MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

DoD Flu Watchboard

zophiel

I don't know if people were already aware of this resource, but I thought I'd share with y'all. The Department of Defence has a Pandemic Influenza Watchboard with news updates and information here: http://fhp.osd.mil/aiWatchboard/

I myself was not aware of it until yesterday, when the latest memo was released to every DoD agency, and from there to every employee. Together with mandatory refresher Flu training, they are certainly taking this seriously, and making sure that all DoD employees are taking it seriously as well.

Interesting to note, however, the difference between the WHO alert level and the DoD level-- I think because WHO is based on how wide-wpread a thing is, while the DoD is a combination of that and how lethal a virus is.

I haven't totally gone through the site yet, but I thought it may be of interest.

:americanflag:

(back to work for this little cog. . .)

Thankyou, zophiel, for letting us know about this resource. Please keep us updated here ok? I think we definitely should keep an eye on this flu situation and prep for it. It IS affecting folks, and it seems prudent to be prepared to deal with it as it reaches our communities and our own families as it mutates. There are quite a few of us that have 'underlying' chronic, often acute, conditions that can make us more vulnerable. Any resources and information we can gather is important!

thank you, hadn't seen that before. Makes sense that the department of defense would be keeping watch since *it* could easily be bio-terrorism.

I will be looking at it in more depth when I have my homework done!

Archived