A good friend sent this to me because she is a friend-passing it on to others

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

HA! I make these several times a month.

I just finished DD's half as a bedtime snack. I skip the oil, as our hen's eggs are quite large.

This is good! I've made it several times in the past but had to back off as I like chocolate cake a little TOO well! It does make enough for 2 servings...one right after the other!

• 2 years later...

There would be no reason to not just leave out the chocolate and add more vanilla. That or any other kind of extract you wanted. You could also add some powdered instant drink mix, like Tang, I would think. Lemonade mix for lemon.

I like the lemonade mix - that would make a great tasting cake with a bit of icing on top (and a birthday candle!) :thumbs:

would almond flavoring be good? Mint and such are available too in extracts.

Ya all would have to post this.....lol. actually it really is a convenience to know it though. Thanks. A uummy one!

Smaller mugs might reduce the tempatation to eat too much at once too. Baking time should still be around 3 mins if you split into two smaller mugs?

OK, here we go..........................

I 'baked' 2 cakes last night! - LOL

As a surprize for Lori I made them for dessert after our fish fry and they were not bad.

** 2 cakes in less the ten minutes! ** come on where can you do THAT!

Here's what I did.....................

Instead of using a coffe mug (you said they may spill over the top?) I made them in a glass 2 cup measuring cup!

WORKED great and they came right out into glass dessert bowls (top part down as it was 'drier') - "looks so pretty" says Lori.

OK, I made the chocolate one first but couldn't find the coco powder so put in liquad chocolate drink mix (2 tablespoons) instead? when it was done still had some not mixed in so it "ooozed" out like a volcano! (Lori liked that past) so it had it own topping!

For mine I made a leamonaide cake (I put in 2 tablesponns of dry mix) but next time 1 would do as it was really lemony - but still OK

Just make sure you mix them up well before cooking.

I also had to 'cook' mine another minute as they still looks 'wet' when I first took them out of micowave? Lori was surprized I even remembered how to use the thing? I don't micowave food- LOL

So next we will try add hazelnut coffee powder and other things to make differant cakes?

BUT this was FUN! and we both had cake for desert - OH , and no leftovers! - LOL

So if you are NOT making as a gift use the measureing cup (no spilling) and then dump them over in to a glass bowl, put on some topping and serve - loks like one that you would see in a fancy cooking magazine! :feedme:

:AmishMichael2:

Archived