MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Balance

lunamother

check it out.

makes alot of sense to me :bouquet:

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article22521.htm

http://informationclearinghouse.info/article22518.htm

we're still careful to not do stuff like lick the cart handles at the grocery store *~*

but we're not breaking out the surgical masks as accessories just yet :behindsofa:

...but we're not breaking out the surgical masks as accessories just yet...

By the same token, be careful not to accept *everything* that sounds "logical" as truth. There is already so much rumor and second-guessing and "fact" out there that it get confusing enough.

This source could be as suspect as others.

I don't believe everything the government puts out (ALWAYS have been this way... nothing to do with party politics!), and by that same thought process, I'll take these stories with a grain of salt, too. ;)

Thanks, lunamother!!

(If I had Trip with me, I wouldn't be afraid of any liddle, bitty germies, either!!!! :happy0203: )

:24:

oh, we're being careful- with Ward's health problems we've got a heightened sense of germitude anyway.

one thing I've learned (from Ward's doctors) is to NOT douse everything and everybody with anti-bacterials or 'germ killing' stuff. soap and water to wash bodies, line drying laundry in the sunshine and a TINY amount of bleach to clean (a few tablespoons per gallon- at MOST) do the trick without potentially harmful chemicals to us and allowing germs to build resistance to the same cleaners that are supposed to fight them.

I've made sure I've got a good supply of 'cold and flu season stuff', but we're not panicking or locking ourselves away from what we normally do.

'course, Alec doesn't go to school, we don't go to church, and we hate crowded places and cities, so there ya go :whistling:

From another site, a post dated Apr 30:

Regarding the swine (H1N1) virus, my sister is a science and technology policy advisor at the White House, and sent me an email about what they are doing (she said it is going to get worse):

Just a quick note as I know you are worried and concerned at home and for the kids. The H1N1 has now moved to Phase 5 – we are still a step under a global pandemic. We are not closing borders because the disease is already here and that won’t help at this point. About 78 schools have been closed, and there has been one death in the US (a 22 month old) but this child had come to Houston from Mexico City. We are still not sure how severe this is here at home.

We have PLENTY of antivirals to go around, and the FDA has approved both Tamiflu and Relenza for use in kids. We’ve already started moving the drugs from the national stockpile to individual states yesterday and today, including DC and TX, so treatments will be very close by should anyone catch the flu. Again, use common sense - all the regular rules for protecting yourself and your kids against seasonal flu apply. You can’t get this from eating pork! So don’t worry about that…

I’ll keep you updated as I know more.

Take care and wash your hands!

End of post.

Strangely enough, that sounded just like the info that the governent has already released. It says that she said it was going to get worse, I assume that was separately.

It would be nice to for once have some inside information but even a friend that works for the CDC is pretty much saying exactly what that sister just emailed, almost word for word in fact...Makes you wonder doesn't it. In the case of my friend, I know for a fact that she is not allowed to say anything different.

Thanks for the information though. We can use all we can get.

:bighug2:

Archived