MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LadySnow

Possible Raspberry Bush problem?

Okay everyone...I have a question. We have never tried planting any type of berry bush. A few weeks ago we purchased 3 raspberry bushes from the local greenhouse. One looks okay but two ...most of the leaves are yellow and some are browning around the edges. What are we doing wrong...what do we need to do.....is this something we can even fix. Any advice is appreciated. This is our first time attempting anything like this. :rolleyes:

My first though is transplant shock. Do you know if they were hardened off? If not could be sunburn. have you kept the soil (and hence the roots) very wet so that they root well?

I'm no pro by any means, but when we planted our raspberry and blackberry bushes, I put potting soil in the bottom of the hole we dug & then again around the edges once we filled the hole in with the original dirt we dug out. We barely broke the root systems when we planted, we just "tickled" them a bit. Then we watered BY HAND at the bottom of the plant until they took off, then they got watered like the rest of our garden. Don't know if this will help or not, but it's how we did it. Might try some potting soil around the edges of the plants & then water them by hand. I'd probably trim off the browning leaves though. I imagine others around here have alot more experience than we do.