in Taiwan.

However, Taiwan's health minister Yeh called for calm in the face of the latest outbreak.

He said health authorities had stockpiled enough equipment and drugs, including 2.3 million doses of the anti-flu drugs Tamiflu and Relenza, as well as 50 million protective masks, to take on the swine flu threat.

as of 04/28/2009 7:24 PM

I have no doubt that this was manufactred. There are so many scenerios as to why.....keeping people occupied with something else while the economy implodes, realeasing a virus that can mutate to all farm animals-cows, pets, which can then infect owners, the fear factor to make people get vaccinated, I mean the list can go on and on.

Here in Utah they closed the first school district down today in Park City because 3 students became sick after visiting mexico. HUMMMMM Husband also came down with the flu 2 weeks ago and is still fighting it, son has a bad upper-respitory infection going on 3 weeks now, and I came down with symptoms of bad cold yesterday. Makes me wonder about all the chemtrails we had about a month ago. Heavy spraying then. I don't know....it seems like we're getting hit from all quarters now.

Other questions to ask ourselves and prepare for...those family "contingency plans". If your family were quarentined, could your breadwinners go to work? Who decides to quarentine? What would the consequences be of "sneaking" out to work?

I've heard that a vaccine was given in 1976 for Swine Flu, that caused neurological problems in several people.

It does sound like MOST people are recovering quickly from this illness. It's a shame we have to wonder what in the world our governments are doing.

I also have a polished-up tin foil hat!! No apologies! I've heard that SURVIVORS dare to 'think the unthinkable" and thus PREPARE and SURVIVE!! I am so grateful to find such a lovely group of foil-hatters..ti's good to e-talk!! And besides...(((( crazy people don't KNOW their crazy!! )))

I have wondered this myself, but I cannot help asking, "Why Mexico?"

Geeesh, I am feeling more & more like a conspiracy theorist....Why Mexico>???? Maybe because Obama was there? I distinctly remember seeing on tv that he was sick in Mexico...or "under the weather". Wish I could find that news clip.

Judy, I think you have got something there with your post. Now I really DO believe it was manufactured. We WILL quarantine ourselves this fall when flu season starts again. And we will go out as little as possible now just to cut down the risk factors. I don't like where this leads to in my little pea brain. Why release it now? Because the American people were close to revolting? Or, what are they planning on doing soon that would require them to have us all contained. It's like they are hollering "Look over here!" while they are doing something else over behind our backs while we aren't looking. This whole thing has my head spinning lol. Kinda feel like this... :twister3: So now I need to figure out a plan of action and get moving on it. Maybe fine tune a few things we have been planning for all this time.

Q

Like I said in another post in this forum, it's good to keep our hands on all the pulses. In the meantime, prepping for health threats such as this is critical to a well rounded prep plan, regardless of who or what started this swine threat. I think it's important to figure things out, but right now, the bulk of my energy is going towards getting the things I need, while I keep an eye out on all the facts/details behind this flu. I'm very careful to not expend too much energy on the emotional side. This is not the time to lose valuable strength on fear/anxiety/anger/etc. There's too much to do and I don't have enough hours, nor money, in the day, to get everything done in time.

Judy, I think you have got something there with your post. Now I really DO believe it was manufactured. >>

I'm not sure I believe it is manufactured. I just like to look at what could be and try to figure out what could be. It's part of being prepared to do that. However, you can't let it get to you or make you so worried that you are afraid to live your life. Even if it IS manufactured, that doesn't mean it was released deliberately, you do understand that? It's just that the virus has been created in a lab -- or attempted to be created in a lab--for experimental purposes some time ago. Perhaps it escaped somehow and has managed to go wild. Or maybe, what the CDC was worried about happening in nature DID. We just have no way of being certain based on the information available to us.

It's easy to get caught up in the maybes. For solid decisions, stick to what is actually happening, with what IS, not what could be.

Just keep an eye on all the stuff out there.

Prep. Pray. Be prudent.

Archived