MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayer request

I am relatively new to Mrs S, mostly a reader, but am very grateful for this forum. It is a comfort and encouragement to know that you all are out there, and are sisters in a real way.

My husband was treated for a very aggressive cancer 3 years ago. He is 71years old. His treatment, though severe, was "successful". There is, however, suspicion that it has metastasized. He will find out June 9. I am praying for his spiritual growth and healing, and for his physical healing. God's will be done!! I also need prayer that I will be pleasing to God in my relationship with my husband. I want to be loving and patient and comforting, and at times it is only by the grace of God that I can do it, and I don't always succeed!! Thanks for being here. Cathy

((((((Cathy))))) I will join my sisters in fervent prayer for your DH. Our God is mighty to save! (Matt. 16:19)

I'm so glad you found us. Keep us updated and share often, no matter the mood....you've got caring support system here!

Cathy,

Our hearts are all joined together with yours, and with the beating heart of our loving, merciful and living Christ.

We know that our prayers for you and your DH are pleasing to God! May the peace that trancends all understanding be yours.

May this place continue to be a safe place for you, and a rich blessing.

... Big warm hugs, sister.

I'm just seeing this today, had a very busy day yesterday and not online much.

I am honored to have the opportunity to join you praying and expecting God to move in a mighty way. :pray:

I am so blessed reading all of the kind words and tremendous support from those who have already posted. :grouphug:

GM, I noticed the scripture that you have cited underneath your post found in Philippians. I recently saw how that scripture was written in the Amplified Bible and it was very touching to me...it shares:

"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

I found the "shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts" to be such a moving expression...

Anyway...

Heavenly Father,

This morning I lift up Cathy and her husband before Your Holy Throne and ask for Your intervention in their lives in a variety of ways. It's easy to see that Cathy's heart is focused and dependent upon You because her desire to to be the woman that You created her to be...to serve her husband faithfully and in a manner that glorifies her Heavenly Father, being a walking testimony to her faith and love in her Savior Jesus. I pray Father, that You would increase her faith to make it through the days ahead. I pray Father that Your Spirit would pour into her heart and mind in abundance, guiding her, directing her, counseling her, calming her.

With her husband, I pray Father that You would do the same...that Your Spirit would just flow over his mind and heart too, giving him strength and peace to face the days ahead. Camp Your warring guardian angels about this family Father because the enemy's attacks are increasing and pressing deeper. We know that we're nothing more than ragdolls in his hands alone, but with You, You alone are God, You are in control of all things. May they both find refuge as You state in Your Word:

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust."

Just writing that scripture out in this prayer Father, even fills me with Your peace and safety knowing that You are God, we belong to You, and we can trust and count on You.

In Jesus Name I pray,

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. I thank you so very much for your prayers and concern even though you don't know us! How truly "walking the Walk", and what great evidence of the Spirit of the Living God within you :>).

I love the way God comforts through His children! Even though we don't know the outcome of today's tests yet, I feel His peace. He knows. He has a plan and a purpose. His will be done!

Coming back atcha with prayers for your continued wisdom and peace. This is the day the Lord has made...I WILL rejoice and be glad in it! Cathy

Well, it looks very likely that my husband has metastatic lung cancer (the original cancer lurked in his body and popped up in his lungs). There is a Chest Group who will review the scans thursday, and will make recommendations. He is to have a core biopsy in a couple of weeks, possibly sooner. This is a very difficult time. His grace is sufficient. (gulp)!!

God bless you and keep you. I covet your continuing prayers. Thank you. Cathy

I'm so sorry that this is happening! You can count on my continued prayers! :pray:

Take this one step at a time, lean heavily on your VERY capable Heavenly Father, expect miracles, hang on to hope and please keep us updated when you can so that we can pray more specifically.

:hug3:

I'm so sorry that this is happening! You can count on my continued prayers! :pray:

Take this one step at a time, lean heavily on your VERY capable Heavenly Father, expect miracles, hang on to hope and please keep us updated when you can so that we can pray more specifically.

:hug3:

Thank you, Stephanie. I am encouraged by messages today on christian radio, esp. James MacDonald who is doing a series on faith and fear, and how fear cannot stay in the presence of our praise and magnifying God! He is so good, and HIs timing is perfect.

The details as I know them so far are that my husband had cancer of the esophagus, diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago. He was treated at City of Hope in CA and although this is historically a deadly cancer, he has lived past the time they expected. They removed his esophagus and a lot of other stuff. We are very grateful for these extra years! Recently he has had trouble with labored breathing with exertion, and lost a bit of weight that he could ill afford to lose. He's been followed regularly by his MD at COH, and so they have scans to compare with. The radiologist would not give a definite diagnosis, but said the findings are suspicious for metastatic lung cancer. The MD was sort of non-commital, waiting for the chest group concensus, and the biopsy, but we know him pretty well by now, and as he left he put his arm around my husband and said, I'm sorry, Gene. He has told us all along that this cancer usually does come back, in the lungs or liver, and survival rate is very low. We've been living with the possibility, but it is still a shock.

We are praying and hoping for a reprieve, and we do know that God has numbered our days. Husband will live out all the days alloted to him, to accomplish God's purpose for his life. I know I can trust God...He has been our help all along. It is still hard, and I pray for this cup to pass unless it is HIS will. I so appreciate your concern and support. It truly does help so much.

We should hear about the findings of the chest group tomorrow. We are hoping to get some hope! Cathy

My heart hurts for you, I can't imagine the emotional upheaval that you are feeling and facing. :hug3:

Feel free to vent here as much as you want, we'll not only pray, we'll also give you a shoulder to cry on. :pray:

Husband will live out all the days alloted to him, to accomplish God's purpose for his life. I know I can trust God...He has been our help all along. It is still hard, and I pray for this cup to pass unless it is HIS will.

pscathy, I'm so sorry to hear of this. You are looking in the right direction for your Help. Remember that no matter what tests/docs/etc says....GOD is in control. He can do anything within HIS Plans. My dh was brain-dead and......was sent back anyway. Nearly two decades later, he's still a chiropractor running a business. The docs at that hospital call him "Lazarus". So yes, we know it's possible for God to choose to alter the expected route and let the cup pass. OTOH, my brother buried his fiance and raised her 10 yr old daughter. This terrific young gal gratuates high school in two weeks.

Why HE chooses continued earthly life for one and graduation to heaven for another.... :shrug: Only HE can know. Yes! Trust HIS ways.....thru tears of sorrow or joy. :grouphug: We'll keep praying you thru this.

MtRider :pray: