MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Shop Now for Flu Stuffies

westbrook

Now that the flu is no longer the top story...

get your flu stuffies now!

now is the time to start your list, carry it with you and pick up stuffies on your list and you shop!

While Masks may still be scarce as they are manufacturing more and getting them to the stores... you need to keep looking every time you shop. The easiest way is to attach your flu needs list to your regular shopping list.

This or other flu's may be really bad come Fall, if the news hypes it as it did this time... you may be caught with your pants down.

Most of what you buy can be put away for many years... thinking a stethoscope, thermometer, blood pressure cuff... which by the way, we all should have anyway!

Having a bag to give enema's to rehydrate someone, plastic to create a sterile field, gloves, masks, all of these items will last years! I use my rubber gloves to cut hot peppers <wink> my way of rotating them! LOL!

seriously, start gathering those things you need now!

Yep. Prices coming back down on N95's. Don't pay ridulous prices for these. Aubuchon Hardware, 3M 8000 Particle Respirator. $15.99/30-Pack. About 50 cents each. If you don't need them for flu, may not hurt to stock a few for woodworking/sanding, painting, spring yard work for those allergic to tree pollens etc...

Here the link from amazon dot com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GUP7X...nt&v=glance

I read at another webiste (sorry lost everything when my laptop crashed and needs to see PC dr), that there will be three waves. After each wave the flu will seem to ebb but come back again. The 'Bods' are worried that it will be like the 1918 Pandemic where it came back stronger in the Winter months.

Check out Ebay as well.

Luckily as my Dads be seen by the local District Nurses in the last year, we already have a lot of supplies, but I still have more on my list.

Thanks for the heads up.

Westbrook, what an excellent reminder for everyone.

I love the idea of keeping your "flu list" with you each time you go shopping, just like our regular stockpiling, having that list and picking up a few items each time will be much more doable for most people.

During the summer months when alot of the sheeple will be going on their merry way and have forgotten about it :whistling: , we can continue to stock & get better prepared for the next wave.

Michelle in middle Tennessee

Guest Elder

now is the time to start your list, carry it with you and pick up stuffies on your list and you shop!

While Masks may still be scarce as they are manufacturing more and getting them to the stores... you need to keep looking every time you shop. The easiest way is to attach your flu needs list to your regular shopping list.

This or other flu's may be really bad come Fall, if the news hypes it as it did this time... you may be caught with your pants down.

Most of what you buy can be put away for many years... thinking a stethoscope, thermometer, blood pressure cuff... which by the way, we all should have anyway!

Having a bag to give enema's to rehydrate someone, plastic to create a sterile field, gloves, masks, all of these items will last years! I use my rubber gloves to cut hot peppers <wink> my way of rotating them! LOL!

Yep, its just part of the first aid kit, as far as I am concerned. I was not able to get the OTC stuff thats really good for fighting viruses and that will be something I try and get next month once I am paid again.... it's an ongoing thing for me since my money is metered out to me each month and I still have other big prep items I am trying to get along with food and materials each month for prepping as well as regular eating month to month. So, it is vital for me to continue gathering things. I also think it would be handy to have it on hand in quantities by the Fall, certainly to help a needy neighbor. I also know I have auto immune stuff ( rheumatalogical and asthma and a propensity to get bronchitis), so it may well be quite vital for my preps to be available. These days I really have cut down on public trips, as it is spreading quickly and also mutating. We have cases in the next county and other places not an hour away now, so I am trying to avoid getting it, in the first place. It very well may already be in my county. So I do things at home to keep myself busy.

All the cleaning supplies and such that are good for getting rid of surface germs, being set up to do plastic isolation stuff, it all takes the things necessary, so this is only partly done, but those are part of my preps, trying to be ready for if it or another illness becomes a true scourge.

Basic nutrition to build the immune system, well rounded diet and not eating junk that weakens the body's immune system and being good about washing hands and face and surfaces also goes a long way in combating such a thing and its wise to keep on top of it, and usually easy to do. It just means being maybe a bit more caring and attention maybe than some of us might think about. It might be just another 15 or 20 mins a day, in reality, and its very worth it, because of the effects it gives us. A decent amount of sleep makes a huge difference for me, and I struggle to keep it regular in hours... sleep truly can restore.

Guest Elder

Ref: Flu Needs & Shopping:

There is a product called Monolaurin 600 mg which seems to kill most forms of virus. it is available thru internet comparason sites like Google Shopping, Yahoo Shopping & NexTag. the price varies by retailer. (suggestion: at the comparison shopping site, select listing "from lowesr price to highest").

It has ben found effective against many viruses, including Influenza, Herpies (1&2), Epstein Barr and Cytomegalovirus among others. It is also considered safer than many food supplements for boosting the immune system and is on the Generally Recognized as safe (GRAS) list.

I already bought 3 & I will be buying more.

Elder

Is Sambucol still recommended for the flu like this one? Does the stuff really work?

Ref: Flu Needs & Shopping:

There is a product called Monolaurin 600 mg which seems to kill most forms of virus. it is available thru internet comparason sites like Google Shopping, Yahoo Shopping & NexTag. the price varies by retailer. (suggestion: at the comparison shopping site, select listing "from lowesr price to highest").

It has ben found effective against many viruses, including Influenza, Herpies (1&2), Epstein Barr and Cytomegalovirus among others. It is also considered safer than many food supplements for boosting the immune system and is on the Generally Recognized as safe (GRAS) list.

I already bought 3 & I will be buying more.

Elder

I need to get some of this. I have (luckily not in a few years) Epstein Barr attacks. The last one was an "acute attack" and it is not pretty.

Hi Cootie,

There is a controversy over whether or not Sambucol is good for this kind of flu (H1N1). I would stay on the safe side and not use it. It is great for normal human flu. But not with H1N1 or H5N1 flu's. An Alternative doctor recommended a site (below) to me that explains why you might not want to use it. It talks about the controversy and gives some suggestions of other natural supplements you can use instead of Sambucol. I'll let the article explain it all to you. The thing that is potentially dangerous with this strain of flu, like the 1918 flu, is what is called a Cytokine Storm. Here is the article. It is long, but I suggest reading it all. To read the Sambucol section, you have to scroll down to Elderberry/Sambucol:

http://www.med-owl.com/health/H5N1-Virus-Therapy.html

I hope this helps you.

Catmint

I have elderberries all over my place.. I gather them and make syrup, jam, wine! gotta do something with them.

Yes it works well on the flu.. swine? avian? it is better to have it and not use it then not have it and need it!

always do your own research.

one herb I mention from time to time that gets ignored is Boneset.

http://www.planetbotanic.ca/fact_sheets/boneset.htm

http://www.herbco.com/c-158-boneset.aspx

as with all herbs, do your own research!!!

Thank you for the links Westbrook! I just added Boneset to my list of herbs and supplements to stock up on and study for the flu. I also have Elderberry syrup in my pantry and have used it many times. I agree with you 100% to be sure to do your own research. I am collecting books on herbs to add to my nutritional book collection and plan on starting an herb garden soon.

I will be adding more Sambucol to my pantry, though I will not be using it for H1N1. The controversy is there and like you said, each person will have to do their own research and decide for themselves. I decided not to use it for H1N1 after doing my own research and after I contacted an alternative doctor that had written a book on the flu. He covers the 1918 pandemic and discusses the homepathic information that Nana also mentions in her excellent post "$25 WEEKLY PREP LIST FOR FLU AND FIRST AID HOME TREATMENTS" in this flu forum. I have not read his book yet, but I respected what I had read elsewhere and decided to contact him to ask his opinion on the controversy. This is his book:

http://www.amazon.com/Flu-Alternative-Trea...2690&sr=1-1

He recommends curcumin, scutellaria, resveratrol and n-acetyl cysteine for cytokine storm. I haven't seen this information on his website though, so I don't know when he will update it.

I also suggest people do their research on Vitamin D 3 and stock up on it for next fall and winter. I have read in my research that the main reason we get the flu during the winter months is because people are low in Vitamin D.

Thank you again Westbrook, for the information and links.

Catmint

Archived