MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Flu

S.K.

i remember reading on her that someone thought that them and there family might of had the swine flu. but was told that they no longer where testing for it unless you wind up in the hospital. i was woundering what your symptoms where .

If someone would be kind and post that topic link here i would be so thankful. i tried to do a search but could not fnd it.

thanks

thanks so much for the help.

my husband has a fever last night of 101.? body aches

today he says his throat hurts and that seems to be the only syptoms

i started this afternooon and am giving him oscillococcinum

So sorry to hear about you DH, S.K....hope that he feels better soon and that you don't get it. Be cautious, but look on the bright side if it is Swine it could be a good thing since most seem to only have it mild because it would mean he had already been exposed and maybe built up some antibodies by our actual flu season. :bouquet:

My DH has been sick since last Wednesday night with "a non-specific non-viral influenza". The doctor tested him for H1N1 on Thursday and it was negative. The doctor is calling DH illness "non-specific non-viral flu". DH has all classic flu type symptoms and is a regular old grouchybutt. I am keeping him home from work again today since he still has a fever. He is on heavy duty antibiotics.

Non viral influenza? I thought flu was, by definition, a virus...that's interesting! LOL I'll have to google that one!

I hope that his antibiotics kick in soon and he stops being grouchy... ;)

my husband is feeling better i called the DR. to see if they would give him lab work for him to see if they would check to see if it was Lyme disease they said no he had to come in. all my Dr. wanted was the money.

i do think know that it was some kind of virus

my husband started last Tuesday, spent all weekend in bed. yesterday was feeling better went to work and came home by evening he started to feel bad again.

last year in March me and all 6 of my kids had the flu bad ( hubby never got it he was working nights) it took me over a month to feel better.

Some more stories of what it's like to have Swine Flu. I'm really not looking forward to this whole thing. I have 4 small children (youngest is just 4 months old) and a diabetic husband. This flu could be disastrous for us. I'm trying to be as aware -- and as prepared -- as possible.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle6722264.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ll-stories.html

An article re: H1N1 - well worth consideration imo.

About the Author:

James Wesley, Rawles is a former U.S. Army Intelligence officer and a noted author and lecturer on survival and preparedness topics. He is the author of "Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse" and is the editor of SurvivalBlog.com--the popular daily web journal for prepared individuals living in uncertain times.

Article at link below:

http://www.survivalblog.com/asianflu.html

We have flu in the house. One of the boys is curled up in bed with a fever and mild to severe bodily aches. The plan is to get him to the doctor tomorrow for testing. No, he's not insured. Also, I've developed a cough and mild fever. We're both on oscillo and everyone in the house is on large doses of C. Is there another name for Vitamin D3 that store clerks might be familiar with?

Good news: I don't have flu.

Bad news: I have early-stage bronchitis, and the asthma I was told I outgrew as a small child is baaaaack.

Archived