MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Stephanie

Food Storage Containers

Hey y'all! :wave:

I've been looking for some air tight dog food storage containers and found these at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Iris-Airtight-30-Qua...3369&sr=8-2

In the reviews some people say they are using this for "people" food, dry beans, flour, etc...

How do I know that this is food grade?

There's a similar food storage container by the same folks that specifies FDA approved....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

But, it holds a lot less food and it doesn't have the wheels.

If the larger (pet food) size would work for rice and beans, etc... That would be really cool, but I want to be sure. Besides, it's on the *buy3get4* deal and free shipping too.

Thanks for any insight!

Thank you so much for posting that!! I've been looking for something to store charcoal, dog food, fabric, games..so many things! The high humidity here is eventual death to most things so I try to store everything in rubbermaid totes or some type container. Being able to see what is inside and the wheels make these perfect for storage! I'm not sure about storing food in them but even if they can't be used for that, I have a million other things I can use them for! I just ordered 4...thank you!! :cheer: If you order some, be sure and pick the super saver shipping...otherwise my shipping would've been $25 and some change! :faint3:

I bought a couple of the containers on the first amazon link and LOVE them. I saw at church camp that the church across from us used them for their sugar and flour and thats what I use them for. My tractor supply place had them on sale for $10 and I got a couple of them. I can roll them in and out of my pantry whenever I need them and they hold the large bags of sugar and flour that I get at Sams.

Blessings,

BB

Thanks y'all, I just ordered 4 of these, with the 4for3 deal that made them 11.99 a piece and no tax and no shipping.

If they work as well as I'm thinking they will, I'll probably order more. :)

If you visit their website, Iris USA, Inc most of the item descriptions state product info coming soon. I recommend contacting them directly with your question. Contact info is listed on their website. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.