MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Enough with the Swine Flu!!

Louis1

Smokescreen.

Here's a link from 2003, for gosh sake. Nearly 65,000 died from flu or flu-related causes in 1998-99. If I was willing to spend more than 5 minutes searching, I could post five dozen more.

This is not Captain Trips!! It is a mild flu strain. Yes, more die in Mexico than in the US. Other than cultural differences precluding as much close, personal contact on a day to day basis, Mexico is a Third World cesspool.

Smokescreen!!

This guy is fairly well known, he can put it into better perspective. Of course, many say he's a nutcase.

Thanks for the youtube, very interesting. Helped me process what is happening a bit more clearly in my own mind.

I have stocked up on some things that we will use anyway. I am paying attention to the reports. But, I kept thinking, what is this all about? What is going on , I mean really going on.

Who told that story about how the horses were tied down and made helpless and dependent upon their captors until their captors became their rescuers , in their eyes? I can't remember the source, but that story comes to mind with this.

Kind of like "Let's get you really scared and feeling really helpless so we can rescue you?"

Smokescreen.

Agreed. Since April 25th, there have been 57 different threads posted here on Mrs. S. Don't get me wrong, I've learned from some of the posts and purchased some herbal preps, but this seems over the top.

What is the smokescreen? What are we missing here? Is our gov't getting us ready for Marshall Law? Mandatory Vaccinations?, Keep us in our homes with the Lysol so we don't pay attention to the massive budget that just passed Congress? Government ownership of the banks and auto industries? Yesterday afternoon, in St. Louis, a group of 200 or so "tea party" protesters assembled on the streets to welcome Obama with their signs, early afternoon the flu threat level was raised to 5.

I don't know but something about this is just not right. Last week we were fine, this week a pandemic!!

OTOH....this IS how the 1918 flu began. There was much outcry about it not even being influenza "because it was so mild"........... and then....

It is a Watch & See game at this point. Viral tracking is tricky. Danged little microbes don't always follow logic. ;) Sometimes are stupid enough to wipe out their accomodating hosts, in fact.

But as for the political angle, :shrug: I personally don't care much at this point myself. If the 'worst' doesn't show, I can take this as a dress rehearsal on a topic I pretty much need to be forced to look at. 'Tis probably my Least Favorite Crisis. Since DH has been keeping a medical eye out on pandemic issues for over a decade now, I pretty much let him worry about it. ....He's concerned but also says Wait & See. Says it CAN do what they are saying....or aren't saying.

Make sure y'all know the basics of viruses....know the terms. You can read between the lines easier if you know what IS and IS NOT important to microbial "behavior"...if you'll pardon the term on unthinking bitty critters. Lotta hooey out there right now cuz people are not checking underlying basic science of this topic.

MtRider [meanwhile, passing the time with chocolate ---> :behindsofa: ]

Wellllll..... my dh says.... he thinks it would possibly work very well to push the universal health plan...to create or magnify an epidemic. I can see his point. <_<

On the other hand, I'm being more careful with germs and etc... I'll err on the side of over caution when it comes to something like this. And, if we don't need the tylenol and gingerale now, we'll use it later. B)

Well all I know is the "NEW" Health Secretary sure got approved fast, now didn't she?

None of the normal hearings or discussions. Isn't that convenient for her we had yet another "Emergency".

Wellllll..... my dh says.... he thinks it would possibly work very well to push the universal health plan...to create or magnify an epidemic. I can see his point. <_<

On the other hand, I'm being more careful with germs and etc... I'll err on the side of over caution when it comes to something like this. And, if we don't need the tylenol and gingerale now, we'll use it later. B)

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Did you forget to take your Geritol again today Louis? lol

I don't think it's healthy to state that 'the world is going to end tomorrow by swine flu' or 'this is all a hoax'. First of all, this is not normal flu season, so the fact that it is spreading so quickly puts up a red flag for me. If this is a political hearding of the masses towards their own end goals, then I'm grateful for the heads up. What I DO know for sure is that SOMEthing is up and any way I look at it, I need to keep my eye on it. I've been prepared for years for some different disease threats so I'm pretty much ready, with the exception of some freshening up of preps and adding a few more.

In 1998 I was a Y2K believer. Half way through 1999 I sensed that the potential for total collapse was ebbing. At midnight 1/1/00 I knew that we were going to be ok, but I never once regretted all the work and prepping I did over that year or so. I learned SO much back then...I accumulated SO much that has me today, in a very blessed position because I started prepping long ago.

Prepping isn't being ready for "A" event. Prepping is being ready for "whatever" unexpected lies ahead so that you don't get caught with your panties/boxers down. Worst case scenario right now is that this swine flue is as bad as it sometimes sounds. Best case scenario is that it'll end up nothing. BUT, the knowledge, experience and preps that many will accumulate along 'swine lane' will only be an asset in the future. This site is being innundated with new members who are newer to prepping. I sure hope they prep their hineys off and that this swine thing ends up fizzling away. It'll buy them a little time to get further ahead in their preps, because we both know that SOMEthing is coming that is going to leave us all having very bad days.

As far as RP goes, I like the guy, but he lost me in the first 60 seconds when he illustrated how he was RIGHT back in the 70's on the vote with the vaccinations. I'm grateful he was right back then, but he is NOT God, and he cannot look me in the eye and promise me today, that this is all 'much ado about nuffin'. I respect what he has to say and I add it to the bigger picture and discern the best I can, what I need to do to try to protect my family if things get bad.

Archived