MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I want to say Thank You...

ntjpm

I have been on Mrs.S for many years even though I only registered last year and and posted just a few times. (sorry about that) :D

But I just want to say a big giant THANK YOU :cele: to all of the Mrs S regulars who because of you when this lovely flu reared its head I was ready.

When the first case hit and then more and the 3rd death is in my town :yuk: , my first thought is not to panic but to review what I know. I calmly reviewed my plan and my supplies. Talked with my DH and children about what they needed to know and reminded them of what they had forgot. I was even able to help a friend with her plan because I was already ready. I did make one trip to Costco to replenish a few things that I was low on. BUT and here is the biggie (at least to me) I was ready medically. I know what to look for, I have the medications and herbs to help and I know how to handle it if one of my family members comes down with this.

I am even aware and have made everyone I know aware of the 2nd wave and am being very vigilant about it. In no way do I want this to happen but because of all of you lovely ladies I have a plan and know what to do when it does/did. This is the best feeling ever and I truly do not have enough words to say the THANK YOU that you deserve.

I pray that you are all safe throughout this ordeal and once again THANK YOU for all you do.

Tracy in WA

Tracy that is so sweet to say! I'm sure those who have shared so much about being ready for the flu in the flu clinic will appreciate the kind words!

Isn't it wonderful when we here of an impending disaster or crisis and we can face it calmly! :thumbs:

....and some folks think we are all pessimistic, doom&gloom, and hyper-anxious. Actually we are all a LOT calmer than someone who gets hit with a crisis without knowledge and preparation time.....aren't we!!! :grin:

Thanks for telling your story, Tracy. Hope you and yours stay well!

MtRider

Tracy, thank you for reminding us all that just because we don't always get a reply it doesn't mean that people are not reading and heeding. I, too, have found Mrs. S an invaluable resource and the members caring and helpful. It is just for these times that Mrs. S was born. (Thanks Darlene for giving her to us!)

:bighug2:

thank you Tracy, but... inquiring minds (mine) want to know what you went to Costco for.. I might need what you got!

toilet paper 11954230241286532474checkbox_ryan_lerch_03.svg.med.png

ROFL!!!

thank you Tracy, but... inquiring minds (mine) want to know what you went to Costco for.. I might need what you got!

toilet paper 11954230241286532474checkbox_ryan_lerch_03.svg.med.png

ROFL!!!

To funny. humm let's see I did pick up a couple more packages of TP and a package of paper towels. Extra bottles of water and some more anti bacterial wipes. And a few things like pop tarts and muffins for the kidos in case we had to stay at home and not leave. We are pretty set i just wanted a little more to make me feel better :) isn't it in our nature to always want more??? :lol:

pop tarts - make pie dough, cut into squares, put a small amount of preserves on the center, add a little flour.. a dash!, dip your finger in water and rub on one edge, fold dough in a triangle, half, what ever, and press down with a fork or pinch dough.... poke a few holes in the top with a fork.

Bake like a little pie.

When I go to Wal-Mart, I always wander over to the paper plate isle. They usually have great paper plates on sale because they have some holiday or what ever character is most popular on them.

I do need bottles of orange juice.. shelf stable and not refrigeratable. I would like to try True Orange if I can find it.

pop tarts - make pie dough, cut into squares, put a small amount of preserves on the center, add a little flour.. a dash!, dip your finger in water and rub on one edge, fold dough in a triangle, half, what ever, and press down with a fork or pinch dough.... poke a few holes in the top with a fork.

Bake like a little pie.

When I go to Wal-Mart, I always wander over to the paper plate isle. They usually have great paper plates on sale because they have some holiday or what ever character is most popular on them.

I do need bottles of orange juice.. shelf stable and not refrigeratable. I would like to try True Orange if I can find it.

Nice, I just might give that a try. They sound yummy :feedme: I wonder if you could partially cook and then freeze the homemade ones? Has any body tried it??? MY intention of buying them was to have something quick and easy. Like in case I get sick and my family still needed to eat :) My DH tries but last time I got sick he took the boys to Target to eat for Lunch and Dinner. FOR THREE DAYS IN A ROW!!!! I am trying to have easy things readily available for him since going out would be out of the question and he would actualy have to feed everyone.

Archived